Diablo® III

Phat's budget Double Nado and gear reference

Yo.

So I need another 2IAS to hit my 2.5/2.5 APS BP's fully buffed. I'm leaning towards just going in for another 2 on the ammy and am just wondering if you think I should drop some cash now or if I should wait it out until we know how good these new items will be. One of the craftables being an ammy and all. Scoped it all out and it looks like adding 2ias will bump me up by about 120K tDPS vs Leets.

Thanks
Thanks for the input guys, I didn't know earlier that you can import your profile in sssdrawr.

I am still playing around with it. lol.

BTW, may I know what MP level are you farming PhatPho?
Edited by Neutrino#1657 on 1/14/2013 7:23 PM PST
View profile
Yo.

So I need another 2IAS to hit my 2.5/2.5 APS BP's fully buffed. I'm leaning towards just going in for another 2 on the ammy and am just wondering if you think I should drop some cash now or if I should wait it out until we know how good these new items will be. One of the craftables being an ammy and all. Scoped it all out and it looks like adding 2ias will bump me up by about 120K tDPS vs Leets.

Thanks

Im not a fan of putting ias on the ammy unless you are rich enough to afford trifecta. I'd drop ias from ammy and add str/avg dam and pick up the 8ias somewhere else.

I have no idea what these new crafted ammys will bring to the discussion. I was never a fan of crafting in previous patches and you may spend months trying to roll a usable ammy. Who knows...

Im currently farming mp7 at a slower pace than i would like, 12-13min alkaizer. My fastest farm is mp5. I definitely notice the increased # of item drops in mp7 though. Not necessarily legendaries or useful drops, but there definitely are more drops.
Edited by PhatPhoEater#1370 on 1/14/2013 9:23 PM PST
Hey Phat, could you look at my barb and just give me an overall assessment as to where I could have done better/did wrong with my gearing strategy?

One thing that I'm afraid I did wrong was when I chose to get the MH and OH weapons I have now regardless of the fact that neither one of them had STR (I remember I read in another guide that it's not wise to rely on weapons for my primary stat so I didn't).

I so want to increase my tDPS without needing to mug an old lady for some lose change. :-)

P.S. I have a 700 dps EF in my stash which I don't use since it felt like I was not generating enough fury when I switched to it as my OH. It's got a socket, 150 STR and 0.25% APS. Was I wrong with switching back to my dagger OH?
Edited by MasterPUA#6728 on 1/15/2013 1:35 AM PST
Phat, I realise everyone is asking you this, but if you have time, would you please critique my build and recommend improvements? I'm moving from an old fashioned tank build to a double tornado one, but it's taking a long time due to lack of $$. My budget would be about 5m per item at the moment...more if you say so, but slow farming is my main source of cash.

Thanks heaps.
View profile
01/15/2013 01:32 AMPosted by MasterPUA
One thing that I'm afraid I did wrong was when I chose to get the MH and OH weapons I have now regardless of the fact that neither one of them had STR (I remember I read in another guide that it's not wise to rely on weapons for my primary stat so I didn't).

You are correct that you can sometimes find weapons with no or low str but much higher dps for similar cost. The hidden benefit of str is that it adds to your armor. I'm willing to pay for this benefit even if it means sacrificing a little weapon dps. I always build budget sets with higher ehp/sustain goals compared to dps. I also value str over crit on a weapon for the same reason. For most budget sets 50 crit is about equal to 150str.

You'd have to use d3rawr to answer the EF OH question more precisely, but by my quick look it would be drop in sustain since you would be losing 3%LS. You'd be forced to use bloodthirst. The loss of crit would be offset by the additional 150str.

Your MH+EF would have similar aps as your current setup since your dagger has IAS. so instead of your current weapon aps, 1.42/1.59, youd be at 1.67/1.45. I'd have to sit and figure out if that extra aps will let you hit higher bp with 4slots of IAS, but that's what d3rawr is for :)
View profile
Phat, I realise everyone is asking you this, but if you have time, would you please critique my build and recommend improvements? I'm moving from an old fashioned tank build to a double tornado one, but it's taking a long time due to lack of $$. My budget would be about 5m per item at the moment...more if you say so, but slow farming is my main source of cash.

