Diablo® III

CM/WW(SNS) Gearing Guide

Great thread and thanks to the TS. This thread will help a lot of Wizard players.

I've found my Wiz coming to the end of upgrade of my current gears, if I want to upgrade it further, the single piece will cost hundreds of gold but I don't satisfy with my current DPS and have no idea how to improve it much further. It is very hard at this point for me to upgrade the DPS total any further unless I try to reconstruct all of my current gears. Refresh and start it from the new.

I know the good setup of gears and according to me is as follow :
- Mempo of twilight
- Zuni chest and pox
- Nat boots and reflection
- Chantodo force and will
- BT pants and cross ammy
- Tasker and Theo
- Vile ward
- The witching hour
- Lacuni prowlers

But I cannot redo all of my current gears anymore or should I? It will be too insane I think :). So any of you will help me to boost my DPS to the max without losing a lot of gold? Now, I have like 200M. What should I replace? Any idea with my gold now, how much further of DPS could I get at the end?

Thank you very much.
Reply Quote

I know the good setup of gears and according to me is as follow :

Shandlar

But I cannot redo all of my current gears anymore or should I? It will be too insane I think :). So any of you will help me to boost my DPS to the max without losing a lot of gold? Now, I have like 200M. What should I replace? Any idea with my gold now, how much further of DPS could I get at the end?

Thank you very much.

Because you finally reach 2.73, you can safely use non-APoC Force, so try to search for a high dmg 250+ Intel Force, it will boost your DPS significantly. Also you should use 200+ Intel VW, not that expensive if you search for deals. Let's say 100M for Force and 50M for VW, you probably will have like +10k DPS with them, not bad I think.
Reply Quote
switch your source to a much higher dmg non-apoc, change your Glory downfall to a nats with AR and ice climbers to Nats.

Zuni isnt really that great, it has the same number of roll as tal rasha and only worth it if you get a 'good' tri pox.

Prowlers that dont cost 700m+ are usually not better then rare bracers.

Cross ammy is nothing special as it is 5 roll and the 6th is 100 vit

There is nothing wrong with stormcrow =)

You need a 6 full roll taskers for it to be good because you get a free socket.
Reply Quote
switch your source to a much higher dmg non-apoc, change your Glory downfall to a nats with AR and ice climbers to Nats.

Zuni isnt really that great, it has the same number of roll as tal rasha and only worth it if you get a 'good' tri pox.

Prowlers that dont cost 700m+ are usually not better then rare bracers.

Cross ammy is nothing special as it is 5 roll and the 6th is 100 vit

There is nothing wrong with stormcrow =)

You need a 6 full roll taskers for it to be good because you get a free socket.

Right non-APoC source. But why nats, he will lose a lot of DPS, and what gain? He already has 49.5 CC, so all Nats can do is adding a bit of CC, when taking out like 200 Intel. Not worth it at all. Nats is not suitable for everyone.

Zuni is great if you can mitigate IAS elsewhere (very hard though), the +130 Intel set bonus is like 6k-8k DPS already, and also the guarantee high AR from both pieces.

We use lacunis for its IAS attribute, if not then I think the majority of players will use Rare. Using Lacunis helps you to get more gearing options. And AR/Armor Lacunis, which many high end Wiz use, are quite good on its own, and cost like 200M, not 700M.

I agree that Rare can match Cross quality, but that Rare doesn't exist on the AH, and if it does, it will cost just as much as a TriCross, so Cross is BiS just because of its availability. Just for those who need Vit btw.

Yeah SC is good on its own, there is nothing wrong with it lol

Actually I also believe that T&T is not really necessary, but just like Cross, it offers so many stats in one package that there is almost no Rare can match its level.
Edited by novice#1750 on 1/24/2013 8:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
Thank you so much for the replies.

Ok, I think it is a good idea to swap that non-APoC Source with high INT to boost the DPS further and Vile Ward idea is also good.

In the end, how to make my DPS to nearly reach 200K so that I can farm MP10 easily? :)
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 08:24 AMPosted by novice
Cross is BiS just because of its availability

Thats how you define BIS?
Cross is a 5 roll with 6th roll 100 vit. Tri coss can neither roll AR nor main stat nor armor, the other 3 relevant stats and neither of them unique in nature like TR % dmg which is irreplaceble.

best u get ias/cc/cd/%life/loh 5 rolls + 100 vit

And AR/Armor Lacunis, which many high end Wiz use, are quite good on its own, and cost like 200M, not 700M

only 1 page of ar/armor and none appealing =)

But why nats, he will lose a lot of DPS, and what gain? He already has 49.5 CC, so all Nats can do is adding a bit of CC, when taking out like 200 Intel.

