Agreed, please follow these words of wisdom:
Do not fight players with massive equipment value discrepancies and expect to be on anywhere near an even playing field. Any class can beat, no, absolutely demolish any other class with the right equipment difference, period.
In my opinion massive ammount of life regen is the problem. If you would let it scale on equip like everything else do a 15 mil ehp barb like Iria would die, just alot slower then all other (at the expense of dps which is a fair trade off).
I wrote this in anothe thread and i stay by it.
Say 500 life reg on eq is 500 and after that it scales so that you roughly hit something like this:
Nah, this isn't the problem. My barb has 3738 life regen from Inspiring Presence but still gets demolished from very high dps attacks. You need to really pound my barb to kill him and weaker equipped players cannot do so. It is a question of equipment and the correct choice of skills. Trust me, I am very much killable, but very difficult to kill so even against high DPS players. Since most players who have the DPS equipment to kill me have to change gear and skills to do so (glass cannon style), I predict the meta-game will be as follows:
Tank > Balanced > Glass Cannon > Tank
Nah, all reflect damage skills are horridly weak since the damage gets doubly mitigated.
Example: DH hits me for 500k, I take 20k, I reflect 10k, he takes 1k.
op barbs are op:
3 braindead dhs don't even count as 1.
Against tank barbs you need:
- absolutely no friggin boar. It gives an easy target for LoH/life% attack skills/LS.
- no strafe. It does !@#$ty damage, only good for the tracking rockets against other dhs/wds without pets.
- no evasive fire, especially not covering fire when there are no dog wds/wizards in sight. Then think again and get imminent/volatile bola.
- no cluster, %^-*ty damage/hatred or you have sacrificed a passive slot that should've been a damage boost.
- impale chemical burn: the best damage/hatred rato possible, dot ignores dodge/block, if you have cold damage+black weapon it slows
- hungering arrow with either cinder or devouring. Dots are great in general, cinder is much better if you are usually stuck in bad terrain. Devouring is physical so it slows and additonal hits are much heavier even through block(maybe spray of teeth, still physical and doesn't care that much about pierce getting stuck ).
- stack damage passives, maybe add tactical advantage, thrill of the hunt or perfectionist if needed.
- special recipe ss, only needed against weapon throw stun if you do get hit.
I have mid range gear at best, and a 250K dps DH can reliably damage a ~15M ehp barb. 300K+ is where it starts to go at a reasonable pace. Thing is I suck and usually get caught after a minute when barb invariably gets below 20% and starts hiding behind the short walls at the SE corner. A nonretarded dh with the same setup should win 80%, more if he has legacy nats and can dodge hammers with ss left and right.
In general, the first rule: get cold damage and replace the manti. It's ugly anyway. Then the barb is forced to switch out a passive and active for unforgiving and marathon just to have a chance to get in range for any of his skills. That means squishier barb and less rends(+hammers if it's not at 0 fury). You can just pop vault/acrobatics every time sprint goes off to get some extra distance.
Something like this:
With legacy nat preparation can be switched to marked for death with mortal enemy/death toll.
Edited by Draba#2568 on 1/21/2013 1:33 AM PST
Haunt rapes Demon Hunters.
people don't even seem to agree on what class is most op...
why start nerfing?
if barb is op why not fight barb vs barb?(anyone can make a lvl 60 barb just need gear)
or without barbs
if witchdocters are op why not...
plz don't change anything just for pvp blizzard!
Edited by Buu#2303 on 1/26/2013 7:12 PM PST
Funny how everyone is op when it comes to the forum.
Do you guys even check profile of the Op? or his posts? before you talk smack?
To those of you bashing the op why not challenge him in ptr so that you will know what your talking about. lol
Edited by ThePwet#6321 on 1/27/2013 3:37 AM PST
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.