Diablo® III

So getting one shotted is dueling?

Still one shot. Where is the "form of damage reduction "?
Edited by maximusy#1336 on 1/22/2013 7:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
My only comment so far: Crits need to go. I've been PvPing my friends for a few hours now. Neither of us have builds with very high crit rate and crit damage, but when we get a crit, our 120% crit damage is enough to just completely wreck each other. I can only imagine that at higher levels of gearing, crits make or break your fight.
Reply Quote
My barb has over 2.2m ehp and I just got one shot by a monk using skorn and wave of light (empowered rune too).

We were testing not dueling. Not really a QQ post just an observation. I still wreck people with my rend tho.
Reply Quote
That's another note. Wave of light is WAY too powerful now.
Reply Quote
The reason you are being one shotted is that you simply negated to gear any defense. That all that is. Also, you might just be severely out geared as well. Currently, I have a feeling if you're equally geared, NO class is overpowered.

01/17/2013 02:52 PMPosted by Iria
I know I have advertised them but I really want my idea to be considered since I feel it may fix a lot of issues.

Iria you idea is good. I'm supporting that.!
Reply Quote
View profile
Blizz are considering reducing damage in PvP:

Vaneras posts...:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6444794531#11
Reply Quote
Some damage reduction is probably needed, i mean 10 % reflects damage is far enough for some builds / gearing. Not saying glasscannon builds should be good in pvp. I agree that you shouldnt use PvE gear in PvP, but it will probably be very expensive to get loads of highstat defensive gear aswell. With a great balance on the damage, hopefully we will see some more gearing on less popular affixes such as chance to cc (fear, stun etc), %life & crowdcontrol reduction etc. Also new and different builds / playstyles.
Reply Quote
I would like to see damage reduction like d2 and a cap to maximum defence so barbs and monks cannot become immune to damage as they are the only class that can achieve 99% Damage reduction do to the silly 30% free DR they get.
Reply Quote
1: melee hero with 30% damage reduction, remote hero why no bonus damage or dodge
2: dh has two energy systems, whether they are able to effectively convert.
Reply Quote
1: melee hero with 30% damage reduction, remote hero why no bonus damage or dodge

sb
Reply Quote

sb

you home all sb.
Reply Quote

sb

you home all sb.

垃圾DH haha
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 04:08 AMPosted by Chillaxin
completely removes the debuff.

I call bull!@#$. Smokescreen doesn't remove haunt. Tried it a million times.

you are not doing it right,

after you pop ss you got to move your mouse around violently so ur dh shakes the haunt off like a dog shaking off water
Reply Quote
02/03/2013 11:42 PMPosted by TwoCoins
what is even the difference between dueling and pvp arena? Because basically there is none other than the fact the other is in a bigger arena with objectives and a scoreboard with a teammate.

The biggest difference is they can clam this is NOT the PvP content they promised us. If they released these arenas, it would just be as "unbalanced" as Dueling is now. So why would Blizzard want to put their seal of approval on a PvP mode with similar issues to dueling? So people can complain about more Diablo 3 failures? The arena mode at Blizzcon didn't account for characters that have farmed gear for months.

This is the best thing Blizzard cold have done. It's pretty much them admitting the did a whoops on PvP and gave us a Dueling mode so we can experience how bad it would have been while at the same time giving some fans what they wanted in a no-rules dueling system similar to D2. Which then gives them time to go back to the drawing board and let them create a PvP system that focuses on Diablo 3's strengths, and perhaps create something that actually feels good for ARPG PvP combat.
Reply Quote
So I'm guessing this would be the place I could ask if dueling will have any match based system at all? Even by level/paragon if not effective health pool/damage?
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 12:53 AMPosted by MetalX
So I'm guessing this would be the place I could ask if dueling will have any match based system at all? Even by level/paragon if not effective health pool/damage?

I dunno, but I do know I played the number 133 and 33 ranked players in the world today. So one sided it was ridiculous. Would love a matchmaking system so I don't keep fighting completely overpowered bros.

No offense to them, but losing over and over and over to 200K DPS 1700 vit ppl is not too fun. That is what Blizz is going for right? fun?
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 01:35 AMPosted by november1093
That is what Blizz is going for right? fun?

If they wanted that, they wouldn't of removed so many nice features like socket quest or Identify All.
Reply Quote
May I ask why on earth did it take 8 months to release such an embarassment of a pvp mode? Seriously, you guys could have given this during the release... It's obvious very little time and effort was put into this system, yet it took this long to give the community such a simple pvp mode?? what a head scratcher.

We didn't spend 8 months on dueling. In fact, we had no plans to add dueling to the game until very recently, and that was both based on the community's consistent feedback as well as our decision to postpone the release of any additional PvP modes. You can read more about that [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8163085/"]here[/url].

Why not adding team dueling then? I have seen a lot of people asking for it. It could be unbalanced, but you say the current dueling is unbalanced as well...
Didn't see anyone, at least, clarifying why no team dueling.
Edited by ilyu#2654 on 2/6/2013 9:58 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]