Diablo® III

MBP with 4GB of RAM Question.

I have a MBP 13-inch with 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4GB of RAM with Mountain Lion. I run Diablo 3 for a couple months and it worked great then I upgraded to 8GB a few weeks later and ran Diablo 3 and it kept on jamming on me. I went back to 4GB and Diablo 3 went back to normal. Now I'm thinking it was just a crappy company that made the RAM, I'm thinking of buying it directly from the apple store, so I know its going to be good quality, now since they don't do returns on open memory I want to get all my T's crossed and I's dotted before I do anything. Now on to my question, I know this is probably a stupid question but meh gotta learn some how. Is there "too" much RAM for playing Diablo 3?
Reply Quote
Not to my knowledge. I have had 8GB of ram far prior to playing D3, and I have never had a problem with it. If you are worried about bad or defective ram, best thing you can do is run an Apple Hardware Test. It should be on the install disks that came with your computer. Put in the install disk then reboot. Before the screen turns grey, hold down "D" and you should enter the hardware test. Perform a quick test then an extended test. If it reports no errors, then your ram is probably OK.
Reply Quote
Did the ram show up in your "About this mac" window? You may have installed it incorrectly. You shouldn't have a problem with more ram. I am running 16gb of ram and it runs like a charm.
Reply Quote
I know it's a bit late, but it might be worth testing your RAM. Here's a guide from Mac Rumours:
http://guides.macrumors.com/Testing_RAM
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]