Diablo® III

I supposedly got hacked..

Nothing was stolen, but my friends brought it to my attention that someone else was playing my character.. Im a dh main and I was supposedly on my barb sayin that my dh had gotten hacked. That person was also trying to run mp10 ubers which I would never do because my dh cant handle it. I have a keychain authenticator and run a virus scan daily. I dont do botting or gold farming. Im very cautious about my account security. I just find it weird that someone hacked into my account and didnt take anything or change my password.. That being said I changed my password to my account but Im not sure what else to do.. I cant get ahold of blizzard or battlenet and Im paranoid not only is my account compromised but my whole computer as well.
Edited by AngelD#1986 on 1/7/2013 9:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
AngelD,

There's no evidence of the game ever being used from anywhere other than your primary location. Your friends were likely mistaken or maybe someone else in your household was accessing the account? That would require the authenticator though. You'd want to keep it secure and not just by the computer if others might try playing your account.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]