Diablo® III

Gear Help

So I'm getting pretty close to breaking 100k dps and honestly once I get all my gems upgraded then I will most likely be over but I would really appreciate some help with gearing better. Suggestions, what I should look for, etc. Money is not an impediment I can always get it when I need it. I feel like I've been bothering Piffle a lot recently and I've read several posts on gearing but when it comes to applying those ideas it's a bit hard for me. Either way I'd like to bother Piffle and my other monk friends less. Thanks!
Reply Quote
Well your monk is not all that bad right now.

Just upgrade your Inna's helm, drop that int roll for some resist/lpss, Pants also, drop that armor roll for high vit. Inna's belt isnt that great either, consider a solid rare (100+ dex, 80 vit, double resist, % life) for massive EHP, or WH for DPS.

You might also also want to consider getting a solid Nat's set, but it would require at least 30M budget to beat your current rare set.

Bracers too, get one with 140 dex 140 vit 40 fire resist 5 cc.

Apart from that, slowly upgrade the other pieces to superior versions of themselves, you are on the right track.
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
My instant thought is you have very low HP/vit ._. You might look into a chest that will help you out there. I went with Inna's, even with losing res I gained eHP. The MR really helps too. Somehow I think you can do better in the Inna's Radiance category too, especially if budget really isn't an issue. That Int is taking up a valuable slot and you can get higher CC.

Use d3up (if you don't already) and read:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593742557

Helped me get clarification on applying some of the guides better.
Reply Quote
My suggestion for you next time you bump this is to state more clearly where your struggle is in terms of applying the ideas -- get more specific and I think people will be more than happy to give an explanation. As for right now, I have some general pointers:

(1) On first glance, your resists are low. If you are going to double stack resists, make sure that they are decently rolled in each resist. Max elemental resist on gear is typically 60, while max all resist is 80. That means total max is 140 on any given item you can do this. I see some of your resists are double stacked at <80 (which you can truthfully combine to one AR <80 and get another more useful affix). That's inefficient gearing. So next time you upgrade, get something where each resist (or any stat for that matter) is >60% of max roll for the stat you want to emphasize. The closer to perfect roll, the better. That maximizes the affix you choose and it's generally a good thing.

(2) Maximize your random random affix in the legendaries/sets you choose to have. I typically would advise AGAINST getting a primary stat that isn't dex or vit. A case could be made for strength in place for armor, but if I'm going to get armor, I'd rather shoot for a higher roll. As an example, getting 60 STR on a vile ward is a wasted stat. Either get your primary elemental resist, or life% or SOMETHING more useful. Same with your Inna's helm and belt. You have only one random affix to choose from in your belt. Choose one that will be most useful to you - typically a useful EHP stat like primary resist >40 (cheap), all resist >60 (quite a lot more expensive) or vit (also very expensive. Also, the one random roll you have on Inna's pants should probably not be +armor. That provides very little mitigation in comparison to primary resist, all resist. A nice high vit roll would also be nice on the pants too if you want to go in a different direction

(3) Don't go all crazy for DPS and neglect EHP. 31K HP is too low. If you want to set yourself up for higher MPs, 40K HP is where you want to begin. Upgrade the gem in your helm and consider getting nice amethysts for your pants for a quick/easy upgrade of your HP.

As you know, use d3up.com or a good DPS/EHP spreadsheet to verify impact of potential purchases before you buy.

Good luck.
Reply Quote
View profile
My instant thought is you have very low HP/vit ._. You might look into a chest that will help you out there. I went with Inna's, even with losing res I gained eHP. The MR really helps too. Somehow I think you can do better in the Inna's Radiance category too, especially if budget really isn't an issue. That Int is taking up a valuable slot and you can get higher CC.

You do know where this can be found?
:)
=p
Reply Quote

You do know where this can be found?
:)
=p

Of course :P But since he has already read guides... :P
Reply Quote
You need new Vee Dubs. Thorns? Sacrifice 30-40 Dex and set yourself up with a nice Life%/Vit roll along with Fire Res (preferably >40). I got the VW's I'm wearing for around 6m. Prices are higher than that now, but given the gear you're wearing I shouldn't think 8-12m would kill you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]