Diablo® III

Calamity prices are going to drop like a rock

Calamity prices are going to insanely drop. For PvP, Manticore is hands down the best bow. When you do get a hit in, you want to hit HARD.

Wizzy? You want to hit them with Manticore damage (and have lightning resist)

DH? When you catch them between smoke or when they are OOD? You want to hit them with a Manticore.

Get a WD after SW is over? Manticore.

Monk when Serentiy is down and you get that one or two hits in that are not DODGED? Manticore **or** Windforce

Barb? Well, the traditional run after you Baba can be beat with a Buriza. Jump-Rend barb you just need to time Smoke correctly and then hit them with Manticore damage. The throw Barb is just a bad DH -- higher EHP, lower DPS and no DI.

Under no circumstances will a Calamity ever be the best for PvP. Watch the prices tumble.

Calam's are fun for low level farming or Ubers if you have high stun/freeze, but they are the worst choice for PvP.
Edited by EternalOne#1670 on 1/16/2013 7:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
Your wrong,

Have you played against a high level monk or DH yet. You know that ones that dodge 80% of your clusters.

sigh....I would rather swarm them with hungering arrows.
Edited by Pillz#1495 on 1/16/2013 7:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
the statements above may be true at the present moment/product of duels, but the end product still isn't out so your point is speculative at best to write off a very nice piece of gear with several combinations possible - AKA dual wielding.

time will tell imo
Reply Quote
I like my Calamity. :) - It helps a lot against those high dodge rate guys - plus it lets me proc more bone explosions from my awesome hungering arrow.
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 07:19 PMPosted by Pillz
Have you played against a high level monk or DH yet. You know that ones that dodge 80% of your clusters.

I referred to the Monk dodging in my post. When you do get to connect, you need to kill them in 1-3 hits. Not 4-6, cause by then they can just cast Serenity again. Which also gives them time to kill you.

Then when Monks go Near Death, you need to finish that %35 with one hit. Not two.

In PvP, you need to kill opponents in as few hits as possible cause you can't guarantee how many times you can connect. Sereneity, Near Death, Spirit Walk, Spirit Vessel, Teleport, Dodging.... you need to kill in as few hits as possible.

Damage per arrow means more than arrows per second in PvP. And with so many ways to break cc effects, the high speed freeze/stun won't work like it does on ubers.
Reply Quote
I doubt they will drop insanely. After 2 days of testing? No tweeks or updates if they are going to change anything.

A good 1300 plus dps with high 80s and up crit with socket with still fetch a bil or more.
In the same sense a 1300 plus manticore with 2 sockets still fetches more.

World of xbows will remain hardely untouched for now.
Even though def a coule of people out there that will be more than willing to listen to you and pay way higher prices than a good manticore is actually worth right now.

Even if your right, im a calamity user and i got a sweet one at that, ill adapt and make it work.
Reply Quote
I couldn't disagree more. I have taken down many godly manticore users from Asia with my 1300 dps calamity and i have half the gear they did. Rapid dumping of hits has saved me countless times. Also I don't understand why so many people use Hungering Arrow when Covering fire does the job much better especially with a Calamity.

The zero travel time and triple bolt takes down multiple enemies and is especially good for the pesky Wizard illusions and WD pets. Covering fire hits one screen away has zero travel time and with a calamity just tears through everything. Also keeps you location hidden and has a nack for hitting even from around corners and cover where HA wouldn't hit.

Nevermind that the most devastating build is a strafe rocket build and a Calamity + Bat = melting everything while you have SS up. I could go on and on with the virtues of the Calamity.
Edited by METATRON#1945 on 1/16/2013 8:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
I Like my calamity. I am not having problems with anyone or anything. Dueling arena is fantastic. I don't see how any DH cant make any weapon type work, its not like this is a hard game for us: /
Reply Quote
Pros and cons to both bows
Reply Quote
I was beating a Calamity+DML and a high end rare bow user in some arenas yesterday. We had 3 DH and a WD at the start, and eventually just 3 DH, and finally at the end just me and the bow DH. I was getting the most kills and least deaths in there, even though the bow DH had more then 1.5x my DPS.

