Unlimited Money... What to buy?

I have 2.1 billion

I have 4 chars level 60 :

DH:
Monk:
Barb:
Wizard:

Whats do I buy?

I stopped playing this game after I bought it when it first released.

It was pathetic.

Still kind of is, but I am bored.

I want to be able to do MP 10 with all chars.

Barb first if you want.

What do I buy to be the best (well equipped) for all or any you can provide for?

If i choose your build.

10 million gold for you!!!!
Reply Quote
Well....2 billion isn't unlimited and for top tier items you can pretty easily spend a bil or 2 per slot. That said it's definitely possible to make a good Barb for 2 bil gold. I'll let someone else give you tips on that though.
Reply Quote
Wiz can do mp10 with 10m gold easily, not fast but doable. DH mp10 would probably take that entire budget and then some. For mp10 I've seen some good weapon throw/slam barbs and monks still have sw.
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 10:46 PMPosted by itgscv
Wiz can do mp10 with 10m gold easily, not fast but doable. DH mp10 would probably take that entire budget and then some. For mp10 I've seen some good weapon throw/slam barbs and monks still have sw.

Barb can do mp10 with 1m... Just highly inefficient

I suggest you take a look at Uberjager/Wayneold profile. Their gear is slightly more than 2b I believe.

If you want SnB then look at Nikeboy, Jook, Baller, and Crypter
Edited by xxxkan#1130 on 1/16/2013 10:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
Look, put it this way.

Gold/Money is not a problem

I just need to know what to buy?
Reply Quote
Well MrBoJangles, I can only speak from a Barb's perspective and to run MP10, I would suggest the following:

Helm: Mempo of Twighlight with 250+ Strength, 6% Critical Hit Chance and a Socket.

Shoulders: Vile Ward or rare with = stats with Strength 250+, Vitality 150+ or mix of Vitality and Life %. Also all resist 70+!

Chest: Immortal King's Eternal Reign with 150+ strenght and 200+ vitality.

Bracers: Lacuni Prowlers with 100+ strength, 6% Critical Hit Chance, and make sure it's one with 9% attack speed and not 8%. Vitality is a bonus but not necessary.

Belt: The Witching Hour with 250+ Strength, 9% attack speed and not 8%, and at least 45% Critical Hit Damage.
-Alternatively-
Immortal King's Tribal Binding with 250+ Strength, 3% Life Conversion and vitality as a bonus. Extra bonus goes to one with bonus damage to whatever fury building attack you choose in your skill build.

Legs: Inna's Temperence with 90-100 Strength, 90-100 Vitality OR no strength and 170+ vitality. Make sure it's one with 9% attack speed and not 8%.

Boots: Ice Climbers with 250+ Strength, 100+ Vitality.

Gloves: Immortal Kings Irons or rare with = stats. In particular, if you end up using a witching hour belt, you should be more inclined go to with the Irons rather than just a rare in order to get the set bonus. You'll want strength with at least 8% attack speed, 8% critical hit chance and as high critical hit damage as possible keeping in mind that 50% is max. Vitality would be a bonus here.

Necklace: Anything with strength and hight attack speed, critical hit chance of at least 8% and critical hit damage of at least 80%. Vitality, damage bonus, and all resist are nice to haves as well.

Rings: Almost the same as your necklace except max Critical hit chance is 6% and max critical hit damage is 50%.

Weapons: You have two options. Either go with a 2 handed Skorn or two 1 handed weapons. If you have the Immortal Kings belt with Life Steal then you don't have to worry as much about having it on your weapons but if you have the witching hour, then you'll want to go with two weapons instead of the 2 handed Skorn. Your Skorn should have at least 300+ strength, either attack speed, Life Steal OR 150+ vitality, and at least 170% critical hit damage with a stocket.

If you go with two weapons, at least one should have life steal if not both, both NEED to have at least 80% Critical hit damage and a socket and both should have 150+ strength and vitality as a bonus. Lastly, at least one of those weapons will need to be a mace or an axe in your characters right hand to get the critical hit chance bonus from one of the bellow listed passive skills.

Your passive skills will need to be Ruthless and Weapon Master for the Critical hit chance bonuses and your third will most likely be blood thirst for the life steal.

As for your active skills, you can just google the various barb build options and pick what you want from what others are using. :) If you look at me, I'm using a WW skill build although right now my skills are based on low MP xp runs rather than MP10 uber boss runs hunting for Hellfire Ring ingredients.
Reply Quote
Posted by itgscv

Barb can do mp10 with 1m... Just highly inefficient

I suggest you take a look at Uberjager/Wayneold profile. Their gear is slightly more than 2b I believe.

If you want SnB then look at Nikeboy, Jook, Baller, and Crypter

Both wrong. You know there's a 8mins enrage timer on ubers?
Reply Quote
@Firestone, you can't roll a mempo with over 200 STR and 6% crit. And even if you could, that would be one piece of armor that fills his entire budget. Take a look at my profile. I built it with about 500 million gold and it can do mp10 pretty easily. Of Course with your budget you will be able to afford more EHP than mine has. You can make a killer barb with 2 billion.
Reply Quote
lol @ two specific players having 2B in gear. What a joke.

If the OP wanted welfare gear, he might as well just copy and paste my HC character. OP, if money and gold is not an issue, you might as well talk to some of the top-tier Barbarians about selling their gear. Most of the top items in the AH are duplicates of an original. That means the item value will depreciate -- and most of it already has.

I know of a couple of Barbarians who might be willing to piece out or sell their set. Let me know if you're interested.
Reply Quote
lol @ two specific players having 2B in gear. What a joke.

