Diablo® III

Unable to launch the installer 10.8.2

85 Night Elf Druid
Hey Fellow D3 Players ^^

I am unable to re install Diablo 3 on my late 2011 macbook pro i am running 10.8.2.
i downloaded the installer from blizzard but when i click on the DMG files it appears to open but nothing happens.

I have Diablo 3/wow/SC2 installed before on my mac, but i was getting a patch loop error where it would say please restart to download a patch but will would do nothing when playing d3. After some frustration i decided to remove d3 and the folders on the shared drive and start again till i had this new problem where the installer won't launch.

Ive got d3 and wow on my windows desktop working a treat. i've tried the standard guides that the help try to explain for mac. where to disable my firewall etc... and I have the "only allow applications installed from apple" turned to install anything.

Has any one else has this problem and been able to solve it ?

Thanks in advance
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
01/16/2013 02:47 AMPosted by Mitsaku
i downloaded the installer from blizzard but when i click on the DMG files it appears to open but nothing happens.

This sounds like this issue: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/blizzard-downloader-andor-installer-does-not-run-after-download-mac
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Hey thanks that worked for me!

it gave me a different error, but i looked at what was running in the background and i was able to then connect to the patch services

Many thanks
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]