Diablo® III

I'm actually feel sorry for Jay.

(Locked)

Firstly, I've never publicly commented on Jay or D3 team.

But to be honest, for all the ppl who bashed Jay only or are celebrating now and thinking D3 will be better because of Jay being gone, do you seriously think Jay was the only person who made all those decisions?

Jay just unfortunately happened to be a punching bag for all the blames. Although i do think it was extremely unprofessional to say the "you-know-what" on facebook.
I posted something similar. I think Jay is being scapegoat. He didn't make the game all by himself.
Oops you mentioned his name. In coming thread lock!!! Because that how the pro's handle things professionally.
+1

AbadonnRF

Good bye. Nananana. Good bye.

^ hopefully your parents are alive to teach you some respect. nanana oops i take that from you
Edited by Kratos#1977 on 1/17/2013 1:28 PM PST
Did he got fired? Any official source, cause I can't google dat !@#$.

EDIT: Found it lol
Edited by DarkSeraphim#1612 on 1/17/2013 1:29 PM PST
"Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight. "
I hate to agree, but just because he stepped doesn't mean the game will change. I feel like there needs to be entirely new crew in D3 to make things better
He was arrogant and had tho whole "i know best" and "Players don't really know what they want but i do" or "No one really remembers how D2 was so what i am doing is best for them"

Guy thought he knew everything but clearly did not. Most of the videos i saw with Jay in them just pissed me off. I can see how it would other as well. The ones that could see through all the BS anyway.

Good bye Jay, and good riddance. I just hope D3 can make a turn around.
01/17/2013 01:29 PMPosted by padako
"Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight. "
Probably because some people just want to watch the world burn.
Firstly, I've never publicly commented on Jay or D3 team.

But to be honest, for all the ppl who bashed Jay only or are celebrating now and thinking D3 will be better because of Jay being gone, do you seriously think Jay was the only person who made all those decisions?

Jay just unfortunately happened to be a punching bag for all the blames. Although i do think it was extremely unprofessional to say the "you-know-what" on facebook.

He lead diablo 3 into the ground, as a LEAD game developer he decides which ideas make it into the game, if it was all of hes ideas from the start or not, he embraced them, and added all the worst ideas we could think of onto diablo 3. He desvers the hate he gets. Hes a leader, and he did a horrible job at it.
01/17/2013 01:23 PMPosted by Ricstar
I posted something similar. I think Jay is being scapegoat. He didn't make the game all by himself.

it's true.

i've never worked in the gaming industry, but all the corporations are same in terms of how these things work.

Someone has to take all the blames when !@#$ happens and gets out of control, but most of times this guy is not the one who is behind all the chaos.
Community Manager
01/17/2013 01:23 PMPosted by Shadovex
Oops you mentioned his name. In coming thread lock!!! Because that how the pro's handle things professionally.

The only reason we're locking threads is because there's already a pretty big conversation about the topic. That's it. :) Here's the thread link: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592242994.

If you'd like to comment on Jay's transition out of the role of Game Direction for Diablo III, his message, or anything related to either of those points, please do so in the above thread. I've set the cap super high, so it won't be autolocking anytime soon.

Thanks!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]