Diablo® III

So getting one shotted is dueling?

Really? I am so disappoint.
Edited by mercilessdv8#1651 on 1/16/2013 12:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
did anyone really expect pvp to be anything more than poor in every way?
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 04:55 PMPosted by mercilessdv8
Really? I am so dissipoint.

Well...this is what happen to me in Diablo 2 PvP...
Reply Quote
I fought against a tanky barb today. He took forever to kill.
>100k HP
lots of res and armor
huge life regen from 2% life/sec passive
still 150k+ dps
stormshield+helm of command so big block

It was funny watching DHs tickle him though.
Reply Quote
I fought against a tanky barb today. He took forever to kill.
>100k HP
lots of res and armor
huge life regen from 2% life/sec passive
still 150k+ dps
stormshield+helm of command so big block

It was funny watching DHs tickle him though.

Speaking of which, I was fighting http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/degnar-1523/hero/968242 and he ALSO took forever to kill. So much dodge, block, and HP. Honestly maybe we need to start really going defensive and then one-shotting won't be such an issue.
Reply Quote
But he got no more dps, my gear is more like it!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We implemented dueling to provide interested players a way to battle each other -- no objectives, no scoring, just Nephalem against Nephalem. It was something the community has been asking for, and with additional PvP modes still in development we honestly didn't have a good reason to keep saying no.

Dueling isn't intended to be balanced, though, so don't expect a fair fight. That's not what dueling is about. There will probably be some match-ups in which you're one-shotted (this is a big reason why we have no permanent Hardcore deaths at the moment). There will also probably be some match-ups in which you one-shot other players. Your heroes are designed to kill things quickly and without mercy, and in this case those "things" just happen to be other heroes.

We don't anticipate that everyone will like dueling. That's fine. While some players might really love it and find it a cool challenge, we're okay if most people don't make it an integral part of their gaming experience. The system exists to give you the opportunity to obliterate your opponents in an environment designed explicitly for that purpose, but that's it -- and we feel it achieves that goal pretty well.

Now, we're still open to your feedback and will be keeping a close on eye on it throughout the PTR process. We're not opposed to making changes if they benefit the game; in fact, that's what a PTR is all about. In return, we just ask that you keep in mind the scope of what dueling is supposed to be, and that you give the system a fair shot before jumping to conclusions or making sweeping requests for buffs/debuffs/etc. Explore new builds, try out different tactics, and then let us know what you think. If we make changes, we want them to be informed, and that tends to work out best if the feedback you give us is also informed (i.e. not just a judgment based on only a few minutes of gameplay). :)
Edited by Lylirra on 1/15/2013 6:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
The zero cooldown zombie dog build needs to be nerfed for both pvp and pve, its game breaking it needs MINIMUM to have 5 seconds between each recast of dog, no matter what reduction you have
Reply Quote
Is their anyway a reduction in damage across the board could be applied? Say 50% or more... this way fights last longer and are more fun. Of course this would be a PvP thing only all PvE would remain the same.
Reply Quote
View profile
why not give a damage reduction for pvp. at least give every class the 30%
Reply Quote
Wow, please take longer to make this into a complete game.
Reply Quote
The only thing I really want added to the Dueling system is scoreboard.
Even if its 1 shotting, it's nice to see how many kills, deaths and assists you had.
Pretty please? ^^

Edit:
Oh and please fix the CE wings, I dont want to equip them every time I die, and in PvP I die a lot!
Edited by DAngel7#2200 on 1/15/2013 5:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 05:51 PMPosted by Osiris
Is their anyway a reduction in damage across the board could be applied? Say 50% or more... this way fights last longer and are more fun. Of course this would be a PvP thing only all PvE would remain the same.

I think we need to spend a few days or weeks seeing how defensive or moderately defensive builds fare. Most of the community I would assume has been geared to kill fast, and so everyone just dies instantly. But since PvP just came out, (and before we nerf things to 50% or more) we should play around more. As I posted above, that DH was a beast to kill, he just stood there through my SSS. Whereas some other people would die on one proc of SSS.
Edited by Onetwo#1132 on 1/15/2013 5:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 04:55 PMPosted by mercilessdv8
Really? I am so dissipoint.

With that EHP, what would you expect...

If you don't want to get 1-shotted, reflect that into your choices, be it gear or skills.
Reply Quote
We implemented dueling to provide interested players a way to battle each other -- no objectives, no scoring, just Nephalem against Nephalem. It was something the community has been asking for, and with additional PvP modes still in development we honestly didn't have a good reason to keep saying no.

Dueling isn't intended to be balanced, though, so don't expect a fair fight. That's not what dueling is about. There will probably be some match-ups in which you're one-shotted (this is a big reason why we have no permanent Hardcore deaths at the moment). There will also be probably be some match-ups in which you one-shot other players. Your heroes are designed to kill things quickly and without mercy, and in this case those "things" just happen to be other heroes.

We don't anticipate that everyone will like dueling. That's fine. While some players might really love it and find it a cool challenge, we're okay if most people don't make it an integral part of their gaming experience. The system exists to give you the opportunity to obliterate your opponents in an environment designed explicitly for that purpose, but that's it -- and we feel it achieves that goal pretty well.

Now, we're still open to your feedback and will be keeping a close on eye on it throughout the PTR process. We're not opposed to making changes if they benefit the game; in fact, that's what a PTR is all about. In return, we just ask that you keep in mind what the scope of what dueling is supposed to be, and that you give the system a fair shot before jumping to conclusions or making sweeping requests for buffs/debuffs/etc. Explore new builds, try out different tactics, and then let us know what you think. If we make changes, we want them to be informed, and that tends to work out best if the feedback you give us is also informed (i.e. not just a judgment based on only a few minutes of gameplay). :)

my feedback is please stop calling this dueling. its not.
dueling is between two individuals only. what you have created is just an arena without any rules, objectives, ranking, or incentives. in essence you have created boredom. it will no doubt be exciting the first few times, but without something behind the madness it will not hold ppls interest.
Edited by Morogoth#1321 on 1/15/2013 5:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
Community Manager
01/15/2013 05:51 PMPosted by ChuckNorris
why not give a damage reduction for pvp. at least give every class the 30%

Like I said, we're not opposed to making changes, even ones along the lines of a universal damage debuff while in the dueling zone. The point of the PTR is to get feedback from players so we can make those kinds of tuning adjustments if necessary.

We've only got a few hours of feedback at the moment, though, and we'd like to get a better picture of what players' general experience has been before we start talking about possible changes. For example, I'm betting that a lot of players are still dueling in their farming builds, rather than something that's been refined and tailored for PvP-style combat -- which can make a difference. We also want to make sure that the people who are providing feedback understand what dueling is supposed to be (i.e. not a place you go to for super balanced battles).
Edited by Lylirra on 1/15/2013 6:20 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]