Diablo® III

patch 1.07 Preview - wd sad

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8414560/

well Im still hoping for some mana buffs in the detailed patch notes but looks like they decided to buff the strongest class instead of the weakest class lol
Edited by ChuckNorris#1885 on 1/11/2013 10:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/11/2013 09:43 PMPosted by ChuckNorris
well Im still hoping for some mana buffs in the detailed patch notes but looks like the decided to buff the strongest class instead of the weakest class lol

+1

I think they're buffing sweeping wind damage equal to the square of the users' mp level.
Edited by SilentMike69#1275 on 1/11/2013 9:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
No fix for WoS targeting?
Pile on not zero CD by default?
Cost of other Zombie Charger attacks not set to 1/3rd bears? (They do about 1/3rd the damage)
Fix pet force armor to work as written, or they change the description? (damage doesn't actually get capped... it's complicated)
Mana regen issues?
Wizard still allowed to have zero CD at all times?
etc etc
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Yup this was supposed to be a patch to bring witch doctors up to the overpowered level of CM and WW barbs instead of being the least represented class in the game. Just kidding maybe next year 2014. And now they are buffing MP to give more exp and have more reason to do higher but guess where Witch Doctors do worse than other classes...higher MP. Waiting for Witch Doctors to not suck since this game released.
Reply Quote
Just be thankful they havent said anything about nerfing WD proc coeffs.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Mana regen issues?

FIX PLEASE!!!!!@#!@#!@#!@$!@%!%!@$!@#
Reply Quote
just watch WD > them in pvp
Reply Quote
01/11/2013 10:00 PMPosted by SweetLove
just watch WD > them in pvp

PVP dueling in this patch has no benefits and they get a sneak peak at how powerful a WD could be in PvP without any changes.

We can sandbag all we want, but some loud idiot will get pwnd by toad of hugeness, mass confusion, horrify, hex, etc, and cry about it until they 'fix' the WD.
Edited by MCP#1477 on 1/11/2013 10:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
dueling of course is more important than other classes being able to right click their way through mp10.
Reply Quote
No fix for WoS targeting?
Pile on not zero CD by default?
Cost of other Zombie Charger attacks not set to 1/3rd bears? (They do about 1/3rd the damage)
Fix pet force armor to work as written, or they change the description? (damage doesn't actually get capped... it's complicated)
Mana regen issues?
Wizard still allowed to have zero CD at all times?
etc etc

This.

I am highly disappointed with the patch notes. The WD resource scales poorly with increased attack speed and with the monster power system.

Why are they buffing Wizard? CM wiz dominates higher monster power. Monk? Tempest rush is the new ww barb for experience/gear farming. And the cyclone build is as good as ever. I suppose it's good for build variety I suppose, but to completely ignore the WD is pretty lame. What's the point of having all these great skills and viable builds if the class lacks a clear synergy between gear, passives and resource (like the other classes).
Reply Quote
the "nice" thing is all the changes work to compound the problems facing wd right now.

new gem to be on pare with 100crit dmg is a attack speed gem. amazing for every one except wd.

new benefits for higher mp. hardest for wd with its mana problems.
Edited by ChuckNorris#1885 on 1/12/2013 12:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
"Just be thankful they havent said anything about nerfing WD proc coeffs"

LOL they nerfed all but two skills for proc coeffs in 1.04, then they nerfed all procs in general in 1.05... What's left to nerf?

To be fair apart from the exploit (which it seems Blizz has yet to adress) monks are far from the strongest class... I am glad my fisty brothers are getting a break. As to wizards it looks like they will get more diversity which is good, but i dont read that there strongest builds are getting any stronger...
Reply Quote
what you guys don't all want to swap out your CD gems for AS gems?! LOL

I'm looking forward to updated notes on a Wiz & Monk changes. If they leave WD alone for this patch that's ok with me. I've got a few things I'd like to try out as is..but I'm pretty postive as with before. PTR will reveal some things that will result in "balancing"
Reply Quote
it didn't necessarily say that the red gem would be increasing IAS. It said to those who favor IAS over Critical Hit Chance. Green gems don't increase CC (which is what they used in the preview), so why should the red gems increase IAS all of the sudden? It will probably increase damage like rubies always have. Furthermore, It didn't say Rubies would become better than green gems, just that they would be a viable alternative.

Calm down shhh, shhh, shhhhhhh. It's gunna be alright.
Edited by november1093#1906 on 1/12/2013 12:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 12:53 AMPosted by november1093
it didn't necessarily say that the red gem would be increasing IAS. It said to those who favor IAS over Critical Hit Chance.

you could be right about that, might have read it wrong
Edited by ChuckNorris#1885 on 1/12/2013 8:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
On the bright side:

-Humongoid crits vs. reflect damage will no longer proc Spirit Vessel

-Slightly more pickup radius for the class that uses it the most
Reply Quote
Sad WD is still sad. :(

I love the WD. Most interesting class, by far. And yet, we get the shaft constantly. *le sigh*
Reply Quote
ok people are gonna hate me but they nerfed RD way to much... removing reflect from pet damage is great... but an on off shield they should have just reduced the dmg output by 50%in that case... now all the GCs will never learn!!
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 11:46 AMPosted by Danevil
ok people are gonna hate me but they nerfed RD way to much... removing reflect from pet damage is great... but an on off shield they should have just reduced the dmg output by 50%in that case... now all the GCs will never learn!!

I disagree. I have made farming builds that face rolled reflect however after I grew tired of farming and went to explore new unique builds reflect dmg was always a road block that killed creativity in gearing and skills and could only be dealt with a ls wep (which greatly reduced gearing choices) or a large amount of loh and one of two specific skills. reflect is one of the greatest killers of true build diversity and gearing choice. the fact that wd can only roll ls on a single slot compounds this limiting factor.
Edited by ChuckNorris#1885 on 1/12/2013 11:57 AM PST
Reply Quote

I disagree. I have made farming builds that face rolled reflect however after I grew tired of farming and went to explore new unique builds reflect dmg was always a road block that killed creativity in gearing and skills and could only be dealt with a ls wep (which greatly reduced gearing choices) or a large amount of loh and one of two specific skills. reflect is one of the greatest killers of true build diversity and gearing choice. the fact that wd can only roll ls on a single slot compounds this limiting factor.

i dont know I use this build up to mp 6-7 (for over 5 i just change hex for aspect) and sure reflects was insane (especially horde) but managable... and IMO was the best way to test how balanced ones def/off was ....now just seems like it will be to easy just dont attack when reflecting!!!as for LS i survive without it so many other ways to get regen!!!
Edited by Danevil#1608 on 1/12/2013 12:20 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]