Manticore turned out in my favor since I was running Strafe (Rocket) + FoK build in there. Both abilities which benefit from the low IAS. However, the bow DH was running rather high IAS, and was able to manage some 1shot kills on my DH with impales. For his build faster attack speed just worked out better since as long as he gets the crit it'd basically be a kill.

I think it really will come down to the build that you are using, and your opponents eHP. Like if impale took a manti 1 crit to kill, and a calamity 2 crits to kill, manti would be good. meanwhile on some players a calamity is already a 1 crit kill, and manticore is just wasted DPS. In other situations where eHP is actually high that both will take a decent number of shots to kill fast weapons can benefit from things like the stun rune.

Thought I'd add, I was the only one that had legacy Nats while the other 2 DH were using the new nat pieces. Also, the dueling games with just DH were by far the most fun :)
Reply Quote
Manticore dominates right now, calamity is awesome but not even close. You want to hit hard and crit hard. 1 shot GG with cluster arrow or devouring arrow.

Since SS can break out of most CC, the ias on calamity won't be able to kick into full effect.

Then again, this is just a preview right now, a lot of changes to come still. Monks insane op at this point with their 1 shot kill spirit spenders even with !@#$ty gears.
Reply Quote
Cluster arrows blow dude lol they hardly ever connect. Of course a crappy Calamity will lose to a budget manticore but once you hit the point where your one shotting maybe 2 with a Calamity the speed means life and death. Manticore is just wasted DPS and lacking in speed. Like I said earlier especially with covering fire since it has zero travel time also with Impale stun rune you can just dump them and strafe away if needed to escape etc.
Edited by METATRON#1945 on 1/16/2013 8:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
Manti is terrible, unless you have awesome attack speed gear to back it up calamity is way better, both for pvp and pvm. I ditched my higher dps manti for calamity and never turned back.

As for "prices are going to drop like a rock", it simply isn't gonna happen. In fact, Calamity prices are shooting up even more due to being higher in demand, manti price is dropping unless it's 2 socketed/dex/1.2k+ dps.
Edited by fathom#6674 on 1/17/2013 3:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
Manti is terrible, unless you have awesome attack speed gear to back it up calamity is way better, both for pvp and pvm. I ditched my higher dps manti for calamity and never turned back.

As for "prices are going to drop like a rock", it simply isn't gonna happen. In fact, Calamity prices are shooting up even more due to being higher in demand, manti price is dropping unless it's 2 socketed/dex/1.2k+ dps.

Terrible post, almost as bad as the OP.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
3 Attacks per Seccond blow their minds, thats all.
I remember when with Amazon u just need 1.4 Attacks per second, knockback, and a good draculs gloves to pvp.
Reply Quote
If anything Windforce will become cheaper.
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 03:51 AMPosted by Chocko
Terrible post, almost as bad as the OP.

even worse post by you! .. what does it take for ppl to be constructive in their feedback instead of shooting people down lets be slightly civilized lol
Edited by Keegan#1724 on 1/17/2013 11:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
Definitely pros and cons for both, there is no one clear choice. Depends on your play style really
Reply Quote
Calamity will not drop like a rock just for pvp if they added some type of ladder system or waging gold maybe.... Know one will really know until more pvp testing is done. I think most players on d3 are more interested in farming more than pvp, but that my opinion.

And to say what weapon is better it all depends on gear, build, and play style. I do use a calamity with a shield and I must say its fun dodging a lot of attacks which saves me a lot granting me a kill. I wanna say though that having a high ASI vs a monk works well. I'd say that the only problem is that I run out of discipline at the wrong times and die.
Edited by DaRkCroNo#1494 on 1/17/2013 1:42 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]