Diablo® III

So getting one shotted is dueling?

What I want to know is how this Iria person equipped two justice lanterns, further more sure high ehp but you cant kill anything so your just a fly to be killed last or first depending on PvP mode.I don't think many seasoned players are remotely interested in this PvP as incredibly powerful items have been duped killing any respect for bragging rights.I love this game but the lack of justice on bots, dupes makes me wonder if there's some of that "it's not what you know it's who you know" being excersised.
Reply Quote
Diablo 2 had a lot of one shotting too. My lightning charm sorc OHKO'd practically everyone using thunder storm. :)

What's wrong with this? Most people are geared to be glass cannons nowadays anyways. Go get some resists/vit/%life.
Edited by Origin#1494 on 1/17/2013 6:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
DAM too much crying over their weak !@# Health pools.
Seriously? Then build some defensive mechanism!

Making the game too easy for everyone to play
Reply Quote
DAM too much crying over their weak !@# Health pools.
Seriously? Then build some defensive mechanism!

Making the game too easy for everyone to play

I know right? All them glass cannons whining.
Reply Quote
Well what really makes it hard to balance pvp with pve is when you have something like (and i exaggerate) 500,000 damage a second (everyone specs pure dmg builds) and 10,000 hp, hmmm well in pve its balanced but according to calculations if everyone has 10k hp max and most will have less maybe 8k then 500,000/8,000 then a person would die in 0.016 seconds.

realistically = 40k hp and 300k dmg/sec = 300k/40k = death in 0.133333∞ sec, to the human mind ~1/10 of a second. 300k * 0.05 (95% dmg reduction) = 15k dps, 15k/40k = death in 2.666∞ sec about 2 and a half seconds AND you have CC in that too, so you get stunned for 3 sec? your screwed and thats with 95% dmg reduction, basically with this formula whoever uses the cheeze/stun/fear/freeze/root whatever skill first wins.
EDITED FOR = i understand elite + and - % dmg, well gear will probly add up to +5% dmg and reduce 5% dmg kinda null and void there.... unless dmg calculations are added a specific way but common 5% is nothing and besides in my book 5% should mean 5% and 80% by calculations i hate it when pple do that, just make a chest piece reduce 30% and it will be straight up 30% that way i know what im buying without ok im buying armor with 5% when its not 5% ok let me break out the pen and paper here and 5%+x-y/10*lvl+1024/10+128/lvl*0.3*4322241-lvl/2048, common no formulas plz

I would also like to warn about the ***potential*** over powered attribute of life %, look 2-3 expansions or item updates later when you have tons of vitality and a base of 500,000 life then you get 98% bonus life thats crazy life, probably reduce that to only a few pieces of gear. I think each gear piece has a few affixes that they get to spawn only and nothing else that way ok i want % life ill look for that on what it spawns on the belts/amultes for example or only gloves and weapons will spawn crit dmg % bonus, well better lookup that stat on ur gloves this should apply only to randomly generated affix items. just my 2¢
Edited by Azerias#1610 on 1/17/2013 6:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
Guess dueling is just not for me then, theres no point doing it, ok u come up a great build ¡, good strategy n u keep killing players, u seem successful, but where will it show? What will u get?

People who stream n record their play will be fine with this. Coz they get recognition from youtube n ppl praise them n stuff

But i dont stream my play, i dont see how i was doing in dueling, others dont notice how good i am, i dont get anything, its kinda against an idea of a game that u pay effort n u get some sort of return from it

I rather go out farm for items n upgrade my character, feels more like im actually doing something useful lol
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 05:38 PMPosted by Chillaxin
I however still think that there should be a soft/hard returns in the critical damage computation table. Since compared to damage mitigation, critical damage scales exponentially making such built cannon's stronger than they ought to be against "tankier" players.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA You mean cannons are good in PvE AND PvP? I told you.

Quite the opposite actually.

As far as i've seen i cannot be killed in PVP, especially by damage as puny as yours. :) Even if they don't change anything i'd dominate you. I just wouldn't want you dying in 3-5 seconds against me. I'd prefer that you have a hard time first and last 10 seconds at least.

Also, my challenge for you in PVP, Chillaxin, is still in very much effect. :) I will kill you very easily regardless if they change anything or not.
Edited by ZRaiyne#6337 on 1/17/2013 6:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 06:31 PMPosted by ZRaiyne
As far as i've seen i cannot be killed in PVP, especially by damage as puny as yours.

01/17/2013 04:59 PMPosted by ZRaiyne
I haven't played the PTR

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 1/17/2013 7:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
As far as i've seen i cannot be killed in PVP, especially by damage as puny as yours.

