Diablo® III

Suggestion: Add Item Levels in Names of Loot.

When items drop from mobs, they should display the item level.
This is before you pick it up (it's on the ground).

Example:
Rune Sword
becomes
Lv:63 Rune Sword

People generally know what class the item is from it's name, but I for one don't care to memorize every Lv:63 Rare that I will pick up. My method is to hold CTRL over the item to check it's level.

I'm basically insisting that the process of killing mobs and picking up items can be made a bit faster and efficient for people interested.
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 10:01 PMPosted by Michael
People generally know what class the item is from it's name, but I for one don't care to memorize every Lv:63 Rare that I will pick up.

You will eventually.
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 10:24 PMPosted by Çarltonbanks
Maybe they should have just had more common item names from the get go to make it easier to memorize? EX: Archon Spear, Archon Hammer, etc... And the same for every tier. "Easier and more casual friendly" is in D3's design philosophy, would have made sense.

It makes sense but it will add to the blandness that already exists in itemization.

Anyways either this idea, or like having the item level to the right of the item name but smaller in size would be nice...

However it is also unnecessary since you can either learn the item types (not all since not all items are worth picking up) or just check later in your inventory.
Reply Quote
People generally know what class the item is from it's name, but I for one don't care to memorize every Lv:63 Rare that I will pick up.

You will eventually
Reply Quote
The problem for me is that when you have the items in the stash, it doesn't show the name of the item. So it makes it much more difficult to learn which items are the lvl 63.
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 10:01 PMPosted by Michael

Well then you better start doing it like the rest of us.
Reply Quote
I have to agree with the OP that they messed something up. Item on the ground reads 'cincture', item in inventory says 'level xx rare belt', once you identify it, only reads 'name of belt'

there is a huge lack of consistency and well, that's actually a design flaw and should never be done. I would have every item easily memorized if I could read what the item was for the 1 second while I identify it. Instead, I only have half memorized (if that).
Reply Quote
I would hope they can add this feature into AH. So you can search for item with its item level instead of the equip level they are currently using.

I wouldn't add more writing on the drop but I think you can use the "Crtl" key to look on the detail of the item dropped on the ground.
Reply Quote
In time most players learn what the names of weapons and gear is ilvl 63. So really this is not needed at all.
Reply Quote
I want to know # of sockets in names of loot.
Reply Quote
For those of you saying that the items we want to pick up will be learned by name in time, you are absolutely right. I'm just not going to study the list. I actually have it written down in front of me just so I can learn it faster, but the lack of frequency between actually finding these items and interacting with them on screen is so low, that it isn't enough for my average brain to retain!

I have to agree with the OP that they messed something up. Item on the ground reads 'cincture', item in inventory says 'level xx rare belt', once you identify it, only reads 'name of belt'

there is a huge lack of consistency and well, that's actually a design flaw and should never be done. I would have every item easily memorized if I could read what the item was for the 1 second while I identify it. Instead, I only have half memorized (if that).

This is true, and I agree with it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]