Diablo® III

Can we PLEASE have an offline mode now?

I am so sick of finding time in my day to play some D3, only to find that the servers are down for this reason or that. I don't really give a crap about online or multiplayer or anything else. I just want to play the damn game. Please, please PLEASE, for the love of god, give us an offline mode. What does it hurt?
Reply Quote
I really agree...
Reply Quote
lol
Reply Quote
No way to monitor what players are doing offline. Online only is currently Blizz's only way of keeping tabs on bots. While I do think they could institute a client side monitoring system that could relay the same information while a player is offline, the software would be costly and...well...they don't want to pay for it. You would still need to be online, but the game could be played regardless of D3 server status, only the monitoring system would need internet connection.
Reply Quote
What they should do is allow an offline mode sorta like hardcore where items are spec to that mode! there Prob solved:)
Reply Quote
Yes YES YES 100/100.
Reply Quote
42 Dwarf Hunter
I know, I don't get much time to play so weekends are my time. Tried to get on last night around 8:30, down for over 30 minutes. Tried to get today at lunch time, down for maintenance.

I've already cancelled a couple of my (and my families) WoW subscriptions because we don't have a lot of time to play multiplayer, and now even my former go-to single player game is not available.
Reply Quote
Not going to happen people. Stop making threads about stuff that isn't going to change. You don't know what you're asking for anyways.
Reply Quote
Agree about the offline mode, im from brazil i always get 250+ ping, but the real point is, WE PAID to play, so we should have the best of the game!
Reply Quote
42 Dwarf Hunter
01/06/2013 09:57 AMPosted by runit3
No way to monitor what players are doing offline. Online only is currently Blizz's only way of keeping tabs on bots. While I do think they could institute a client side monitoring system that could relay the same information while a player is offline, the software would be costly and...well...they don't want to pay for it. You would still need to be online, but the game could be played regardless of D3 server status, only the monitoring system would need internet connection.

Nobody cares about bots in single player, if people want to use them, they are only affecting themselves. They just need to keep tabs on the multiplayer side.

They just don't want to have to maintain/support 2 individual game modes IMO.
Reply Quote
01/06/2013 10:03 AMPosted by Giwisayinini

Nobody cares about bots in single player, if people want to use them, they are only affecting themselves. They just need to keep tabs on the multiplayer side.

They just don't want to have to maintain/support 2 individual game modes IMO.

They also don't want to give everyone the source code to the entire game so hackers can tare it a new one. This is what would happen if you make an offline mode, which isn't going to happen.
Reply Quote
42 Dwarf Hunter
They also don't want to give everyone the source code to the entire game so hackers can tare it a new one. This is what would happen if you make an offline mode, which isn't going to happen.

There are still ways regardless. People have created WoW servers and have them up and running, I'm sure it will happen in D3 at some point, if it hasn't already, oh wait...it has since 1.04 (maybe even earlier).
Edited by PitSpawn#1659 on 1/6/2013 10:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
42 Dwarf Hunter
LOL All these post and nobody hit the target.

D3 was a cesspool of dupes,hacks,exploits, and bots.

I agree....D3 is a cesspool of dupes, hacks and exploits and bots already ;-)
Reply Quote
This is like asking for an iPhone version...just sayin'...not going to happen. The development time would be staggering (for a game that isn't going to hit another sales peak).
Reply Quote
01/06/2013 10:08 AMPosted by Giwisayinini

There are still ways regardless. People have created WoW servers and have them up and running, I'm sure it will happen in D3 at some point, if it hasn't already, oh wait...it has since 1.04 (maybe even earlier).

I hope I don't get banned for mentioning it but yea. The game was cracked before the beta went open. The project is called mooegg and probably doesn't work very well anymore but it served its purpose and other cracks are now available.

Mooegg was like the gmod of diablo, you just had to pick a class, pick custom skills for the class from random other classes and then use spawn and 2 numbers which would be the monster and how many. It was a lot of fun since I wasn't invited to the real beta, but I got to test out a lvl 60 monk that could cast WoTB and meteor against multiple rare mobs in New Tristram lol. I had a diablo experience that was more like what people could expect from modding a D2 character to have skills from other classes.
Reply Quote
01/06/2013 09:57 AMPosted by runit3
Online only is currently Blizz's only way of keeping tabs on bots

Which they are failing at miserably.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]