You consider nats with the bracer since you want to maintain 12%MS

rare+nats ring+ nats boots
vs
lacuni+rare ring + climbers

keeping lacunis does the same thing as ice climber, 150-200 intel difference
then again, its an OS wand gearing so ias is at a premium. No mempo= must use lacunis since you need 8 ias pieces for 66% min for 2.74

2ring+1ammy
1armor
1belt
1glove
1source
1 bracer or helm
Reply Quote
Bump, so we less gearing posts and more interesting ones

Logical order for gearing
1.Wand IAS/OSCD
2.Helm/Source SC / Mempo / Rare which would pick the source
3.Ammy Pants which would pick the Loh
4.Ring/Boots and the LOH and the Nat set/Zuni come in
5.Armor Gloves Bracer IAS EHP or CC top ups
6.Belt Shoulders No Choice

Added to Main Post
Reply Quote
I was going to suggest you re-arrange the main post hehe
Reply Quote
What are the minimum target stats you'd want to be successful?
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 11:45 PMPosted by Magisterial
What are the minimum target stats you'd want to be successful?

For ShockNaDoShards build and I believe as for other CM/WW build too is as follow :

Mid Level
Attack Speed: 2.73
Crit Chance: 45-50
Armor: 4,500
All resist: 600
Hit points: 30,000
DPS: 75-100K
Suggested MP: 5-7
LoH: 800 to 1,200 for 100,000 DPS
18-20 APOC
Gear cost: around 100M
Note: This is a very good place to get to; however, one tends to push the limits of the build by doing higher MP's without proper mitigation (more All Resist and Armor). Extra LoH tends to help survivability (while you look for gear upgrades, of course!)

You can read the full tutorial on how to get to that point on the link below :
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7200301791
Reply Quote
still applies in 1.07 =) more reading less boring gear post pls
Edited by Comrade#6924 on 2/16/2013 1:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
Another option to gear more effectively, faster and easier:

Get 250-300k unbuffed dps!
700 AR 4000 armor, 20 APoC, 2,73 aps
0 LoH, yes ditch all your LoH lol

use Blood Magic

You can kill much faster than standard setup while maintaining survivability!

Tested in MP10, in fact, using Glass Cannon will improve your survivability, i think this is how wiz meant to be played... more dps, more life leech :D
Edited by Fatamorgana#6950 on 2/16/2013 7:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
^^^Fatamorgana your wand is INSANE!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
we need to get this updated =)

bump
Reply Quote
View profile
Another option to gear more effectively, faster and easier:

Get 250-300k unbuffed dps!
700 AR 4000 armor, 20 APoC, 2,73 aps
0 LoH, yes ditch all your LoH lol

use Blood Magic

You can kill much faster than standard setup while maintaining survivability!

Tested in MP10, in fact, using Glass Cannon will improve your survivability, i think this is how wiz meant to be played... more dps, more life leech :D

Completely disagree and not using wormhole even 200K sns will farm faster e's and w'e per hr than what u suggest. electrify meteors are nice and all but suffers positional disparity and travel time disparity vs. traditional sns worm holer pack to pack. Test yourself. Honestly farm as fast as you can wormholeing pack to pack dragging whites along for ride. vs any build that loses wormhole. You'll be shocked. hehe

And if you die oh with gc and no escape builds man that sucks. walking back with nothing to proc off.. might as well scrap those runs.
Reply Quote
Hi guys,

I'm looking to push my att speed past the 2.51 break point but i don't know how to go about doing it without losing too much mitigation when i'm on a budget (only have ~300m).

Any suggestions?

Not really an SNS because I can't survive elites without energy armor on mp9.
Reply Quote
View profile
Grats on that gloves craft! Well, prolly try to replace your hellfire ring to add some AS.
Reply Quote
Any advice for me, just coming back into the game and I found a CM spec I really like to use. I hear so much conflicting advice on gear and I'd like to see what I can do to improve. I know my gear is pretty bad and I've got some work to do, but saving all that gold is time consuming and I can't afford to buy gold on the AH
Reply Quote
09/21/2013 08:09 PMPosted by Eskar210
Any advice for me, just coming back into the game and I found a CM spec I really like to use. I hear so much conflicting advice on gear and I'd like to see what I can do to improve. I know my gear is pretty bad and I've got some work to do, but saving all that gold is time consuming and I can't afford to buy gold on the AH

Depends on what you want to do. If you are going Ubers you'll need different gear IMO than if going for paragon leveling. If just paragon leveling/farming then probably 2.51 breakpoint is ok. Sub in some CD and straight damage in place of some of the IAS. Keep LoH around 8-900. CC at least 45. Armor at 5000ish. Health 40-50k. And 800ish AR. Try to get the dps to at least 175k mark. You can rip through MP10 trash and most elites at that level. Adjust your MP level accordingly till you can acquire the gear to reach that point.

Main thing is get CC >45 and APS to at least 2.51. Then you can tweak other stuff to get to the higher MPs. Got to freeze em, reset cooldowns, and regenerate mana before you can move on from there.

Even at lower DPS <150k the multipliers of the build will still take stuff down pretty fast. Wiz isn't cheap to gear, but you still get a lot of bang for the buck in terms of what you can do when you hit the right balance of stats.
Reply Quote
A fair few necros coming up recently...

Here is the most recent and updated version of the CM/WW build... ShockNadoShards (SNS) which uses Shocking Aspect. Wicked Wind and Diamond Shards. That should give you everything you need to know.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8728753771

If you're really low on funds, check out my budget gearing guide. Hitting the break points is really what you need to do before looking for DPS all whilst raising your EHP as much as you can.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9628662863
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]