Diablo® III

1h xbows atk spd buff to match xbow dps

I am so tired of all the DH hailing Manticore as the holy grail to DPS-ing.
Maybe blizzard can buff the base 1h xbow atk spd higher so that with 100% IAS, 1h xbow will leave Manticore attack speed in dust, not the current xbow 2 atk per sec vs 1h xbow 3.2 atk per second now. Blizzard says "build diversity" all the time but when the game's core mechanics is HEAVILY DPS oriented, shouldn't they give the players a little more types of attack? 1 hit super strong or super fast attack speed to cover up for their low damage???
Maybe you might say 3 attack per second is a lot, you are wrong. With the current situation, you wont even get to 90% damage of what the best xbow, the "holy grail" - Manticore is dishing out with the current Calamity shooting at 3 attack per second. Even if you do dual weild , with the totally retarded 1h xbow dual wield mechanics, you wont even get close to the Manticore + Deadman Legacy combo. Thus the Manticore holy grail.
I thought blizzard is supposed to promote build diversity. And I thought that the 1h xbow dual wield is supposed to be the trademark weapon of DH?? Why is it so retarded then??
I really dont get Blizzard, the trademark skill of DH , Rain of Vengence was retarded when released ( now fixed though, at least it is better when compared to when it was 1st released.) Now after long time of playing, 1h xbow dual wield mechanics is .. RETARDED. You lose all kinds of buffs and most of the time, not worth the lost. Try to pair it with DML, retarded DPS when compared to Manticore with DML.
I so dont get it, you make the trademarks of DH... retarded???????
The development team of D3 development team should all get fired.
Manticore users get 1 million++ damage from 1 hit and Calamity users' damage dont even add up to 1 million (1 hit from Manticore users) after firing 3 shots of crit!! How is that retarded????????
Not to mention the 100% crit damage loss you need to make up with the totally retarded 1h xbow dual wield mechanics that makes you lose all kinds of buffs.
Bliz, please do something about the damage / attack speed of 1h xbows.
Now 80% of the DHs are hailing Manticore as the "Holy Grail of DPS", totally retarded itemization I must say. That 1 extra hit is not enough to counter for the hight DPS by Manticore mind you. I spend so much effort in upping my atk speed only to have 3.xx attack per second that does not even half of what Manticore users are dishing out when Manticore users are crit damaging 1mil x 2 hit per second??
DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT
Reply Quote
China called, they want their wall back.
Reply Quote
High dps manticore with 2.65 attack speed is the answer
Reply Quote
1h xbow already has a considerably higher amount of APS and it's fine as it is.
Reply Quote
1h + quiver is at a good place dual wielding is not. I'd dual wield but it got seriously gimped with the introduction of the deadman's legacy, why give up all that ehp for dps that is only marginally better and sometimes even lower than I'd get with 1 hander plus quiver. They really need to make more competitive maybe introduce a new set or a passive geared towards dual wielding.
Reply Quote
The problem is, the attack speed xbow gain is not eough to compensate for the loss in damage in end game. You can just get a manticore and everything is fine. And if the user of Manticore plans to buff a little of its own attack speed to 2.0 attack per second, they can do it and the benefit is substantial. 3 atk per second is not really a big difference from 2 attack per second especially when your 3 shot Calamity total damage is lower that the 2 shot Manticore total damage. Not to mention you lose the 100% crit damage you can get on Manticore. People are happily going with Manticore 80% of the time. Check for the top players, I guarantee you can see 3/4 of the DH's using Manticore. coz the math is easy, 2 shot Manticore damage > 3 shot Calamity damage, 80% of the time. Ask them to use Calamity and you might get "meh" most of the time.
Edited by TenJou#1278 on 1/17/2013 8:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 08:56 PMPosted by TenJou
The problem is, the attack speed xbow gain is not eough to compensate for the loss in damage in end game. You can just get a manticore and everything is fine. And if the user of Manticore plans to buff a little of its own attack speed to 2.0 attack per second, they can do it and the benefit is substantial. 3 atk per second is not really a big difference from 2 attack per second especially when your 3 shot Calamity total damage is lower that the 2 shot Manticore total damage. Not to mention you lose the 100% crit damage you can get on Manticore. People are happily going with Manticore 80% of the time. Check for the top players, I guarantee you can see 3/4 of the DH's using Manticore. coz the math is easy, 2 shot Manticore damage > 3 shot Calamity damage, 80% of the time. Ask them to use Calamity and you might get "meh" most of the time.

having a socket in your calamity makes a huge difference also the higher crit helps nightstalker procs.
Reply Quote
@BurningJC007 agree. They should really do something about their trademark 1h xbow dual wield mechanics, especially it takes away so much and gives so little. Danetta's set is practically useless as the dual wield is so broken.
Reply Quote
why care about 'holy grail of DPS'?

i sacrifice a tonne of DPS for aesthetics and play style of my character.
just do what makes u happy and farm the MP it allows.
Reply Quote
When you are only looking at the dps created from shooting then you are not seeing the real benefit of a 1h xbow.

