Diablo® III

Calamity prices are going to drop like a rock

wtf @ op lol.

try again.
Reply Quote
I think OP wants to buy a calamity ... or sell his manti... or both.

so..... you are out in the field ..... you have a small mobile target ahead of you. Do you bring in the tank for 1-shot and re-charge or get up on your gun turret and fire the 50mm gun at 'em.

while hungering can have its auto-tracking the slowness doesn't make it the greatest weapon in PvP. Each bow has their advantages and disadvantages.

those who build their calamity builds on high asi vs cd manti builds well.... you are pretty much guaranteed to double your shot output.

For those with dodge some will connect some won't. You may not 1-shot higher ehp players and that is OK. throw up some sentries that are shooting fast as well. Then see which is connecting more per second than the other.

Manti is a great weapon but certainly not gonna call it "OP" in PvP at this point.

Personally if you aren't kiting offscreen and have targets close enough I think evasive fire is better way to go... pretty much instant hits. And especially playing 4 FFA you should have multiple targets close enough where evasive fire:covering will do a decent job.

Add onto that calamity shooting 3 APS that is 9 shots per second going out against multiple targets. Might be a good alternative. It is only theory. I have been in PTR but have not been in PvP as of yet. I may this weekend go into PvP with my DPS build and tank build and see how things go.
Reply Quote
If you think AH prices are going to be governed by PVP, I have some bad news for you: PVP is an afterthought in this game.
Reply Quote
Calamity is the no. 1 choice for 3 types of users. Dual welding, 1 hand welding with shield and 1 hand welding with quiver, so the demand is unlikely to drop too much. It is way too early to judge if prices will drop based on PTR PVP. Furthermore not everyone enjoys a rewardless type of PVP
Reply Quote
Did anyone tested new ruby on both? It seems that calamity takes godly improvement from it... can someone confirm?
Reply Quote
View profile
01/16/2013 07:07 PMPosted by EternalOne
Calamity prices are going to insanely drop.
no u
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 06:23 PMPosted by Yue
Did anyone tested new ruby on both? It seems that calamity takes godly improvement from it... can someone confirm?

Only tried the marquis emerald and got a good 6k boost.
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 06:23 PMPosted by Yue

Interesting, I might try that out, need to farm for the gem plan tho. Makes sense the Calamity would benefit from it more than a Manti since The calamity has a wider Average damage Gap. I will give it try when I get a chance.
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 07:30 PMPosted by METATRON

Interesting, I might try that out, need to farm for the gem plan tho. Makes sense the Calamity would benefit from it more than a Manti since The calamity has a wider Average damage Gap. I will give it try when I get a chance.

Would like to know this too. :)
Reply Quote

Under no circumstances will a Calamity ever be the best for PvP. Watch the prices tumble.

You seem to think that when PVP comes out, thats all that there will be. There's more to the game than PVP.
Reply Quote

There's one from my friend:
http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/606/screenshot077q.jpg

He got some good dps boost over the previous radiant emerald. Think it bites?
Original weapon dps: 1337
Edited by Yue#1592 on 1/18/2013 2:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/18/2013 02:36 PMPosted by Yue

im thinking duel wielding is going to make a comeback. Picture a black weapon with a ruby in your main hand and a high crit/emerald in the offhand.
Reply Quote
I've been too lazy to farm the plans for the new gem lol, too busy dueling.

Edit: Jesus christ dat damage.
Edited by Myon#1319 on 1/18/2013 10:10 PM PST
Reply Quote

im thinking duel wielding is going to make a comeback. Picture a black weapon with a ruby in your main hand and a high crit/emerald in the offhand.

Holy crap lol! That's a huge boost almost 2K this might actually bring back dual wielding.
Reply Quote
Haven't played PVP yet, but would Multishot be a better idea as they just cant dodge them all?
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 03:38 PMPosted by TheJackal
If you think AH prices are going to be governed by PVP, I have some bad news for you: PVP is an afterthought in this game.

dude is right.

PVP is the backburner "I'm bored of Alkalizers, so I'll go kill some players" fall back plan now. Calamity will still be top for high end MP players who like to face tank and permagloom.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]