Diablo® III

patch 1.07 Preview - wd sad

Was really hoping to see some buffs to fetishes, e.g. dagger fetishes deal 100% weapon damage, hunters deal 80%, and shaman deal 120% as fire. I was really hoping to see some variety in the types of fetishes the passive summons as well.

I also really wanted to see soul harvest changed to reflect the strength of the soul harvested. For example, white enemies give 1 stack (as it functions now), 1 minion harvested gives two, elites give 3, and bosses give a full 5 stacks. The mana return and life return should scale with the strength of the soul harvested as well.

I really wanted to see grave injustice changed a little as well. I was hoping to see a cool down affix added for health globes as well, e.g. globes dropped by white enemies reduce CDs by 2 seconds, globes from minions reduce CDs by 4 seconds, globes from elites by 7 seconds, and globes from bosses by 10 seconds. This would make the skill somewhat useful in all encounters.
Reply Quote
honestly all that i care about is the pets will no longer transfer reflected damage to the player but WD could use some buffs in the near future. Also im diggin' the built in pickup radius thing. I use a thing of the deep and 20 yards is enough but I'll take more if they wanna give it. Plus it may make me get my skorn back out and use grave injustice with it. As long as WD receives no more nerfs im content.

Also the other day i came up with a replacement rune idea for gargantuan wrathful protector rune. I hate it for the short life span of the garg that it summons so id like to see either of these 2 ideas.

1. Summons a garg that explodes when its killed to deal a bunch of aoe damage as poison and have a short linger effect.

2. Summons 2 garg's that each deal 50% weap dmg. When one dies the other enrages the same as it does in restless giant but instead of it having an enrage timer there would be a dmg over time on the garg and would eventually die instead of un-enraging, but he'd take no dmg from monster attacks just from the "broken heart" effect of the other garg dieing. The timer would be as long as you can keep your garg alive. Call it like blood brothers or something.

also itd be cool if they made a sacrifice rune that would include the garg

@ OverKill: The CD thing you mentioned above is interesting but i think a reduction as high as 7 sec. per globe off an elite would be a lil bit too much imo but 1 or 2 sec. would be nice. BTW gruesome feast is epic overkill in whimsyshire. Sooooo many health cupcakes drop there.
Reply Quote
View profile

I also really wanted to see soul harvest changed to reflect the strength of the soul harvested. For example, white enemies give 1 stack (as it functions now), 1 minion harvested gives two, elites give 3, and bosses give a full 5 stacks. The mana return and life return should scale with the strength of the soul harvested as well.

I really wanted to see grave injustice changed a little as well. I was hoping to see a cool down affix added for health globes as well, e.g. globes dropped by white enemies reduce CDs by 2 seconds, globes from minions reduce CDs by 4 seconds, globes from elites by 7 seconds, and globes from bosses by 10 seconds. This would make the skill somewhat useful in all encounters.

cool suggestions I like them. something really needs to be done to adjust wd play style to high mp and pvp.
Edited by ChuckNorris#1885 on 1/12/2013 12:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 12:45 PMPosted by ChuckNorris
cool suggestions I like them. something really needs to be done to adjust wd play style to high mp and pvp.

Thanks. I think the biggest thing is fetishes though. If I have to wait 120 seconds to cast fetish army, it better be as devastating as archon.

01/12/2013 12:20 PMPosted by OverKill
Was really hoping to see some buffs to fetishes, e.g. dagger fetishes deal 100% weapon damage, hunters deal 80%, and shaman deal 120% as fire. I was really hoping to see some variety in the types of fetishes the passive summons as well.
Edited by OverKill#1223 on 1/12/2013 12:52 PM PST
Reply Quote

I love these ideeas. And lets not forget Fierce Loyality passive. Thorns are useless atm, I saw Blizz intending to change that but very sadly the patch preview sayd nothing about that...
Edited by XainDSleena#2143 on 1/12/2013 1:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 11:46 AMPosted by Danevil
ok people are gonna hate me but they nerfed RD way to much... removing reflect from pet damage is great... but an on off shield they should have just reduced the dmg output by 50%in that case... now all the GCs will never learn!!

