Diablo® III

need help with nats legacy

Im looking to buy all Nats Legacy pieces for DH and Im not sure what would get me my most bang for my buck. Any suggestions?

basically an example of the advice i'm looking for is as follows

nats armor - look for + vitality 100-150 range and pay no more than 10 Million

can someone please help?
Reply Quote
Look at my profile, the worth of the 4 pieces together is 440M aprox.
Reply Quote
thats a good starting point however is it possible to get em any cheaper without sacrificing much stats?

also are there preferences to max discipline vs dex vs vit on armor?

is socket a must for nats helm?

100 dex nats boots are 100+ million right now, are they worth it?

i havent even looked at rings cause i know its gonna be like 100M alone...
Edited by Apple#2694 on 1/16/2013 9:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
It depends what you want. If you want good stats you gotta pay big since the set is gone now.

Some people want straight up dps, some people want good EHP.

For example some people buy Nat chests with high vit, decent dex (as much as it can roll so like up to like 70) and then the skill of your choice. Then some people want max disc + what I listed and some want the high dex + skill.

If you buy a ring and it has crit chance or crit dmg you're gonna pay big. If it has AR, you're gonna pay big. If it has some vit and that's it you'll pay decent. If you want vit AND crit dmg/cc you're gonna pay out the wazoo.

Same with helm. High dex + crit chance, AR + High Dex, and especially crit chance + open socket.

Boots over say like 120 dex get pricey.

If you look at my pieces they are worth a few billion.

Anyway you get the point.
Edited by Sanoku#1417 on 1/16/2013 9:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
is nats legacy set really worth the Billions that someone might pay? Does it make your DH that good?
Reply Quote
Here's the two perspectives and i'll try to keep it as non biased as I can since I obviously use one set over the other.

New Nats: Higher EHP and dps overall. No disc regen. Still requires insane rolls to be good as I have encountered countless New Nat pieces that are inferior to my Legacy ones. These good rolls also cost billions. With Nightstalker and Preparation you can keep your disc up just fine most of the time but I'd say it isn't ALWAYS 100% guaranteed in longer encounters but it works fine.

Legacy Nats: With bad rolls this set is not worth it at all and is a waste of time. Maybe for M0 xp runs and that's it. With good rolls your flexibility opens up a lot more and it is literally like playing a different Demon Hunter altogether. You have more room to use your discipline and can make choices you cannot really make with the new nat set at the price of overall less dps and EHP but you can still hit over 350k dps by my calculations in Legacy Nat gear (go look at people like Aujo if you really want a reference everyone else already does). You get a free skill slot and can drop Preparation so that's also nice.

My overall opinion on the matter is if I felt I could trade in my Legacy set for a godly New set I would maybe do it since the increase in dps and EHP would be great (only use 2 or 3 set then buy a Mempo etc) but the time and gold I invested into this set and the countless time I spent trying to track these good pieces down added into the fact that I personally enjoy the higher disc regen (it's really fun it just is) makes me just say meh to the new set and I try to raise my ceiling in other pieces.

It's up to you really and the only advice I really have is you need great pieces either way it's just harder at this point in the game to find the Legacy ones and the New ones are always being brought into circulation since one set is discontinued and one is not.

I did my best to explain it I hope that helps :)
Edited by Sanoku#1417 on 1/16/2013 10:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
I got a cheap set before it was discontinued and am having fun with it. You don't need a godly set to have fun here. Here's what I'd suggest:

Helm: For general play get a helm with a socket for exp or life. The most this will cost you is 4 crit hit chance which is at scalpers' prices anyways. Save the extra coin and put it towards your weapon.

Cloak: Get max disc here. In terms of other stats you will lose, adding disc with the cloak will cost the least. Max disc in a Dead Man's Legacy will cost 100 dex off the top. Assuming you're going for a mid level set, getting disc in the cloak is the cheapest way in terms of trading off other stats.

For a Legacy Set, you can decide whether you want to add 10 (cloak) or 20 (cloak + Dead Man's or cloak + SOJ) disc? This comes down to whether you're going to use Prep with Battle Scars or Backup Plan. With Battle Scars adding 20 to disc is best, because you're being refueled by regen only. But Backup Plan may not require any added disc but adding 10 can't hurt. I use Battle Scars for general play. So I've got 9 in the cloak, 10 in the Dead Man's and 10 in a SOJ I keep on my character (for tough blues and yellows on mp6 key runs).

But all of this depends on what you're going to be doing and your play style. But remember, if you're going for a Legacy build, you're committing to using Smoke Screen. Because you don't need Legacy for a Gloom build. I'd suggest trying both builds before you buy.
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 12:35 AMPosted by AsiaElite
For a Legacy Set, you can decide whether you want to add 10 (cloak) or 20 (cloak + Dead Man's or cloak + SOJ) disc?

You don't need max disc if you're using Legacy. It's nice but not needed at all.

This comes down to whether you're going to use Prep with Battle Scars or Backup Plan.

You don't need Prep. Wasted skill slot if you're using Legacy.

But remember, if you're going for a Legacy build, you're committing to using Smoke Screen

Uh.... no you aren't. Smokescreen is better if you have no defense and die in 1 or 2 hits all the time. Shadow Power: Gloom is infinitely better for EVERYTHING ELSE. Smokescreen was the go to skill pre 1.0.4.

