Diablo® III

My PVP Experience

01/16/2013 05:47 PMPosted by Glitz
I would not re-gear until it goes live. No telling what's going to happen between now and then guys. I am just having fun and learning builds and matchup strategies.

wise move. everything is still in PTR and subjected to changes
Reply Quote
After some more testing I figured WD really isn't quite as bad as my day1 experience. I just have to stop wasting disc on vault and basically just spam SS, then my 50 disc+legacy+prep (lol) is actually enough to live through their haunt even when they do get it off in one of the 0.5 sec breaks. Seems stand on top of WD with strafe has gotten me better results then impale as well vs players with higher eHP since you can just follow them around when they invis.

I did well with a ShSh + Impale build vs some WDs, but it didn't turn out nearly as well vs the higher eHP ones.
Reply Quote
@TianZi

What rune of SS were you using and what prep rune?
Reply Quote
There's actually a very foolproof and amusing way to kill Legacy Nats DH (well, more like any DH in general). Just let him hit SS first, then you hit SS second so that his wears off while yours is still up. Now all you have to do is channel Rocket Storm and it will kill him in the 0.5 sec window between his first and second SS. Their Legacy Nats does nothing in this situation as nothing can get rid of that 0.5 sec deadzone.

You probably need a decent amount of dps to do this, and they won't be able to do it back because they've gimped their dps to wear Legacy Nats.
Edited by Myon#1319 on 1/16/2013 8:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
@TianZi

What rune of SS were you using and what prep rune?

Lingering Fog for SS, and the healing one for Prep. Another reason why I needed such a big disc pool even with legacy is that many times I ended up needing the heal from prep before my disc was actually low. Missing a SS and losing like 75% of your HP off a haunt tick basically means the prep heal has to be spent before you end up with a haunt on you again.
Reply Quote
Seems like leg nats or reg nats is awesome to have for that extra SS. HA from my experience is awesome cause I can sit offscreen and shoot.

What I find is great for impale is sit offscreen and use sharpshooter and let it load up.

Fan of knives with strafe is also great burst dmg.
Reply Quote
I enjoyed the whole cat and mouse game play. I do not think that Legacy Nat set is needed. PVP right now is a big joke... and just for the lulz. I would not bother buying gear till it goes live either.

And like Mylon pointed out there are ways to deal with Leg Nat users. Both Reg and Leg nats end up balancing out.

How was everyone's testing of how the weapons performed. Thus far I am the least impressed with the Manticore. Calamity was amazing... with Windforce being very close to taking the spot.

Very happy that I invested in a better Calamity than Manticore.

I ended up liking Bola Shot/Thunder ball. Along with that Impale stun I was pretty much able to lock down everyone pretty easily.
Edited by Neoshinji#1433 on 1/16/2013 8:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
I like Calamity. Obviously shooting faster means each shot deals less damage, but in the current state of PvP even these lesser damage shots can 1 shot people - so basically you are getting more 1 shot opportunities off per second which is superior.

Landing that first hit is important as well for controlling the flow of the battle, be it to apply snares or to force the other guy to use cooldowns. When you need to do things like fire suppressive fire down the corridors and lanes of the PvP map to control space, it's just a thousand times more clunky with a Manticore, you simply can't react to things as quickly with that horrible swing timer.
Edited by Myon#1319 on 1/16/2013 8:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
well i do know that 90%of the time i am playing with dhs. its either thatso happens the games i join are like that or the other classes are just not that interested
Reply Quote
@Myon referring to letting Dh smoke screen first.

Lol I said this exact sentence yesterday. You need around 300 unbuffed dps and this will pretty much destroy most high ehp Dh.
Edited by gLiTz#1220 on 1/16/2013 8:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
This brings it to my point, it's hard to judge whether to push DPS or AR at this point. More dps seems moot at this level, but again AR isn't too useful either...
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 08:48 PMPosted by Cyon
This brings it to my point, it's hard to judge whether to push DPS or AR at this point. More dps seems moot at this level, but again AR isn't too useful either...

disc maybe
Reply Quote
what do you guys think of using windforce? i've seen some dh with it and the knockback just keeps interrupting attacks?
Reply Quote
Pwet uses one and he is doing well in pvp. Add him and ask him for his opinion on it in pvp
Reply Quote
How do you kill Wizards man? Ive come across Wizard who uses Mirror image and slow time with thunderstorm

What skills do you use against that lol
Reply Quote
I do agree with Kadderly for wiz with storm armor+mirror+blizzard and for Strafe i must say it really impressive in terms in PVP. Does anyone tried the "Thrill of the Hunt" passive skill?
Edited by IKrow#1891 on 1/16/2013 11:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hi DH fellows ,

I haven't tried the PTR and cant be bothered too much to try it now, very busy IRL atm :(

I have two questions, after reading several post, I can't contain my excitement not to ask:
1. Do you think Life Regen with enough mitigation can hold against DoT, in this case WD's haunt?
2. I have prepared almost infinite Impale build with Impact rune, do you think it is better just to pump the dps by leaving the - impact hatred gear then use chemical burn instead?
Currently the setup that hold my DPS under 100k is those - impact hatred gear. But with those gear, the impact hatred is reduced to 6.

Cheers
Reply Quote
When you have a 50 disc pool, which prep rune is the most ideal to use?
Reply Quote
It seems that for PvP, you always want Battle Scars because of the heal, it's just too good. Globes don't drop in PvP so you have no way to heal yourself. Getting that heal off is more important than one rune giving a bit of disc return than the other.
Edited by Myon#1319 on 1/16/2013 11:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 09:18 PMPosted by BAMBAM

disc maybe

Disc + disc regen seems to be by far the most important thing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]