Diablo® III

My PVP Experience

Really liking [Impale - Chemical Burn] now.

Joining random groups, getting 20+ kill streaks for 1-2 shot kills, lol. Oh yea, WTB score board ~_~

Those maps are so maneuverable that DH feels like you can't really die since you get to choose every fight you want to participate in. If you see CDs being used you can just SS and double vault out, loop around and go back in from a different angle to get some snipes off :P
Reply Quote
Lol geez bambam I checked your diabloprogress profile and damn you have super high ehp!
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 01:59 AMPosted by Glitz
Lol geez bambam I checked your diabloprogress profile and damn you have super high ehp!

and u were still squashing me ;)

that set up is purely for ptr and the ehp i realise is most useful for weathering a few shock armor snipes

tried bat, its awesome

so bat
ss
prep battle scar
darkcloud
strafe
[primary, i dunno, still like stun bola
Reply Quote
Haha we squashed each other! First Dh that my strafe took longer then .3 seconds to kill lol. I was like wtf?

Ima hop online here in a hour or so. Hope to see ya! O yeah also I had a question....

So I let my bud borrow crappy legacy gear, now I want them back but I already copied my Dh to the ptr. How long before I can copy my Dh again??
Reply Quote
Haha we squashed each other! First Dh that my strafe took longer then .3 seconds to kill lol. I was like wtf?

Ima hop online here in a hour or so. Hope to see ya! O yeah also I had a question....

So I let my bud borrow crappy legacy gear, now I want them back but I already copied my Dh to the ptr. How long before I can copy my Dh again??

72 hours glitz lol. Fastest way will be letting your bud join you in ptr.
Edited by ThePwet#6321 on 1/17/2013 2:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
K thanks. He hasn't been online all week and he won't return calls or texts : /...
But he is also notorious for doing soooo I might just drop a good chunk down on some decent legacy gear.

Also Pwet sorry for bailing earlier man I was running super late for work and couldn't stop playing against this wd. I can help you out if you still need me to in a lil bit
Reply Quote
K thanks. He hasn't been online all week and he won't return calls or texts : /...
But he is also notorious for doing soooo I might just drop a good chunk down on some decent legacy gear.

Also Pwet sorry for bailing earlier man I was running super late for work and couldn't stop playing against this wd. I can help you out if you still need me to in a lil bit

Just as i thought. dude must be late for work. haha ayt maybe later man.
Edited by ThePwet#6321 on 1/17/2013 2:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
^^ We have to team up and smash BamBam
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 02:58 AMPosted by Glitz
^^ We have to team up and smash BamBam

rock and roll
Reply Quote
Just want to give an update. I played with Revrac which was totally coincidental. He is the #1 PVP DH according to diabloprogress. He total kicked my @ss. At first I was using impale and strafe and was doing great against other DHs and chars until he showed up. I kept on dying over and over and strafe was barely making a dent. I switch to what he was using, boar and loaded for bear. yet i kept on dying. I would say i got him one out of five tries. Then I looked closer and he changed some of his gear to have max disc. That was one of the main reasons why he could spam SS and i couldn't. Even prep/focused mind wasn't enough because i would run out when it was over and my disc pool wasn't enough. Basically what happened was he kept dodging my shots and could SS way more than i could. not to mention he has more ehp than me. But clearly disc is the #1 thing that you need to survive. But i do want to mention that i did get him several times when he was typing. lol.
Reply Quote
I listened to you guys, and thank god, Nats helm >>>>>> Mempo right now. The extra discipline is really night and day.

