Diablo® III

My PVP Experience

Players are intended to be Elite, but after some investigation (thanks to your reports) we were able to determine that this isn't happening on the current build of the PTR. That's absolutely a bug and we'll be fixing it for a future PTR build.

Once the bug is addressed, this is what you can expect:

1. +Damage vs. Elites and +Reduced Damage from Elites affixes on items should work correctly against players.

2. The CC reduction rules that apply to Elite monsters in Inferno should also apply against players. Much like Elite monsters in Inferno, players will cap out at 65% CC reduction (with CC effects less than 0.5 seconds being ignored). These values are subject to change or go through different iterations as the PTR continues.

3. There is also an inherent 30% CC reduction in player vs. player which is not currently working on the PTR. So, a 4 second stun should only last 2.8 seconds in PvP combat. This can, of course, be combined with CC reduction from gear and skills.

(Note that pets are not currently considered Elite.)
Reply Quote
ya i actually think they should nerf all those lol.. makes the game more skill based and more strategy involed.. now its just spam ss haunt what ever the main skill is and just one shot...
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 04:29 PMPosted by blkdrgn
I listened to you guys, and thank god, Nats helm >>>>>> Mempo right now. The extra discipline is really night and day.

it's a good thing i kept all my Nat gear with disc. I just have to wait the 72 hr limit so that i can put it on.

I bought a nats helm on the ptr realm for 21,000 gold lol. It was a winning bid.
Reply Quote
Another question. DO you think the rocket sentries are important? Im contemplating whether or not I should take that skill out for boar. You think it's worth the change?
Reply Quote
I found out another thing guys... LOH is HUGE when it comes to PVP.
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 05:50 PMPosted by Spartacus

How can that possibly be when people are reporting that battles are ended in 1 or 2 shots? Does LOH proc even if you miss such as when your shot is dodged or the player is immune (Smoke Screen, Spirit Walk, Serenity, etc)? And is Life Steal affected by the 20% Inferno nerf or is it full steal in PvP?

I would think Life Regen would be more important than LOH or Life Steal, since you probably spend a lot time kiting around the map.
Reply Quote

How can that possibly be when people are reporting that battles are ended in 1 or 2 shots? Does LOH proc even if you miss such as when your shot is dodged or the player is immune (Smoke Screen, Spirit Walk, Serenity, etc)? And is Life Steal affected by the 20% Inferno nerf or is it full steal in PvP?

I would think Life Regen would be more important than LOH or Life Steal, since you probably spend a lot time kiting around the map.

True life regen is extremely important if you're a kiter. I came across this WD which was basically invulnerable because of his huge LOH. Everytime I came close, his life just pops back up, I used about 100 disc of smokescreen and strafe and I had an extremely hard time killing him. I never came across a problem like this before, saw he had around 2500 LOH. He only did 70k damage too...
Edited by Spartacus#1873 on 1/17/2013 7:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
Change of thoughts. I'm BY FAR most afraid of good barbs now :(

Wizards and WDs are 10x more manageable.
Reply Quote

how is that?
Reply Quote

how is that?

I can actually kill the Wizard and WDs if i get shots off. Actually I've had hardly any issues vs Wizards I've faced. All I really needed was a couple impales and they'd die. They don't move nearly as fast. Their abilities don't land while smoke screened.

The reason barb felt so incredibly impossible was because of how little damage he takes, and he only needs a single rend crit to kill my 70k HP DH even if i smokescreen it TWICE. The real kicker that made it feel so incredibly dangerous is that rend can be applied while smoke screened. So once SS wears off the rend damage is ticking.
Reply Quote

how is that?

I can actually kill the Wizard and WDs if i get shots off. Actually I've had hardly any issues vs Wizards I've faced. All I really needed was a couple impales and they'd die. They don't move nearly as fast. Their abilities don't land while smoke screened.

The reason barb felt so incredibly impossible was because of how little damage he takes, and he only needs a single rend crit to kill my 70k HP DH even if i smokescreen it TWICE. The real kicker that made it feel so incredibly dangerous is that rend can be applied while smoke screened. So once SS wears off the rend damage is ticking.

i hear ya, yes pretty similiar experiance re rend and hanut, irritating and often need to use a battle scar to outlast it

in other news i went thru 300 potions in 2 days of dueling, can be an expensive habit if u dun farm
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 02:46 PMPosted by blkdrgn
Just want to give an update. I played with Revrac which was totally coincidental. He is the #1 PVP DH according to diabloprogress. He total kicked my @ss. At first I was using impale and strafe and was doing great against other DHs and chars until he showed up. I kept on dying over and over and strafe was barely making a dent. I switch to what he was using, boar and loaded for bear. yet i kept on dying. I would say i got him one out of five tries. Then I looked closer and he changed some of his gear to have max disc. That was one of the main reasons why he could spam SS and i couldn't. Even prep/focused mind wasn't enough because i would run out when it was over and my disc pool wasn't enough. Basically what happened was he kept dodging my shots and could SS way more than i could. not to mention he has more ehp than me. But clearly disc is the #1 thing that you need to survive. But i do want to mention that i did get him several times when he was typing. lol.

