Diablo® III

Thoughts on dueling?

I have only played once but its very boring. Spiders seemed to work pretty well. What is everyone else using?
Reply Quote
did u try WoS?
Reply Quote
I've read on another forum that Grasp with 80% rune is OP

Pets are also invaluable....use sacrifice

I'll try all this out later today when i get home
Reply Quote
Seems that's the way it's going to be, just like in D2.

Either Dueling is for you or it isn't. Personally I'd rather a sort of hostile/not-hostile sort of thing just like from D2

That way you don't have any outside interference, from another person, and a duel is a duel.
Reply Quote
omg WD owns pvp so much cc
Reply Quote
lol.. it's fun but 1/2 shot madness no matter how tanky the player.
Reply Quote
I wish I hadn't sold all my WD gear. That thing that turns you into a sheep, spirit walk, plus the vessel thing all mean that WD is really fun/good.
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 02:13 PMPosted by Brahm

I have not tried it yet.

But if OHKOs are the order of the day, WD will be the king of PVP with 3 lives and 3 second invincibility.
Edited by Wtflag#1258 on 1/15/2013 2:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 02:53 PMPosted by Wtflag

I have not tried it yet.

But if OHKOs are the order of the day, WD will be the king of PVP with 3 lives and 3 second invincibility.

Excuse my noobness, but if Spirit Ves gives you a second life, where does the 3rd life come from?
Reply Quote
Ok, just so you guys know, i just got a text from my friend who is a 300k Wiz, who is playing with a 500k wiz (one of the top in NA), and they are getting owned by a 150k WD...using grasp and medusa spiders

i'm starting to feel really good now that i chose WD as my main :)
Edited by fabbyhunter#1917 on 1/15/2013 3:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ok, just so you guys know, i just got a text from my friend who is a 300k Wiz, who is playing with a 500k wiz (one of the top in NA), and they are getting owned by a 150k WD...using grasp and medusa spiders

i'm starting to feel really good now that i chose WD as my main :)

I'm watching Ziss' stream and the entire party is getting mopped up by Kamakazzi and his WD using Leaping spiders, Hex, and Grasp.
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 03:00 PMPosted by fabbyhunter

I have not tried it yet.

Excuse my noobness, but if Spirit Ves gives you a second life, where does the 3rd life come from?

I may have been confused by diablo fans's data mined details on Spirit Vessel allowing two revives within 90 second. Is that still a go?
Reply Quote

I may have been confused by diablo fans's data mined details on Spirit Vessel allowing two revives within 90 second. Is that still a go?

hmmmm, within 90 seconds is possible, but i've never tested that in a PvE game. In PvP, 90 seconds is a lifetime so it may be hard to test that
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 03:15 PMPosted by Wtflag

No it stays the same as it was, they've only changed the tooltip.
Reply Quote
nah i'm finding no class is OP. If you play for more then a couple mins with people who know what they are doing (or picking it up quickly) they figure out how to counter everything rather soon. Grasp is great but it's really easy to avoid. Same hex can quickly be countered if you have the right spells or don't go near. There are some really good Wiz specs that are hard to beat right now.

barb however is having a hard time
Edited by Brahm#1943 on 1/15/2013 4:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
Watching Ziss' stream, that Wiz is still being owned by everyone regardless of build used (no good escape skill and no strong single target). The new barb is quite hard to kill, definitely not 1-2 shot, rather 10-20 shot.
Reply Quote
the wizards i'm playing with are doing really well. don't know what ziss's problem is maybe some of these streamers simply were put on to high of a pedestal
Reply Quote
from trolling in other forums, seems consensus is WD CC items will rule -- two forums are ripe with guys staggered by Haunt :-) WD's be happy.... wiz/barb? not so much...
Reply Quote
Wiz _can_ do fine with mitigation, armors, and teleport cooldown (plus calamity), but WDs so far seem most viable!
Reply Quote
Dude. WD is OP in dueling. First time and I was mopping up. WoS, Haunt (slow run), and Grasp with Spirit Walk and Spirit Vessel. Threw on a Soul Harvest with Vengeance and 1 shot everything close me.

SW and SV is crazy good since you can haunt, grasp, and then run away and splinter.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]