Diablo® III

Why do people buy gold/gear?

Since its all about farming i just want to do it as fast as possible and do not die.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Rogue
01/18/2013 09:35 AMPosted by UGotGanked
cuz they suck at video games among other things, and buy stuff to make themselves feel better.

Ugotganked.....is that what you did because all your gear and your helpers wasnt picked up on your daily runs so I guess you bought just like a ton of us do lmao
Most of us have RL jobs,familys,responsibilitys to do daily-weekly etc.Only a few hard line groups farm non stop to fill the RMAH for us to buy to save time.
It has nothing to do with skill or playing badly at all and jelousy towards this type of player only shows ignorance from yourself....IMO
Reply Quote
I find it funny. They pay to buy the game than pay for the gear, some even pay to have characters leveled. Basically why even bother? Why don't you agree to pay a guy 500$, he'll buy the game and play it for you and you won't ever have to worry about anything from there on out it'll all be taken care of. Every few months he can send you videos about how your character is doing and what's been going on.

Logically speaking only a idiot or a fool would pay to play. The ENTIRE purpose of the game is the journey, that's the game. Paying for top notch farming gear so you can than farm in a game of chance is so idiotic it's beyond comprehension. On the plus side these losers give a different set of losers a job which they probably desperately need so I guess on some level it works out for the greater good anyway.
Edited by Necksnapper#1372 on 1/21/2013 1:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Rogue
01/18/2013 09:53 AMPosted by Musashi
So yeah - if things dropped on a regular basis that could be used effectively, I don't think the real money auction would be as popular.

Mushashi a good point plus to get the set gear YOU NEED the RMAH to trade what you do get for what you want it is a win win other than the fact prices are totally in the billions those that have it all CONTROL the market now so were in a tuf spot =\
Reply Quote
people say they will never spend money to buy gears, but these same people are the same people who paid their monthly fee on wow. not to mention the game itself.

talk about farming and being effective.

i have over 1k hours. i would trade it for an 8 hour shift over time. and take that money and buy gears. and i would still have left over for donation.

then i can actually enjoy the game and have fun instead of mindless grind being piss 95 percent of the time.

talk about being effective...

if you want to make money, go get a job, you make more per hour convert to gold.

point made, that should shut these people up. cause i can tell you right now 75 percent of the time or more, is just mindless grind/key run/xp runs.

not actual fun where you enjoy the game, try different setup try different build, teach others about the game, help level new toons, crafting gears, play with ah, play with real friends.
how do i know this, because the actual fun comes within your first 80 hours of gameplay.
Edited by THE5RINGS#1154 on 1/21/2013 2:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
Just watch the news. Look at all the Android or Apple apps that people pay for, especially the games for which they use real money for tokens or whatever. I know of people on Facebook that have spent hundreds of dollars for no return.

Each to their own I say. I have spent money at the AH and I am not ashamed to say so. It's the haters that come on this forum damning the game and hating the AH and RMAH when they obviously have spent money there themselves and still play the game.

If you hate the game so much, don't be a part of it and don't play it.

I am all for suggesting improvements to make it a way better game. PVP is just the start.
Reply Quote
cuz some people have some spare money to spend on the things they like.

that is why
Reply Quote
Some people make a lot of money in real life.
Personally, if I played ALL WEEK simply farming gold on my own versus working that entire week; It's more profitable in-game to simply BUY it having spent those hours earning real life money.

Of course, that's considering if I wanted a week off grinding or wasting a whole pay check on the game.

Alternatively, nothing bites the dust a little too hard than a 100m dollar item that's wicked-godly-awesome and you only have 99m in the bank.
Would you spend an entire DOLLAR or whatever the price is for a mere 1m?
Edited by Odbarc#1938 on 1/21/2013 2:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
Here's what I applied to make the game work for me (considering I'm a casual day 1 player): I have 4 lvl 60 characters, each of different classes and the actual good gear I find which can be considered as upgrade I use on one of my characters (so no need to sell the good gear on the AH just because I can't use it on the character I found it with).
Of course I leveled those characters up in time because yes, it is time consuming.

And no, I would never use the RMAH to buy items, I work 9 hours/ day for the money, I would rather spend it on usefull REAL LIFE stuff...
Reply Quote
Because it's more efficient to work and get real money then change the money to gold.

Working for 1000 hours give u more gold than farming in game for 1000 hours.
Reply Quote
QQ Why do poeple complain about others buying gold gear, if you work to find all your own items then how the hell does the RMAH affect you? jealousy, envy, being poor, uneducated, perhaps these are some of the simple reasons why, because i cant fathom how if you play the game and only use what you drop, or what your friends face roll how the RMAH has affected you in such a way to whereas you must cry as much as some of you have
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
Some people make a lot of money in real life.
Personally, if I played ALL WEEK simply farming gold on my own versus working that entire week; It's more profitable in-game to simply BUY it having spent those hours earning real life money.

Of course, that's considering if I wanted a week off grinding or wasting a whole pay check on the game.

Alternatively, nothing bites the dust a little too hard than a 100m dollar item that's wicked-godly-awesome and you only have 99m in the bank.
Would you spend an entire DOLLAR or whatever the price is for a mere 1m?

This makes sense except for one thing. Arpgs exist on the loot hunt and the chance that something great might drop. The endgame of an Arpg is to gear your character up with better and better loot. If you buy the best gear then well... the game is basically over for you.
Reply Quote
Why? Cause i can. 2. 640 hours game time, 19mill cold picked up....................................................... Do the math.
Reply Quote
Cept for thew fact that i could prob start and get journeyman status in 2 trades in the same amount of time.
Reply Quote
Bill Gates would have a toon that had well over 2 million dps unbuffed.
Reply Quote
I bought gold to improve after taking a hiatus since June. I simply don't have as much time as others to grind gold/gear, and wanted to start working on Paragon level without feeling like I was being completely inefficient. I spent maybe 20 bucks and have been very happy with where I am now.
Reply Quote
My perspective...

First, let me say I have spent money on the RMAH. I have also put 500 hrs. plus on the game and will say that I still enjoy the game after taking some time away to play other things. I do have a full time job and I don't sit and play for 50 hrs. + a week. Buying those items made MY experience more enjoyable. I emphasize the word my because the majority of the people that I have played with in the past have moved on....

With that being said, this is a form of entertainment folks. I will occasionally spend a few dollars here and there to continue that entertainment. Other games have been doing this for years.....it's called (paid) DLC. I understand it isn't the same form however, it is what it is. I feel like it is no different than me quitting D3 and going out to buy another game that I drop $60 on. Right?

It's not like this wasn't made clear up front regarding the RMAH however, people still complaining months later seems....well, silly. Can 1 piece of gear make a huge difference in your D3 experience? Yes! How you obtain that gear is up to you, period.
Reply Quote
Because I can. I'm sorry you can't =(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]