Diablo® III

what DHs think about wd

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7681548174
came across this today :)

so to sum it up
-they think were a huge pain
-smoking screen lingering fog is a must in their build
-they seem to really hate haunt. which once hit, will follow the DH even if they're in smoking screen.
-they can, however, use smoking screen to completely avid haunt before it lands.
-turtle the shaet out of them. they hate turtles.
-dont run face on to them and spirit walk to gain invincible frame. they time their ss right after we used our spirit walk, then either guess where we're likely to appear or kill our physical body using strafe and finish it off with the grenade launcher thingy
-legacy nat is the way to go
-try not to use pets against bola DH
-and lastly, watch out for hungering arrow.
Reply Quote
1. Their strafe can counter spirit walk. So it's a strafe vs haunt cat and mouse.

2. We are probably the only counter for Dex based characters with their powerful dodging ability as they can't dodge dot.

3. We are currently tie for top PVP class with DH according to most battle reports I have read so far.

4. I can see stacking 1000 Dex and using stormshield a worthwhile investment.

5. Poison dart needs to move faster :-(
Edited by Wtflag#1258 on 1/16/2013 3:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
try spirit walk -> locust -> haunt
dead dh
Reply Quote
what does legacy nats mean? That they have the full (4 piece) legacy nats set (since it was different from the "new"er one)?

Or is it a certain item?

And which Haunt rune do you suggest using? I haven't used Haunt in ages in PvE...
While on the PTR I stuck with WoS for my only ranged attack... but liking the sounds of spider spamming.
Edited by Wootytooty#1203 on 1/16/2013 4:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
legacy nats is the 4 piece legacy natalias set which basically triples their resources regen allowing them to spam ss indefinitely.
Reply Quote
i wonder what would hapen if blizz somehow updates the legacy sets. :P
Reply Quote
they have said before that they will not change any items that have already been dropped.

And yes, its great that the long class counted as "weakest" in PvE (WD) dominates so hard in PvP (most people just never knew how to use them correctly)

Last night was running in a game with a 100 legacy Nats DH, a 100 Monk and a high level Wiz (all friends of mine that we decided to spend a few hours testing all skills in PvP and working out what works for all classes) Only way they could kill me was if all 3 of them came across me at once and they ganged up on me. Even then 3/4 of the time i would end up taking them down unless they had SSS + StunBell on monk hit at same time as cluster arrows while permafrozen. They thought i was dead, spirit quest ticks, hit spirit walk, drop haunt, Sac my dogs and then spam 1 skill that is absolutely USELESS in PvE, yet kicks some serious a$$ in PvP, and other 3 are deader than disco.

HINT : 1 of the RoT skills. So Funny. So OP in PvP. 1 shot just about ANYTHING in game. And cant be avoided by Smokescreen or Serenity. Insta-gib! :)
Edited by skitzflik#1694 on 1/16/2013 5:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
1. Their strafe can counter spirit walk. So it's a strafe vs haunt cat and mouse.

2. We are probably the only counter for Dex based characters with their powerful dodging ability as they can't dodge dot.

3. We are currently tie for top PVP class with DH according to most battle reports I have read so far.

4. I can see stacking 1000 Dex and using stormshield a worthwhile investment.

5. Poison dart needs to move faster :-(

Glad I've been incorporating Dex into my WD since my first time into inferno. I currently have jus under 1k dex with my Zunimassa chest equipped.

One thing that isn't widely known, since most of the WD I've played with have never ventured into dex is that.

Witch Doctor attacks do not get interrupted by "dogde" so we cannot enter a dodge locked state :)
Edited by DonBukka#1245 on 1/16/2013 6:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
they have said before that they will not change any items that have already been dropped.

And yes, its great that the long class counted as "weakest" in PvE (WD) dominates so hard in PvP (most people just never knew how to use them correctly)

Last night was running in a game with a 100 legacy Nats DH, a 100 Monk and a high level Wiz (all friends of mine that we decided to spend a few hours testing all skills in PvP and working out what works for all classes) Only way they could kill me was if all 3 of them came across me at once and they ganged up on me. Even then 3/4 of the time i would end up taking them down unless they had SSS + StunBell on monk hit at same time as cluster arrows while permafrozen. They thought i was dead, spirit quest ticks, hit spirit walk, drop haunt, Sac my dogs and then spam 1 skill that is absolutely USELESS in PvE, yet kicks some serious a$$ in PvP, and other 3 are deader than disco.

HINT : 1 of the RoT skills. So Funny. So OP in PvP. 1 shot just about ANYTHING in game. And cant be avoided by Smokescreen or Serenity. Insta-gib! :)

So you're saying that Toad of Hugeness is useful in PvP because it only hits DHs when they are vulnerable, and licks them for some dmg?
Edited by november1093#1906 on 1/16/2013 11:42 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]