You're a bit off on your facts buddy.
Edited by Sanoku#1417 on 1/17/2013 12:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
SS is the way to go in dueling
Edited by PewPewTiuTiu#6521 on 1/17/2013 12:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 12:46 AMPosted by PewPewTiuTiu
SS is the way to go in dueling

Sure. That makes a lot of sense. My reply to AsiaElite was assuming we are talking about the normal farming runs. His advice in general if you read it is in fact spot on for PvP but polar opposite for regular farming. And judging by his gear choices and skill choices I'm assuming he just doesn't know what he is talking about.

Not to mention PvP hasn't been out long and if I'm not mistaken people have still been testing different options.
Reply Quote
yeahhh but i tried gloom and the life steal does not work.. had to use the cheat portal to heal myself :(

<--- cheap player
Reply Quote
yeahhh but i tried gloom and the life steal does not work.. had to use the cheat portal to heal myself :(

<--- cheap player

Yeah I've heard Shadow Power isn't so great for dueling I just meant other abilities are being tried. And lol I hope they fix the portal thing it's so cheap lol....
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 12:43 AMPosted by Sanoku
You don't need max disc if you're using Legacy. It's nice but not needed at all.

I may have mentioned it depends on what you're doing and your play style.

You don't need Prep. Wasted skill slot if you're using Legacy.

I repeat I may have mentioned it depends on what you're doing and your play style.

Uh.... no you aren't. Smokescreen is better if you have no defense and die in 1 or 2 hits all the time. Shadow Power: Gloom is infinitely better for EVERYTHING ELSE. Smokescreen was the go to skill pre 1.0.4.

I have to repeat again I may have mentioned it depends on what you're doing and your play style. This is your opinion and you're misrepresenting this as indisputable fact.

You're a bit off on your facts buddy.

Because you disagree with my opinion there's no need for name calling and sarcasm. It would be better, if we kept this professional without the personal attacks just because you disagree with someone.
Reply Quote
My reply to AsiaElite was assuming we are talking about the normal farming runs...And judging by his gear choices and skill choices I'm assuming he just doesn't know what he is talking about.

You're "assumption" is that everybody is doing "normal farming runs." Unsure where I or the OP stated that was our purpose.

Again, if you are unable to contribute without the personal attacks, it may be better to skip these posts where you have a different opinion and are unable to contribute in a positive and professional way.
Reply Quote
Your feedback was ineffective so I corrected you. Your advice if followed would supply you with an unnecessary amount of disc that you do not need. You also did not specify when or where this advice would be helpful. I simply stated that for PvP this advice would work and not in farm runs.

Whether you were talking about one or the other I stated which one works where. Anyway my point was with Legacy Nat set you do not need those skills. You can say you do but you do not.

Call it a personal attack but I really don't care if I sound "professional" posting a reply on a forum, at 5 am, in the comfort of my own home. Take your D3 board meeting elsewhere. Bad advice is bad.

/rollseyes
Reply Quote
this is possibly the worst time to be shopping for a good legacy nats set. I'm even contemplating selling my dps parts (crit gaze, dex soul, etc)

sorry, I didnt read the whole thread. what's your budget?
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 04:09 AMPosted by Sanoku
Call it a personal attack but I really don't care if I sound "professional" posting a reply on a forum, at 5 am, in the comfort of my own home. Take your D3 board meeting elsewhere. Bad advice is bad.

Since we're in the Troll Zone, I won't reply to anymore of your posts and I'd appreciate the same. But you're not understanding, since you're following up with more attacks. It's about showing others basic respect. This is part of professionalism and being a responsible human being. If you can't do that 24/7, I'm unsure what I could possibly say that would help.

Good luck and have fun here.

Sorry to the OP that this is off topic.
Reply Quote
I would try to get stats on the Legacy that probably are affected the least by future items with higher rolls.

For example it makes sense to go for as much sockets as possible, so you can upgrade the nats with possible new gems. Another example is crit chance, critdamage might roll higher in the future, so the ~15-25% critdamage become neglectable but the chance to crit will always be valuable. Maybe average damage when you play with fast weapons.
Reply Quote
I used legacy for several months before I went to new nats. There is some false information about new nats that I'd first like to correct. If you have high crit chance and use nighstalker with new nats you'll have just as good of disc regen as you would have with legacy nats. The only real difference with new nats is if you want good disc regen you need nightstalker and you need to be hitting targets and critting to get the disc regen where are of course legacy disc regen is passive and always on.

Here's my recommendations for legacy nats:

Get a helm with either a socket or crit chance. I went with the socket because I would rather have the life than the crit chance. Getting a socket and crit chance is out of the typical budget by a large margin.

Get as much dex/vit on your chest as you can afford. With legacy nats you don't need extra disc because your regen is so high. Choose whether you want higher dex or vitality based on your characters life and dps and what you need more.

For the ring if you can afford crit chance or crit damage then go for it, if your budget is lower look for higher dex rolls, or a socket, or avg damage or vitality. You can get those stats for reasonable prices but crit chance or damage are expensive.

Boots just get as much dex as you can afford after you're bought your other pieces.
Reply Quote
this is possibly the worst time to be shopping for a good legacy nats set. I'm even contemplating selling my dps parts (crit gaze, dex soul, etc)

sorry, I didn't read the whole thread. what's your budget?

Yeah man I agree. To jump in the legacy game now with all the benefits it will have in pvp is going to be pricey...

I have 2 legacy helms. One with dex vit and cc, the other with dex vit and os.

The cc helm is about 200m baseline on ah right now and there were only 2 listed dex vit os helms on the ah.

If you plan on getting a set I would definitely hurry and get what you can that is decent for your price range. You will ave to weigh in how much that +2 disc means to you because it will cost.

My estimate is about 200m for full set of anything...

Hope this helps....
Edited by EMPIRE#1116 on 1/17/2013 2:15 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]