Diablo® III

I completely disagree with the following Blizzard quote

"People often ask what the intention of Monster Power is. Am I supposed to just turn the Monster Power up as high as I can until I die? No, not really. Just because you’re able to beat something doesn’t mean that it’s optimal. In fact, we think there’s a real risk that if the most efficient path for XP or item farming involves playing on the highest Monster Power setting available regardless of the gameplay experience, then the game might actually become a lot less fun for a lot of people."

>>The entire point of MP should be to do exactly what is stated above. Do you die? No? Do you kill fast? Yes? Then go to a higher MP, where the rewards SHOULD be better.<<

Who are these players who will have a lot less fun? Isn't the idea to progress and get better? What's the point if higher MPs don't without a doubt give you better rewards?

These GOOD players playing MP1 because it's supposedly the most efficient, I mean if that's not a broken game mechanic, I don't know what is.

It's almost like they're saying that players who have 100 hours should be able to be rewarded just as much as players with 1000 hours, which is insanely wrong.

If anything, going slow on MP10 should be more rewarding than going fast on MP0. How it should be though, and how I play, is to choose somewhere in between fast/easy and hard/slow. I do MP6, because while I can do MP7, it's too big a step both in speed and survival to be worth it.

I just want this whole MP0-1 speed build crap to end, which it should with this patch.
Edited by PackersFTW#1402 on 1/12/2013 11:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
They should have left the experience untouched, maybe a slight buff if anything. I'm 2 bars from 99 right now (and will easily be 100 by the time the patch comes out), so there will still be no reward for higher MPs (aside of the infernal machine event, so nothing has changed there). I'll still be doing my same speed farms on MP3 as I always do.

Pretty much, with this patch, it's going to do the exact opposite of what they're trying to accomplish. This will get players to plvl 100 much faster, and once they hit that, guess what, back to low MPs for speed farming.

They really should have buffed the MF/GF bonus with maybe a 10-20% increase in exp. That would have given plvl 100 players a reason to continue with the higher, more challenging MPs.
Edited by Saints311#1704 on 1/12/2013 12:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
this is a game you are playing for fun,
thinking how to do things "efficient" like you where at work?
you are doing it wrong son
Reply Quote
Of course, the various Monster Power levels have to be designed around a certain barrier of entry DPS level, and balanced accordingly. You can't have someone with MP 1 level DPS go into MP 10 and get the same efficiency as someone with MP 10 level DPS.
Reply Quote
Kinda irrelevant since they're addressing that exact issue by massively buffing the monster power XP.
Reply Quote

Finding equipment/legendaries is fun, therefore I will do so as efficiently as possible... Son.
Reply Quote
are playing for fun,
thinking how to do things

Theres a ah/rmah on here son, i'd be damned if i didn't look for an efficient way of making gold/money. Damn son, think before you speak.
Reply Quote
if you're the best geared person in the game,

then farming MP8-9 should be the most efficient for you (reserve MP10 being efficient for ridiculous next-few-patches gear)

I think setting the difficulty by that would be the most reasonable
Edited by MysticaL#1298 on 1/12/2013 1:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
They should have left the experience untouched, maybe a slight buff if anything. I'm 2 bars from 99 right now (and will easily be 100 by the time the patch comes out), so there will still be no reward for higher MPs (aside of the infernal machine event, so nothing has changed there). I'll still be doing my same speed farms on MP3 as I always do.

Pretty much, with this patch, it's going to do the exact opposite of what they're trying to accomplish. This will get players to plvl 100 much faster, and once they hit that, guess what, back to low MPs for speed farming.

They really should have buffed the MF/GF bonus with maybe a 10-20% increase in exp. That would have given plvl 100 players a reason to continue with the higher, more challenging MPs.

Im in the exact same boat and thoughts as you... 2 bars away from 99 to the bar. lol
Reply Quote

That is bs.. I'm sorry. People will and will always do what they enjoy. Once your P100 "son" you may agree with him, or me. And I fully reserve the right to allow you to do what you enjoy. Play the game which ever way you enjoy it. :P
Reply Quote
I completely agree with Blizzard on this.

If Higher MP was substantially better than previous levels, then MP will be new difficulties the same way Normal, NM, Hell and Inferno are. That would not be very interesting.

MP is something you can switch back and forth between depending on what you currently want (fast zerging or slower progress for example).

The MP levels should ideally be somewhat close to each other in terms of effectiveness.
With high MP having small benefits, for example in terms of high droprates on the stuff needed for Hellfire ring for example. Benefits that aren't drastic enough to require high MP play.

As others have mentioned, higher MP could probably use some small boost in MF/GF however.
Reply Quote
Wow, so we're pretty much all in agreement. Should have done both XP and MF increase probably.

People were doing low MPs to level, but come on, you want to entice everybody to do higher MPs, which includes people like me who think finding items is more important than leveling. And that should be the goal of the game, getting better so you can do higher MPs. Stay on MP1 forever? Build your gear around MP1 knowing it's super easy? If you choose to play that way, that is absolutely fine, but you should not be REWARDED for it.
Edited by PackersFTW#1402 on 1/16/2013 4:25 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]