Diablo® III

FPS lag when monsters spawn after logon.

After logging into the game and monsters spawn, the game freezes for 15 seconds, then I end up getting killed. Anyone know what could be causing this?

Thanks!

Airion
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Airion,

Sounds like it's just needing time to load all the objects near where your character is at the time. You'll also likely experience it to some degree when taking another players banner sometimes if they're in the middle of a fight.

Faster, more powerful PCs with fast connections shouldn't experience it at all or at most it will be minimal from my experience.
Reply Quote
Airion,

Sounds like it's just needing time to load all the objects near where your character is at the time. You'll also likely experience it to some degree when taking another players banner sometimes if they're in the middle of a fight.

Faster, more powerful PCs with fast connections shouldn't experience it at all or at most it will be minimal from my experience.

Yes sure! More powerful PC for this game!! I can play with no freezes in all games with all max settings. This game just don't use properly RAM. And this was not a problem when game was release. After first patch the problems starting. I never encounter such problem in past of 12 years of my game expedience. This is the first time. All hardware is fine, all drivers are fine. Every game working perfect all the time, except this one.
Edited by Sigma#2770 on 1/15/2013 2:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
Airion,

This further proof that Blizz will never gonna fix asset load stuttering issue.
How much more power do this game need? I got 8gb ram, i5-3550, GTX670 and Battlefield 3, Farcry 3, Crysis 2 run better than this game. Oh I get it, I don't have SSD. Yeah my fault for not getting SSD.
Reply Quote
Airion,

This further proof that Blizz will never gonna fix asset load stuttering issue.
How much more power do this game need? I got 8gb ram, i5-3550, GTX670 and Battlefield 3, Farcry 3, Crysis 2 run better than this game. Oh I get it, I don't have SSD. Yeah my fault for not getting SSD.

I have similar specs and have the same issue when i first load the game. The first time i get into combat my FPS drops to 0 for 5-10 seconds. After that i run at 150+ FPS the rest of my session.

Seems like an issue loading game data from the hard drive to memory.
Reply Quote
Airion,

I get a warning message saying my graphics card isn't supported, but I do not see it in the unsupported list, as specified here (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4903441037). I do not have any problems running any other game (I can play WoW, Leage of Legends, etc.), so why am I having problems with Diablo III? Does anyone have any suggestions of what I should do, rather than saying my computer sucks?
Edited by Airion#1596 on 1/16/2013 6:47 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]