Your awesome man...hit me up tomorrow for some more fun :D

Oh and I will be releasing my DH analysis very soon for all to enjoy......I have some killer idea's, just been too busy having fun in the ptr to post anything yet. Probably this weekend though and I must say that I am loving this patch!!!
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 04:30 PMPosted by Kadderly
Well... 30% to elite SoJs are about to shoot up in price (actually all of them will, just 29-30% is going to be ridiculous)... Anybody else already invested in one?

Yes sir :D

I have 4 different SoJ's for my variety of builds.
Reply Quote
^ Can't wait for the post!

Oh and I bought a 6% cold damage, 9 discipline, 29% elite damage, and 7% damage evasive fire for 25 million.

Good deal?
Reply Quote
01/18/2013 12:59 AMPosted by REVRAC
Just want to give an update. I played with Revrac which was totally coincidental. He is the #1 PVP DH according to diabloprogress. He total kicked my @ss. At first I was using impale and strafe and was doing great against other DHs and chars until he showed up. I kept on dying over and over and strafe was barely making a dent. I switch to what he was using, boar and loaded for bear. yet i kept on dying. I would say i got him one out of five tries. Then I looked closer and he changed some of his gear to have max disc. That was one of the main reasons why he could spam SS and i couldn't. Even prep/focused mind wasn't enough because i would run out when it was over and my disc pool wasn't enough. Basically what happened was he kept dodging my shots and could SS way more than i could. not to mention he has more ehp than me. But clearly disc is the #1 thing that you need to survive. But i do want to mention that i did get him several times when he was typing. lol.

Your awesome man...hit me up tomorrow for some more fun :D

Oh and I will be releasing my DH analysis very soon for all to enjoy......I have some killer idea's, just been too busy having fun in the ptr to post anything yet. Probably this weekend though and I must say that I am loving this patch!!!

oh com'on at least a sneak peak please
Reply Quote

how is that?

I've had the opportunity to fight some pretty good Barbs on the ptr. I just fought one with roughly 150k hp and a whole ton of resists, took about 10 seconds or so of my sustained dps just to kill him. Main thing is to avoid getting hit by rend, so kiting and range control is paramount.

I still think it's a relatively cut and dry matchup though, there's a limit to how much ehp and dps a person can have due to the gear in the game - I think where we're at now is still a pretty good place, SoJ isn't even working yet.
Edited by Myon#1319 on 1/18/2013 1:48 AM PST
Reply Quote

I've had the opportunity to fight some pretty good Barbs on the ptr. I just fought one with roughly 150k hp and a whole ton of resists, took about 10 seconds or so of my sustained dps just to kill him. Main thing is to avoid getting hit by rend, so kiting and range control is paramount.

I still think it's a relatively cut and dry matchup though, there's a limit to how much ehp and dps a person can have due to the gear in the game - I think where we're at now is still a pretty good place, SoJ isn't even working yet.

SoJ might actually fix a lot of the issue due to the cold damage. I had to change my spec in order to even put up a fight with some of the barbs I was playing against, which would me me more vulnerable to casters then preferred. I actually don't have a snare on PTR since I have a outdated character there ~_~
Reply Quote
Currently my go to spec for fighting high ehp characters is to run Hungering Arrow and Impale with Impact rune. For fights that drag on (meaning you can't one shot the guy) Impact is pretty good for keeping people away at all costs especially with the snare from SoJ.

You can get a pretty good pseudo stunlock going on by mixing in Impales among the Hungering Arrows as well, just need to tag them once to get them to stand still and you can start going to down - they won't have many options for running away unless they blow a cd, even if it's not a perfect stunlock, due to the snare from SoJ.

Dropped SS from my passives too since competent players now gear to not be one-shotted, went Archery/SA/CTW or Archery/SA/TA depending on how much mobility I need.
Edited by Myon#1319 on 1/18/2013 3:16 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]