I haven't played the PTR

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Watch and study this video of Moldran. It might help you in estimating your damage against geared players that aren't even dedicated tanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG0GsG3Nvvc

These guys also hit far much harder than you. So, I will be waiting for you Chillaxin once the patch comes live. Be ready and practice all you want.

Also, you might want to give these two threads a good read.

50k dps Tank Barb tanking 3 players effortlessly.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592242841?page=1

Tank Monk vs 331k DH.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592803048

Good luck! :)) pure DPS isn't the only way to go in a game like PVP.
Edited by ZRaiyne#6337 on 1/17/2013 8:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
Watch this video,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG0GsG3Nvvc

As Moldran said, it might be too early for us to judge if there should be any reductions to the damage or not.

I haven't played the PTR, but seeing as what he can do compared to the other players who've uploaded their streams. I think we should put on hold our quick judgments regarding damage reduction for the meantime. :)

I however still think that there should be a soft/hard returns in the critical damage computation table. Since compared to damage mitigation, critical damage scales exponentially making such built cannon's stronger than they ought to be against "tankier" players.

I agree. His video showed just how well endgame pvp characters can do. I was really surprised since I watched kongor and the skill level was huge although kongor's gear was better. Everyone mocked barbs but he was wiping the floor with DHs, monks, and wizs.

With actual pvp oriented gear and some actual skill there is lots of fun to be had in dueling. People are just judging from their initial play with their low eHP gear.
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 08:01 PMPosted by ZRaiyne
These guys also hit far much harder than you.

Actually they dont. Moldren says most of the people he fought has about 200k dps. I can raise my dps to over 400k dps.

Too bad you didn't test anything on the PTR ZRaiyne so you would actually have a clue.

01/05/2013 08:41 PMPosted by ZRaiyne
Also, I do not argue in paper. I do it in real gameplay

01/17/2013 06:31 PMPosted by ZRaiyne

01/17/2013 04:59 PMPosted by ZRaiyne
I haven't played the PTR

Hypocrite.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 1/17/2013 8:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
These guys also hit far much harder than you.

Actually they dont. Moldren says most of the people he fought has about 200k dps. I can raise my dps to over 400k dps.

Too bad you didn't test anything on the PTR ZRaiyne so you would actually have a clue.

I haven't played the PTR

Hypocrite.

Big words for someone who actually ran from me 5 times in a row. Refusing a video streamed challenge on countless threads. :)

So, go ahead then raise it to 400k. You have all the time in the PTR to make it happen. :) Your damage means nothing to me no matter how far you raise it since your biggest issue is always defense. lol.

I will destroy you in PVP and record it as i've always done in my youtube channel. :)
Edited by ZRaiyne#6337 on 1/17/2013 8:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 08:35 PMPosted by ZRaiyne
I will destroy you in PVP

I haven't played the PTR

Hypocrite.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 1/17/2013 8:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
I will destroy you in PVP

I haven't played the PTR

Hypocrite.

Care to wager 30M then? :)) Oh, what was i thinking having you show up is already so difficult to do.
Edited by ZRaiyne#6337 on 1/17/2013 8:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 08:39 PMPosted by ZRaiyne
Care to wager 30M then? :)

30mil that you will die more often than kill me? Hell yes!

No bets based on your off-the-wall youtube video terms.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 1/17/2013 8:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
Care to wager 30M then? :)

30mil that you will die more often than kill me? Hell yes!

No bets based on your off-the-wall youtube video terms.

Oh, afraid to lose? :)) What's 30 million gold to the 1.4 billion gold Chillaxin anyway?

I will record the match regardless. As i've said, i will put you to shame and a video feed is the best way to do that. So, the best thing for you to do is avoid me in PVP if you wish otherwise.

With or without the gold wager, i will hit record as soon as i see your name enter the game. :) My challenge will always stand until the day you actually show-up.

Enjoy my new youtube video by the way. I got a new reflect showcase up. :))
Edited by ZRaiyne#6337 on 1/17/2013 8:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
Afraid to lose? :) What's 30 million gold to the 1.4 billion Chillaxin anyway?

Absolutely not. 30mil isn't much for me.
Reply Quote
You got your PTR account up yet? what are we waiting for?
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 08:48 PMPosted by Chillaxin
Afraid to lose? :) What's 30 million gold to the 1.4 billion Chillaxin anyway?

Absolutely not. 30mil isn't much for me.

Then show-up when servers go live. >:)
Edited by ZRaiyne#6337 on 1/17/2013 8:51 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]