Diablo® III

Performance discussion!

90 Human Warlock
I really do love Diablo 3, but I've never really been able to enjoy it fully because of my computer.

Here are my specs:
    8GB RAM

AMD Athlon II X4 650 Processor (3.20 GHz)

There is, however, one catch; I have integrated graphics, which means I don't have any installed graphics card, only a built in video chip which is located on the motherboard. I usually hold around 20 FPS while playing on the lowest settings and windowed mode, so my experience with Diablo 3 has been terrible. With that being said, I was wanting to hear anyone's recommendation for a graphics card that has a balanced price and performance, and also post your current specs and any other information that relates to your game performance.
Edited by Apollo#1656 on 1/14/2013 8:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
my 570 from eons ago run it like a champ.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I've been browsing the web, and it seems a lot of people have been using either the Radeon HD 6850 or GeForce GTX 560. The cards are actually A LOT cheaper than I assumed, which is definitely in my budget.
Reply Quote
I'm using an old GeForce 220 GT with a 23" @ 1920 X 1080 pushes the game maxed out fine. Chugs minimally in the sewers, but who goes in there? :)
Edited by Otis#1467 on 1/14/2013 8:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
I am suffering from performance on my laptop, coolers produce so much noise because of high CPU. BUT, i noticed that if you even not playing but just looking for lots in Auction House - the CPU is still high ~20-30%. What d3 processes do so much while i am in AH? is it performance bug, have anybody else experienced the same issue?
Reply Quote
A $100 video card of either brand will solve your problem.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
My computers lowest score is a 7.3 (excluding the graphics), so hopefully picking the right graphics card will solve my problem. I will most likely choose a Nvidia card, since I've seen a lot more good feedback with their graphic cards. Thanks for the help.
Reply Quote
A friend of mine plays with me using a 550Ti. He is happy with the way it runs. He also plays BF3 with me on a mix of med-high settings. So even a card like this card should do well if you are trying save some cash.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]