Thanks heaps.

you have zero sustain that i can see. you have very low cc on gear. you have 1 slot of ias. your weapons are wonky. your runes are incorrect as well.

IMO, I would fix the set to let you permawrath right now and then you can decide how much more gold you want to dump into the set. You would need new OH ring, gloves, and weapons. I would prefer to have 24ms since that makes permawrath much easier but you can wait on that if you want, though I wouldn't.

This would be a big drop in hp and may not change your paper dps that much, but having permawrath will probably still outperform this current set in terms of efficiency. Eventually, you'd have to replace the other pieces to make up for the lost hp, but thats later.

You could replace the items i described above for 5mil total. If you want true upgrades then it may cost a few mil per slot.
Nice write up Phat. Tagging for future reference and for linkage to "help me" threads. :D

PS. How am I looking so far? I've upgraded a few spots since the last time I've asked for advice. Planning on looking into a decent EF and SoJ next. I also agree on mp7 dropping more items. I to live in mp5 with no issues but for some reason, that percentage boost to the double drop MP bonus seems very obvious when jumping to 7.
View profile
01/15/2013 10:28 AMPosted by Sedi
PS. How am I looking so far? I've upgraded a few spots since the last time I've asked for advice. Planning on looking into a decent EF and SoJ next. I also agree on mp7 dropping more items. I to live in mp5 with no issues but for some reason, that percentage boost to the double drop MP bonus seems very obvious when jumping to 7.

you have 6slots of IAS, which is putting you between breakpoints. If your plan was to re-arrange ias distribution in anticipation of SOJ, that would still leave you with 5 slots of IAS. I don't think any EF combo would make use of that fifth IAS slot. It's either 4 or 6.

I don't know if you are looking at MH EF vs OH, but I think I may have to rethink my recommendations for OH EF with crit since these things have tripled in price. While it could still be in mid tier budgets, I've always viewed this as a value-buy since it can be used to get solid mid tier tDPS for the bargain price of 20m. Not many dps slots have such low cost-high performance ratio. At 60mil? I'd have to think long and hard about that.
01/15/2013 10:49 AMPosted by PhatPhoEater

you have 6slots of IAS, which is putting you between breakpoints. If your plan was to re-arrange ias distribution in anticipation of SOJ, that would still leave you with 5 slots of IAS. I don't think any EF combo would make use of that fifth IAS slot. It's either 4 or 6.

I don't know if you are looking at MH EF vs OH, but I think I may have to rethink my recommendations for OH EF with crit since these things have tripled in price. While it could still be in mid tier budgets, I've always viewed this as a value-buy since it can be used to get solid mid tier tDPS for the bargain price of 20m. Not many dps slots have such low cost-high performance ratio. At 60mil? I'd have to think long and hard about that.

I'm not sure what you're meaning by being between break points? @67% on gear I buff up to 2.3/2.88 and 1.6m tDPS/ 837Kehp? Is that statement for just my MH? As far as equipping the EF, I'd assume it would go offhand to bring me closer to the 26tick/weapon BP.
Yo phat! you have always been so helpful on the forums - thanks for a great post.

I would appreciate your view on my current setup - I just can't seem to find an upgrade without upsetting my entire gear set.

Please let me know your thoughts on what I can do to get that higher tDPS and where I can add IAS if need be...

I have a Witching Hour in my stash that is pretty good - adds about 13k paper DPS with STR & IAS, and have an IK Belt as well...this belt I use for low MP farming to Scoop Gold.

Thanks in advance and thanks for working so hard to keep the Barb community thriving on the forums.
Hey PhatPhoEater, u have been a real help for me in the way of upgrading my barb, and i think im quite close to what im looking for right now. I just need some help with my breakpoints, should i care about buffed or unbuffed BP? i think im 1 IAS from the 2,5/2,5 BP with wrath and 5 IAS away from the 2,23/2,23 BP unbuffed. Dunno if its worth getting 5 ias in one of my rings or just uprading my innas/lacunis for a 9ias one.
After that im hoping to be able to keep wrath up longer, im having a hard time doing it by now in low mps.
Thanks for the help man!
ps: Im adding crit damage to my ammy just after i resolve this ias thing.
View profile
01/15/2013 11:03 AMPosted by Sedi
I'm not sure what you're meaning by being between break points? @67% on gear I buff up to 2.3/2.88 and 1.6m tDPS/ 837Kehp? Is that statement for just my MH? As far as equipping the EF, I'd assume it would go offhand to bring me closer to the 26tick/weapon BP.