If the OP wanted welfare gear, he might as well just copy and paste my HC character. OP, if money and gold is not an issue, you might as well talk to some of the top-tier Barbarians about selling their gear. Most of the top items in the AH are duplicates of an original. That means the item value will depreciate -- and most of it already has.

I know of a couple of Barbarians who might be willing to piece out or sell their set. Let me know if you're interested.

I don't get the joke....what's so funny?

And thank you, xxxkan for the compliment of putting me next to the other names you listed.
Reply Quote
I don't get what acrimony said either. He has 2 billion, that's not welfare by any means.
Reply Quote
Well MrBoJangles, I can only speak from a Barb's perspective and to run MP10, I would suggest the following:

Helm: Mempo of Twighlight with 250+ Strength, 6% Critical Hit Chance and a Socket.

Shoulders: Vile Ward or rare with = stats with Strength 250+, Vitality 150+ or mix of Vitality and Life %. Also all resist 70+!

Chest: Immortal King's Eternal Reign with 150+ strenght and 200+ vitality.

Bracers: Lacuni Prowlers with 100+ strength, 6% Critical Hit Chance, and make sure it's one with 9% attack speed and not 8%. Vitality is a bonus but not necessary.

Belt: The Witching Hour with 250+ Strength, 9% attack speed and not 8%, and at least 45% Critical Hit Damage.
-Alternatively-
Immortal King's Tribal Binding with 250+ Strength, 3% Life Conversion and vitality as a bonus. Extra bonus goes to one with bonus damage to whatever fury building attack you choose in your skill build.

Legs: Inna's Temperence with 90-100 Strength, 90-100 Vitality OR no strength and 170+ vitality. Make sure it's one with 9% attack speed and not 8%.

Boots: Ice Climbers with 250+ Strength, 100+ Vitality.

Gloves: Immortal Kings Irons or rare with = stats. In particular, if you end up using a witching hour belt, you should be more inclined go to with the Irons rather than just a rare in order to get the set bonus. You'll want strength with at least 8% attack speed, 8% critical hit chance and as high critical hit damage as possible keeping in mind that 50% is max. Vitality would be a bonus here.

Necklace: Anything with strength and hight attack speed, critical hit chance of at least 8% and critical hit damage of at least 80%. Vitality, damage bonus, and all resist are nice to haves as well.

Rings: Almost the same as your necklace except max Critical hit chance is 6% and max critical hit damage is 50%.

Weapons: You have two options. Either go with a 2 handed Skorn or two 1 handed weapons. If you have the Immortal Kings belt with Life Steal then you don't have to worry as much about having it on your weapons but if you have the witching hour, then you'll want to go with two weapons instead of the 2 handed Skorn. Your Skorn should have at least 300+ strength, either attack speed, Life Steal OR 150+ vitality, and at least 170% critical hit damage with a stocket.

If you go with two weapons, at least one should have life steal if not both, both NEED to have at least 80% Critical hit damage and a socket and both should have 150+ strength and vitality as a bonus. Lastly, at least one of those weapons will need to be a mace or an axe in your characters right hand to get the critical hit chance bonus from one of the bellow listed passive skills.

Your passive skills will need to be Ruthless and Weapon Master for the Critical hit chance bonuses and your third will most likely be blood thirst for the life steal.

As for your active skills, you can just google the various barb build options and pick what you want from what others are using. :) If you look at me, I'm using a WW skill build although right now my skills are based on low MP xp runs rather than MP10 uber boss runs hunting for Hellfire Ring ingredients.

That Mempo of Twilight you mentioned would be 2 billion easily by itself....
Reply Quote
the direction of character progression has been split to two, pve and pvp, albeit the pvp side is still in its infancy. you should decide on what you want to do with your character. if money is of no object then have a look at these guys:

http://www.diabloprogress.com/rating.stat_dps_unbuffed/class.barbarian/

copy the ones with the highest dps AND ehp :D
Edited by Riffmaster#1749 on 1/18/2013 5:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
Both of my barbs cake walk MP10 and can easily do MP10 Ubers I had/have about ~300-500m put into both of them. So spending billions of gold on items so make an easy time easier is just overkill in my opinion.
Reply Quote
01/18/2013 06:32 AMPosted by Tsweezy
Both of my barbs cake walk MP10 and can easily do MP10 Ubers I had/have about ~300-500m put into both of them. So spending billions of gold on items so make an easy time easier is just overkill in my opinion.

on what account? lmao
Reply Quote
Did you even look at my gear before you giggle? My current set up is just me trying to get higher Para with a little MF. Why must I explain what is so obvious....
Reply Quote
hahaha its obviously not obvious ya turd
Reply Quote
Unlimited money, and a gear spending spree kinda defeats the purpose of a dungeon crawler where you collect gold and gear. :P

Lets go straight to mp10 and get bored in a week.
Reply Quote
01/18/2013 06:32 AMPosted by Tsweezy

If you're going to post how glorious your barb is then at least have on the gear you're talking about. It is of no help to the OP to see your XP farming gear.
Reply Quote
@OP

At least with a barb, since its all I know, you need to pick a playstyle first. Then you gear for that playstyle. If you go all out on a 2h HOTA build and you hate it, your gonna be kicking yourself. A 4+ crit / 150+ str mempo and a good IK chest, pretty much work with any build. After that you have to gear to your build for best results. My gear cost a decent amount but I dont consider it great compared to most barbs on this forum. But it works very well with my playstyle. I swing a skorn fast, and as long as I have 1-2 enemies to rend I can almost stand in anything.

My gear and build is not the most efficient or powerful, not even close. But for me its the most fun to play with. Also my IK chestpice sucks, so when I said before to look for one, look for one with much better stats then mine.
Edited by Doughnut#1452 on 1/18/2013 9:19 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]