Diablo® III

CM/WW(SNS) Gearing Guide

Good thread Aph, looking forward to the finished product :)

Aimless - while I acknowledge Zuni chest and pox with the set bonus is really awesome, if we are talking BiS then shouldnt it reflect the perfect CM wiz APS as well of 3.01? In that case, Tals chest is a must, unless you get the IAS Chants Will but then lose 100% CD. What do you think?

I'm biased towards defenses so if you want 3 still works with zuni set with double ias chants. That makes 3. and AR every slot and huge vit. Huge EHP. Both shand and darshu stay ~200K with double ias chants so it's not as big of a hit as one might think.
Reply Quote
I like how you listed everything in order of priority. Liked and sticky requested. :-)
Reply Quote
Aph, great job, kudos.

For weapon, CD>90% chant is also an option... and is usually much cheaper.

Yup your spot on, added it.
Reply Quote
Excellent thread! Quite worthwhile for those who have issues figuring out the gearing. Be prepared to be flexible and tweak things around if not you're going to break the bank. ^^
Reply Quote
Aph is 1 2 3 ranking or just listing?
Reply Quote
I did start to rank them but decided to leave them unranked. The guide is more about diff BIS options than 1 slot specific items. As you know the Slot in question might need specific stats to balance out the build. So saying a Zuni chest is #1BIS when the person in question might need the Tals Chest IAS to reach a breakpoint is why I left them unranked.

Also opens options for those not rolling 2-5billion budgets.
Edited by Aphraell#1269 on 1/10/2013 6:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
Great topic. :D

Hi to everyone!

I'm from Brasil. I've read every day much topics here about CM/WW and learn to much with posts of Shandlar, Aimless, Boozor, Aphrael and others....

Recently I upgraded my Vile Ward, wich could be checked in my profile.

My doubt is:

- My oldest shoulders had 127str > 220 int > 67 vit > 73ar > 607 armor

- In this new a i lost 1.6k dps, it was a good upgrade?

- Any sugestions to improve my wiz?

ps. Sorry for my bad english

You didnt write down stats of your old shoulders to compare(Ones you listed are the ones you are wearing). But these new ones do look good.

All of your gear is nice, but now you face the problem that we all come across to improve now. All upgrades are minor and will cost alot. You're spot on with your AS.

-Nat boots with 175+ Dex
-Lacunis with AR +Armor
-Amulet with more dps
-Nats ring with more CC and maybe Int,CD
-Tweak each item slot with higher CC,Ar and stats.

If you have billions of gold:
DPS Amulet with 500+ LOH letting you drop SC for a CC Mempo but also requiring a new 10 Apoc Force.
Reply Quote
I think you could rearrange it to put the choices in logical order for gearing instead of a head to toe.

1.Wand IAS/OSCD
2.Helm/Source SC / Mempo / Rare which would pick the source
3.Ammy Pants which would pick the Loh
4.Ring/Boots and the LOH and the Nat set/Zuni come in
5.Armor Gloves Bracer IAS EHP or CC top ups
6.Belt Shoulders No Choice

Well technically you could put Belt Shoulders first, there is no choice right now.
Reply Quote
(...)

You didnt write down stats of your old shoulders to compare(Ones you listed are the ones you are wearing). But these new ones do look good.

All of your gear is nice, but now you face the problem that we all come across to improve now. All upgrades are minor and will cost alot. You're spot on with your AS.

-Nat boots with 175+ Dex
-Lacunis with AR +Armor
-Amulet with more dps
-Nats ring with more CC and maybe Int,CD
-Tweak each item slot with higher CC,Ar and stats.

If you have billions of gold:
DPS Amulet with 500+ LOH letting you drop SC for a CC Mempo but also requiring a new 10 Apoc Force.

Thanks for reply.

Sorry! The shoulders was in my stash, i changed yesterday to do some tests.

The stats are:

64 str
196 int
57 vit
10% life
632 armor

True! I'm looking for some upgrades to my gear but all costs a lot for a minor improvement.

No, i don't have a billions hahaha!

1) Nat bots with more DEX worth to improve my EHP?

2) I'm looking for a nat's ring. Worth change mine to one with AR+ int but no CC?