I didnt add correctly, you are right. However, I think the point of using 5 slots of ias (with soj) with any ef combo is still true. ef+ias sword, ef+dagger, ef+ias dagger, mace+ef, ias axe+ef. I think those combos can hit bp without wasting ias and most of them do it with 4 slots. I'm post call and am too tired to sit down and do the math. I think uberj had a thread that lays all this out.
View profile
Please let me know your thoughts on what I can do to get that higher tDPS and where I can add IAS if need be...

I have a Witching Hour in my stash that is pretty good - adds about 13k paper DPS with STR & IAS, and have an IK Belt as well...this belt I use for low MP farming to Scoop Gold.

I'll start with the WH question. No. You are already glass. You use that WH and your hp drops even more. Your ehp+dodge fully buffed is only 500k. Paired with 2.9LS TOTAL! You won't have success very far passed mp with 7k hp/sec sustain. Using bloodthirst sustain goes to 13k. IMO that is ok for mp5 but with higher ehp than you have.

If all you want is more tdps, then by all means pursue it. You won't be able to actually make use of it until you add more sustain and/or ehp since you'll be stuck in mp4 and below.
View profile
Hey PhatPhoEater, u have been a real help for me in the way of upgrading my barb, and i think im quite close to what im looking for right now. I just need some help with my breakpoints, should i care about buffed or unbuffed BP? i think im 1 IAS from the 2,5/2,5 BP with wrath and 5 IAS away from the 2,23/2,23 BP unbuffed. Dunno if its worth getting 5 ias in one of my rings or just uprading my innas/lacunis for a 9ias one.
After that im hoping to be able to keep wrath up longer, im having a hard time doing it by now in low mps.
Thanks for the help man!
ps: Im adding crit damage to my ammy just after i resolve this ias thing.

All you should worry about is fully buffed aps breakpoints. This build is designed to be permawrath. Of course, you cannot account for bad mob distribution and will occasionally drop wrath. Unless you have absolutely crap luck, then it shouldn't happen that often.

good luck with the ammy. it will be costly to add crit to that str/cc roll, but that is the natural upgrade for that ammy. You have very good cc and could even consider dropping 1 or 2% to get the crit dam, since you desperately need more crit dam. You'll eventually be getting a cc mempo and that will make up for that difference.
Phat, I'm 7ias from 2.5/2.5 in WoTB. What gloves would you recommend I get: rare or IK? I can't do the ias ring as I want to farm at mp5ish after patch for most effective leveling with a hellfire on.
I ran some gear numbers and lose 100k eHP with Inna pants as my gear just isn't good enough yet for that route.

Maybe I can get a hellfire with 7ias and 6cc then get a glove with CD? hahah :)
BTW you are always helping in so many threads and making your own thread to do this was a great idea. You have your general theory and way of thinking for people to read in the first post and having a popular thread is an honor for an amazing barb of this community. salute!
View profile
Phat, I'm 7ias from 2.5/2.5 in WoTB. What gloves would you recommend I get: rare or IK? I can't do the ias ring as I want to farm at mp5ish after patch for most effective leveling with a hellfire on.
I ran some gear numbers and lose 100k eHP with Inna pants as my gear just isn't good enough yet for that route.

Tough question since the str is so massive on that ik glove. You should use d3rawr to see what the fully buffed tdps does if you went to a 150str, 7ias/10cc glove. you cant really spare any cc since you are getting to the lower end. I would consider getting an ias/cc ring for the OH instead of ias/cd. You will appreciate the cc much more than the cd. If you ever swap hellfire to SOJ then you will want the OH ring to have cc anyway.

Maybe I can get a hellfire with 7ias and 6cc then get a glove with CD? hahah :)

If all you want to do is farm in MP5 then I don't see the problem with some cheap inna's and some vita ice climbers? Your gear is right there to handle it just fine imo. You can easily lose some vita since you're sitting at 50k life.
great job phat :)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]