So far I'm using Strafe Rocket, Impale Chemical burns, Turrets with rockets, battle scar, and smoke screen. All I have to do is spam smokescreen and strafe rocket and I take care of Wizards pretty easily even with mirror image. They were owning me left and right yesterday, but today I've turn the tides :)
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 02:46 PMPosted by blkdrgn
Just want to give an update. I played with Revrac which was totally coincidental. He is the #1 PVP DH according to diabloprogress. He total kicked my @ss. At first I was using impale and strafe and was doing great against other DHs and chars until he showed up. I kept on dying over and over and strafe was barely making a dent. I switch to what he was using, boar and loaded for bear. yet i kept on dying. I would say i got him one out of five tries. Then I looked closer and he changed some of his gear to have max disc. That was one of the main reasons why he could spam SS and i couldn't. Even prep/focused mind wasn't enough because i would run out when it was over and my disc pool wasn't enough. Basically what happened was he kept dodging my shots and could SS way more than i could. not to mention he has more ehp than me. But clearly disc is the #1 thing that you need to survive. But i do want to mention that i did get him several times when he was typing. lol.

Which skillset do you think is better? Boar + Loaded for bear

or impale and strafe?
Reply Quote
I listened to you guys, and thank god, Nats helm >>>>>> Mempo right now. The extra discipline is really night and day.

So far I'm using Strafe Rocket, Impale Chemical burns, Turrets with rockets, battle scar, and smoke screen. All I have to do is spam smokescreen and strafe rocket and I take care of Wizards pretty easily even with mirror image. They were owning me left and right yesterday, but today I've turn the tides :)

Interesting to hear. I actually was thinking Nat's Helms were going to get expensive due to disc being important for PvP so I grabbed an ok one for ~50M. I discovered that I actually prefer having a little larger disc pool and didn't really mind the slight EHP/DPS loss. I might actually look at picking up a better Nat's helm in case they go up in price.
Reply Quote
I think the boar is better than the bat. It gets targeted by Haunt & Storm Armor. Not to mention the resist. Annoyance for mirror DH. Boar>Bat.
Reply Quote

Interesting to hear. I actually was thinking Nat's Helms were going to get expensive due to disc being important for PvP so I grabbed an ok one for ~50M. I discovered that I actually prefer having a little larger disc pool and didn't really mind the slight EHP/DPS loss. I might actually look at picking up a better Nat's helm in case they go up in price.

I'm still deciding if I should unload my gold on a disc build... this is still PTR. Not sure if i want to spend 50mil plus on a nats helm. What if they nerf SS when patch goes live? We really have to wait and see. I think Impale and Strafe are pretty safe for now, but I can see SS getting nerfed... maybe...

Lets say they nerf SS and put in a 50% damage reduction during PVP... wow I can see EHP items being #1 priority, because EHP will actually work. I'm still getting one shot with 89k health 500AR in PTR.
Reply Quote

I'm still deciding if I should unload my gold on a disc build... this is still PTR. Not sure if i want to spend 50mil plus on a nats helm. What if they nerf SS when patch goes live? We really have to wait and see. I think Impale and Strafe are pretty safe for now, but I can see SS getting nerfed... maybe...

Lets say they nerf SS and put in a 50% damage reduction during PVP... wow I can see EHP items being #1 priority, because EHP will actually work. I'm still getting one shot with 89k health 500AR in PTR.

no way, if they nerf SS, they have to nerf spirit walk and diamond skin
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 03:50 PMPosted by Spartacus

Which skillset do you think is better? Boar + Loaded for bear

or impale and strafe?

I did notice a difference with boar. it did help and especially with WD's haunt. it was stuck to the boar instead of me. To make the hatred I used Vengeance for 25 extra.

I would say for most chars, strafe was better and I killed more at once. But against other DH's with good EHP or was using loaded for bear, using l4b was better as you could keep a distance. You will just have to adjust for whoever is in the room and what skills you are against. for strafe i used ballistics and for l4b i used grenadier.
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 03:48 PMPosted by Spartacus

it's a good thing i kept all my Nat gear with disc. I just have to wait the 72 hr limit so that i can put it on.
Reply Quote
Well... 30% to elite SoJs are about to shoot up in price (actually all of them will, just 29-30% is going to be ridiculous)... Anybody else already invested in one?
Edited by Kadderly#1572 on 1/17/2013 4:32 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]