Diablo® III

Is BLZ going to nerf black weapons (calamity ... etc)?

As much as we want a reponse, it probably won't happen. Go look at the last few PTR "Known Issues" lists, and it probably has been listed for a while as the bug was in the game SINCE LAUNCH

For example: Patch 1.05 Known Issues (ths is LAST SEPTEMBER)
http://i.imgur.com/D0G1l06.png

The worry is the new gems will bring this issue MUCH more visibility because the gems will affect different weapons at much different levels, and may end up getting "fixed" eventually.

Personally, I expect nothing to happen, go live and Blue/Blizzard wait to see how the min-maxers react to the new gems and then nerf/buff accordingly. Would you expect anything else? ( http://i.imgur.com/Cn4sKCel.png - makes me believe they don't care or even know what is wrong with the affix )

Reference: www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=394340
Edited by Davlok#1847 on 1/21/2013 3:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ok! thanks to replace news in there context :)
Edited by digitalhyn#2328 on 1/21/2013 4:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah the problem is since the launch of the game i think but the thing is that they have to fix it now because if they delay it , it's going to be even worse because more of those bugged weapons will drop and more ppl will buy them then instead of 800 they will affect 1000 players.
Also if with fixing this they would lose 2000 players because they are mad i think that another 3000 will came back because the game will be better
Reply Quote
Here's my scenario:

Base White Weapon - Centurion Spear:
(209-214)-(310-320) Damage
1.2 Attacks per Second

My Rare Weapon - Standoff Slayer:
[726-1294 Damage]
+284 Min Damage
+388 Max Damage
+46% Damage
Listed DPS: 1211.5

Rolled Base Spear:
213-320 (only 1 min dmg short of best roll, hooray?)
+ Min/Max Damage
497-708
+ % Damage
725.62-1033.68
Average Damage Should Be: 879.65
DPS Should Be: 1055.58

Rolled Base Spear + Black Weapon Bug:
213-320
+ Min/Max Damage
497-886 <=== BUG! (Max = 497 + 388 + 1 instead of 320 + 388)
+ % Damage
725.62-1293.56 <=== Matches listed damage on Standoff Slayer w/rounding
Average Damage Is: 1009.59
DPS Shown Is: 1211.508 <=== Perfect Match

TL:DR - If this change actually happens, I lose 12.87% of my DPS.
F--- that...
Edited by jansenmd#1564 on 1/22/2013 1:32 PM PST
Reply Quote

If the min bonus is meant to be applied twice, then a ring with [+10 min] and [+10 max] rolls should be equivalent to a ring with [+10 to 20] roll. Is this correct?

Yes.

That is why sometimes we have weapons that have less maximum than minimum.

Example:

+20 Minimum Damage
+10 Maximum Damage

This really means +20-30 Damage.
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 11:25 AMPosted by BubbaGump
if they nerf the damage.. just run a marquis ruby .. that will over correct any nerf :)

My Skorn doesn't have two sockets, so I'm still losing 90% CD, so it's a net loss, not an over correction... unless Rubies are completely OP /shrug
Reply Quote
This just in from Vaeflare:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593743038?page=15#294
Edited by Iria#1342 on 1/22/2013 1:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
Cool now they can remove about 300% monster HP from MP8-MP10

We do our best to ensure that we alert the community in advance of game changes (just like we did for the Legendary Item Improvements), and in this particular case, I wanted to jump in to reassure everyone that “black weapons” (i.e. weapons with the MinMaxDamage Affix) are not going to be nerfed in patch 1.0.7, and we have no plans going forward to nerf them.

Known Issues are just that, bugs that we know about. They are NOT necessarily bugs that are going to be fixed. The MinMaxDamage bug has been a bug known to us since July of last year, however, we did not want to fix a bug that would effectively nerf a large number of existing weapons. That’s why we did not fix the bug in any previous patch that we've released since the bug was found, nor are we fixing it in patch 1.0.7. Currently, the plan is that at such a time that we address the bug, the bug fix will only apply to newly created items, so as to not adversely affect existing items.

Not cool.
This means people who play without AH can't legitimately obtain the obviously better version of that item. This is not good for diablo3's future. Blizzard really needs to grow some balls.
Edited by Techies#1508 on 1/22/2013 1:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
Finally we can rest in peace with this argument.. told ya all they can't nerf the current existing ones that ppl have payed huge amount for. Better hurry and get ur godly black weapons now b4 it's too late!
Reply Quote
Sometimes blizzard are making bad decisions and this is 1 of them ... Then they ask themselves why so many players quit the game and why other many players are saying that the game suck ... and its not worth buying.Srsly this is a really bad decision even if they would have nerfed the black dmg those weapons which were the best in eu - for example the echo with 1300 dmg and 100% with a socket will be still the best because of all the echos would have been nerfed not only those with high dmg ... Srsly blizzard think with that head thats why GOD gave it to us to think with it.
Edited by aLi3n#2518 on 1/22/2013 6:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 06:15 PMPosted by aLi3n
Sometimes blizzard are making bad decisions and this is 1 of them ... Then they ask themselves why so many players quit the game and why other many players are saying that the game suck ... and its not worth buying.Srsly this is a really bad decision even if they would have nerfed the black dmg those weapons which were the best in eu - for example the echo with 1300 dmg and 100% with a socket will be still the best because of all the echos would have been nerfed not only those with high dmg ... Srsly blizzard think with that head thats why GOD gave it to us to think with it.

you don't even play. shut up.
Reply Quote

you don't even play. shut up.

I play in eu ... but there wasn't any thread in the forum like this one so i wrote here.
Edited by aLi3n#2518 on 1/22/2013 8:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
its funny to see people actually spend time doing calculations and crying over a terrible game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]