I thought about to change SC for Mempo, but not only mempo and force had to be changed. I need more LoH on other pieces and don't have money to take a good mempo and apoc force, so i have to live with SC for now.
Edited by onurb666#1880 on 1/11/2013 3:30 AM PST
Reply Quote

1) Nat boots with more DEX worthwhile to improve my EHP?

2) I'm looking for a nat's ring. Worth change mine to one with AR+ int but no CC?

1: Really unsure if Dodge effects EHP calculators. It should. But anyway yea SO many wizards undervalue dodge. Every attack can be dodged, not just melee. IF you can upgrade reasonably cheap - do it.

2: I'm not a huge advocate of ever dropping CC for a Cm Wiz. But you already have decent CC and only losing 3 isnt a huge issue. Try get a AR/CD Nats ring. Will up your dps in the process. If you cant find one then def get a AR/Int version.

Don't under value your StormCrow. Its an aweseme helm and I still use mine occasionally.

Edit: Your old shoulders were still very good. If not possibly better.
Edited by Aphraell#1269 on 1/11/2013 3:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
(...)

Thanks again.

One last question.

I have 680~720 average All Resists without any buff. Is it good or do you think that i have to improve this?
Reply Quote
Thanks alot , Aphraell ! i wasted tons of gold to find Right gear , your guild will help all CM wiz

to stay in the right path .... Except Aimless , his job is always find a new path for wiz world ...
Reply Quote
I have 680~720 average All Resists without any buff. Is it good or do you think that i have to improve this? #31
10 hours ago
Like DislikeTrollingSpamReportYou have already rated this item.

You have good AR, but as most will say "When is it enough?" If your dying get more :). To me 850Ar and 5000Armor are good end game goals to achieve.

Thanks alot , Aphraell ! i wasted tons of gold to find Right gear , your guild will help all CM wiz

to stay in the right path .... Except Aimless , his job is always find a new path for wiz world ...

Cheers
Reply Quote
will look like 1.07 may adds some new BiS gear for us ......
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
So I'm trying to find just the right gear for my budget on my CM Wiz. I played back when D3 first came out as a wiz, made it to inferno but just hit that ridiculous wall there was at the time and quit. Now I'm back, using a barb to gold/item farm, and playing my wiz in group play with friends.

So now my question to you, Aphraell, at just a quick glance at my profile [http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Pfchang-1844/hero/8865846] what pieces should I IMMEDIATELY upgrade?

My gear right now is pretty poop, I just threw together some gear for a few mil and grabbed some pieces off of friends they had found just to see how the CM play was. Managed to do up to mp7 with this set, but one wrong move or one bad champ pack and I'm toast (little life, not much AR).

Pretend you have a hypothetical budget of 1bil, and I'm willing to do the farming to get the craftable pieces coming up in 1.0.7.

• What pieces that I have are *okay* for now?
  • What needs immediately replaced?
  • What kind of stats am I looking to reach with 1bil?
  • Are you willing to help me camp the right pieces at the right price? For a fee of course?
  • Edited by Pfchang#1844 on 1/12/2013 7:07 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    01/12/2013 07:07 PMPosted by Pfchang
    Are you willing to help me camp the right pieces at the right price? For a fee of course?

This is Aimless territory, but I can help for free. Add me in game

You need AR and LOH....
    Edited by Aphraell#1269 on 1/12/2013 7:18 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    85 Gnome Rogue
    Thanks for the help, just did a relatively comfortable mp10 key run with a buddy :p only died to those !@#$ing trees.
    Reply Quote
    Bump
    Reply Quote
    Bump, so we less gearing posts and more interesting ones

Logical order for gearing

1.Wand IAS/OSCD
    2.Helm/Source SC / Mempo / Rare which would pick the source
    3.Ammy Pants which would pick the Loh
    4.Ring/Boots and the LOH and the Nat set/Zuni come in
    5.Armor Gloves Bracer IAS EHP or CC top ups
    6.Belt Shoulders No Choice
    Reply Quote
    great thread

I was wondering if you you suggest me a complete gear set that i could use as a basis for my wiz on what to buy. like gear names and what specific attributes to look for. already red the topics here and still I cant decide what to mix and match so im better off seeking suggestions from an expereince wiz user like you. planning to hit 200k++ dps if i can. budget is 200mil

thanks and thumbs up to the thread starter
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]