why do the GC's need to learn? This game is about wrecking stuff and doing it fast. Not stacking defensive stats and doing things slow. I'm was ok with reflect before but GLAD to see the change. To much value is put into LS/LOH to the point where if you don't have it you are SOL. Affixes should give people the option between behaviorally change OR gearing change not force everybody to gear up the same way.
Reply Quote
Also.. as far as changes for the patch. It's not over yet we saw the good majority of our changes come during the course of PTR last time around.
Reply Quote
Alright. Us WDs still have our weaknesses. But on the whole, they are some pretty nice patch notes.
Reply Quote
Not only Wiz other DH and WD range skill still need to improve damage too. When compare with melee class build(In clude zombie bear WD) I feel not fair when melee class like barb, monk that have same DPS can kill 100% faster than of my range WD and wiz for example If I use 2min to kill elite pack Melee class just finish them in 1min not fair at all. It's ok for melee class to kill a bit faster than range class because they have more risk inclose combat maybe just lets melee class kill 25-30% faster that enough.
Reply Quote
@ OverKill: The CD thing you mentioned above is interesting but i think a reduction as high as 7 sec. per globe off an elite would be a lil bit too much imo but 1 or 2 sec. would be nice. BTW gruesome feast is epic overkill in whimsyshire. Sooooo many health cupcakes drop there.

I just want to see the WDs skills made useful in any situation. Right now grave injustice loses 90% of its effectiveness in elite encounters and is completely useless in boss fights. That's not cool and its really not fun. We are the only class that has so many skills that are great for mobbing but damn near useless in other situations e.g. soul harvest, gruesome feast, hex, grave injustice etc....
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 08:54 PMPosted by Brahm
Also.. as far as changes for the patch. It's not over yet we saw the good majority of our changes come during the course of PTR last time around.

i am sick of hope...
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 08:07 AMPosted by SayGa
i am sick of hope...

Hope is a powerful thing.... and a profitable thing.
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 11:16 PMPosted by OverKill

I just want to see the WDs skills made useful in any situation. Right now grave injustice loses 90% of its effectiveness in elite encounters and is completely useless in boss fights. That's not cool and its really not fun. We are the only class that has so many skills that are great for mobbing but damn near useless in other situations e.g. soul harvest, gruesome feast, hex, grave injustice etc....

yes GF, and GI, especially together, are dependent on kill speed which does make them a bad choice for high mp's but i think what would greatly help GF is if they increased the amount of time the buff lasts and/or increase the drop rate for health globes in higher mps. Or even increase the proc rate greatly for the WD skills that give a chance for an enemy to drop a health globe or a dog to drop one when they die (final gift i think is the dog one and death is life for grasp of the dead). still tho all the ideas we've come up with in this thread are better than how the skills currently are IMO lol
Edited by rosshilge#1480 on 1/13/2013 1:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
Nobody can understand these people, they buff the strongest class in the game at the moments (the Monk) and they do not fix "one for everything" as they were talking about before 4 months
Reply Quote
I also have no LS, and have had very little problem with reflect.... my personal weakness has got to be FIRE CHAINS..... and though the buff doesn't have enough duration for the boost, I've found gruesome Feast's 10% mana per globe to be enough with VQ to spam 10-12 Acid clouds before I have to start worrying about my mana pool, and with 5 soul harvest and 3-5 feasts my base is over 90k crit for about 200k so most stuff wont live past 3-5 clouds....
Reply Quote
Ah, if you wanna be the underdog class you've gotta be ok with never being in the spotlight. You can't have the best of both worlds! That said, there are some skills/mechanics needing fixing, to be sure.
Reply Quote
A couple changes to pets would be nice:

-Fix bugs with force armor: dogs still can be 1-shot by Fallen Maniacs, Mallet Lords, etc

-Give force armor to fetishes

-Remove Fierce Loyalty and make its effects passive for all class pets (WD and others)
Reply Quote
01/11/2013 09:49 PMPosted by MCP
No fix for WoS targeting?

!@#$ son, what are you doin? Don't say anything!

I would rather have the weird targeting with all projectiles hitting my target, than blizz "fixing" it, making the projectiles hit the ground

EDIT: Honestly, I think WoS should be baseline among all SB runes.
Edited by Menty#2753 on 1/14/2013 11:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
I think they went a little too far with RD. It was really the only affix that presented a challenge on anything but the highest MP levels. I was hoping they would just fix the minion/health link/pet reflect bugs and leave it as is. The only thing that will kill me now is the occasional molten frozen arcane vortex pack.

My suggestion for a buff would be to make VQ regen mana for every successful hit with a primary (maybe 10 mana for every hit on top of the extra 30%). This way it would scale with attack speed and give us a viable way to use IAS gear at high MP levels. I also think the mana regen on SA should be massively buffed. 1% of your max mana is weak sauce. Should be at least 3%.
Edited by MikeHoncho#1169 on 1/14/2013 11:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
to be honest , no point complaining . winners don't whine , they find solutions .. and since we are the under dog , we just have to suck it up , take it in and just fart at all the rest during pvp xD
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]