Look at how much damage you can potentially do in a minute with a 1h vs 2h.

with a 1h, you will build more hatred faster allowing you to spam those hatred sucking high dmg skills like cluster bombs or spike traps.
how many cluster bombs or spike traps can you throw down in a minute with a manticore vs with a calamity? now consider the cumulative damage cause by those secondary skills that you are better able to spam. also consider on hit effects will trigger more often when you are shooting more.

in a low mp setting where you want to one shot everything and move on, then a manticore is perfect, but in a higher mp setting where you need to actually have better access to your resources or heavy hitting but costly skills then a good calamity will better fit the role.

just imho
Reply Quote
I think some are too quick to dismiss dual wield. You might give up possibly 10% crit chance, but you can gain minimum 100% crit damage with a socket. I use Danetta's set and and can have 462% crit damage with certain arrangements of my gear. Archery's 10% crit chance for handbows makes up for the loss of crit chance from a quiver. 270% of that crit damage comes from my two weapons.
Reply Quote
01/19/2013 09:56 AMPosted by Mark1030
You might give up possibly 10% crit chance, but you can gain minimum 100% crit damage with a socket. I use Danetta's set and and can have 462% crit damage with certain arrangements of my gear. Archery's 10% crit chance for handbows makes up for the loss of crit chance from a quiver. 270% of that crit damage comes from my two weapons.

this has been hashed and re-hashed in the DW improvements thread but a 2soc manticore user has as much crit damage as you (say 462% for example) + 50% from archery, + 10%cc from the quiver
(you get ex 462% cd w 2 weapons + 10%cc from archery)
DW is definitely broken atm.

on-topic, I don't think 1h dps should be the same as 2h dps.
you have to weigh pros and cons and there has to be a sacrifice/difference somewhere.

you see it as "1h people have to sacrifice DPS for fast attack speed"
I can see that as "2h people have to sacrifice disc+hatred regen+tanking ability(shadow power) for some more damage"

if you put the 1h dps as high as the 2h weapons, the pros for 1h will outweigh 2h

o/
Reply Quote
you see it as "1h people have to sacrifice DPS for fast attack speed"
I can see that as "2h people have to sacrifice disc+hatred regen+tanking ability(shadow power) for some more damage"

This.

I am trying to switch from a manticore to a calamity, but to break 100k DPS with calamity is too expensive, and I don´t have much gold. Today, the cheapest way to get DPS is really the manticore + DML, but it cannot match a calamity+DML in survivability, resource regen and even low-MP clearing speed. I can make much faster clear times running 84k DPS with calamity than running 110k DPS with manticore.
Reply Quote
If you just leveled to 60 and bought a bunch of junk, please don't post in broken English.
Reply Quote
01/20/2013 05:21 PMPosted by Surrender
If you just leveled to 60 and bought a bunch of junk, please don't post in broken English.

@ Surrender : I do not know what point you are trying to make here. There are no broke English to me, at least to me. If you just wanna troll this post, I suggest you go somewhere else, I am sick of trollers already. I set this post up to see what people's opinion and how they stack against mine. If you are here to brag about your skills and your precious time in life you spent so long on this game, go somewhere else. This game is at core about gears. You can do what you do if you have the gear, not "Skill". That "skill" of yours is just an illusion brought forth by what you are wearing.
If you are trolling me, the OP, mind you the gears you checked up is just my "play toys" to allow to mow mp0 while having fun with dual wield. I have gears that allows me to perma-gloom and face-tank mob hits on mp5 while taking some hits from molten and desecrator and I am paragonlvl 33 mind you.

P/S:
To all posters, I just wanna see what opinion and ideas does people have on this 1h xbow attack speed topic, no more no less. And yes, I wanna whine at the same time too,please forgive me on that, I am just a mere human, not saint.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]