Diablo® III

Best Barb pvp build

Suggestions?
Reply Quote
Right now, it's looking gear dependent on a Rend build for high DPS Skorn Barbs or high EHP S&B Barbs.

Either/Or. Dual-wielding has its limitations.
Reply Quote
Yea well I faced a 72k health barb beat him of course they use jugger so gay but whatever. Ya Shield is DEF the way to go with DH's rend run away and fire hammers!
Reply Quote
What about best builds/passives?

I have a idea I just want other peoples opinions!
Reply Quote
What about best builds/passives?

I have a idea I just want other peoples opinions!

My favourite passive skill actually is superstition. Not only gives it a huge EHP boost versus any ranged or caster class, you also get a lot of fury whenever you get hit.
Reply Quote
Yes SS is very nice.. also for WD use seismic slam owns!!
Reply Quote
Me
Reply Quote
Saw some crazy barb with 2400 vit and still over 130k dps with a rend build owned everyone including wiz and a few DH didnt see any WD though. He had all defensive passives and Jugger. Was interesting but his build was very gear based.
Reply Quote
Hmm did he use WOTB? cause thats really noob.
Reply Quote
Edited by mifesto#1868 on 1/18/2013 6:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
well enough theory crafting... did two sessions of dueling for fun. basically got my azz kicked. its partly due to barbs being inferior in pvp, partly my lack of experience in building and playing a pvp build.

monks owned me. absorbed all my attacks, kicked my azz, then healed whatever damage i did to her with my rend.

DH's owned me. took me apart from afar. if i land my leap, then my rend gets her. more often then not shes doing crazy vaulting and gets distance from my leap(and out of my range of rend).

wiz also beat me. seeker magic missile similar,blizzard here and there. it wasnt total pwnage but again he'd dump his mana on me and if im alive run off and recharge his mana.
Reply Quote
@mifesto

That didnt happen to me... Wierd...
Kills was always way more than deaths in public games.
Player and gear problems?
Reply Quote
well i may have ran into some well geared folks... public games arent necessarily filled with crap players in PTR , as casual players often dont even bother w PTR server.

anyhow the monk who truely owned me was paragon 90's so i expected that. i can also tell these guys been dueling for awhile now. literally the first duel i ever did(never tried out a build w friends etc) using an unfamilar build/hotkeys i run into a badass monk... wat luck huh?

im sure if he was a scrub monk it woulda turned out very differently. in the end all builds im familiar are so fury thirsty builds it just simply doesnt work in PVP. im kinda having to relearn my barb in that way. (i havent used skills like ground stomp, ignore pain or leap since last june or july).....
Edited by mifesto#1868 on 1/18/2013 10:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
Any opinions on stacking dex? I play dh, monk & barb & it seems the biggest game changer between them is dodge. DH have additional advantage of course with smoke screen. Barbs seem to have trouble hitting & avoiding hits which currently means a shield is almost mandatory unless you have certain amounts of effective dodge. Thoughts?
Reply Quote
well i may have ran into some well geared folks... public games arent necessarily filled with crap players in PTR , as casual players often dont even bother w PTR server.

anyhow the monk who truely owned me was paragon 90's so i expected that. i can also tell these guys been dueling for awhile now. literally the first duel i ever did(never tried out a build w friends etc) using an unfamilar build/hotkeys i run into a badass monk... wat luck huh?

im sure if he was a scrub monk it woulda turned out very differently. in the end all builds im familiar are so fury thirsty builds it just simply doesnt work in PVP. im kinda having to relearn my barb in that way. (i havent used skills like ground stomp, ignore pain or leap since last june or july).....

When fighting monk, hit them, once they use the invulnerable skill, sprint off. They will chase you with all their might. Let them chase, until 4secs expire. Start fight again. They will surely do the 1000palm skill. Sprint off again (Use marathon). remember to pop ignore pain when health drop low. Once they use up all their skill? Sprint, stomp, rend (use Ravage coz you use a skorn), kill. Pretty simple fight. They can never survive a rend with those skills on CD. At least i didn't meet a single monk who can yet. (self assumption)

Most time, it's a WIN, probably you only lose when they use a skorn with super big damage for the 1000palm, or you got too unlucky trap at a corner under echo fear.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 1/19/2013 2:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
Any opinions on stacking dex? I play dh, monk & barb & it seems the biggest game changer between them is dodge. DH have additional advantage of course with smoke screen. Barbs seem to have trouble hitting & avoiding hits which currently means a shield is almost mandatory unless you have certain amounts of effective dodge. Thoughts?

@Economist
I did stack Dex. Pretty awesome. But it's very hard to get dex over 600 as base.
Many good players already said dex was one "most underrated mods".

I play throw, and i prefer a shield. Without a shield, you get kill too quickly by DH especially.
Even mid tier DH can kill a barb like me (1.7milehp in Dprogress) easily without my shield on.

Stomp wrenching smash +rend ravage, sprint to chase, rend = kills DH. Provided you can survive the DH's pummel. Pretty easy against average DH because with sprint marathon, catching up is not a hard task. But it's super hard against hard hitting DH. Most time you will not survive to do a 2nd rend. And worst still, some DH can actually survive a rend without crit. Means even you manage to rend him twice, you don't net a kill. Unless your 2nd rend is a crit.

Nice tactic here
http://youtu.be/ejLOURcigTk
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 1/19/2013 2:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593583048 This is what worked for me. I have had no issues in PVP at all and this build is fun and very powerful.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]