Diablo® III

Updated: Your favorite and least favorite random event?

01/18/2013 01:35 PMPosted by Wittster
Least favorite event is the blacksmith in keeps1, because it takes forever I always skip it.

And you should skip it. The mobs don't even give experience. Some event give experience others don't. It's really mind boggling. It's not like you can just stand there and get an infinite numbers of mobs to spawn.

Jar of souls (and all other similar events for that matter) need to have the number of mobs scale up with each difficulty.

I like the matriarch's bones and blaze of glory. Not a big fan of crazy climber "I'm just a sc--"
Reply Quote
Jar of Souls is on point. It is by far my favorite. Maybe add elites once you get to some insane kill count.
Reply Quote
01/19/2013 04:36 PMPosted by ChangBooster
Least favorite event is the blacksmith in keeps1, because it takes forever I always skip it

01/19/2013 04:36 PMPosted by ChangBooster
The mobs don't even give experience

u know u can press spacebar to skip the conversation, and the skeletons do give experience, not sure if it is only masaccre bonus or full, but those will keep spawning in similar way than the jar of souls, the faster u kill the more u will get until the time is over.
Reply Quote
01/19/2013 09:07 PMPosted by XZero
Least favorite event is the blacksmith in keeps1, because it takes forever I always skip it

The mobs don't even give experience

u know u can press spacebar to skip the conversation, and the skeletons do give experience, not sure if it is only masaccre bonus or full, but those will keep spawning in similar way than the jar of souls, the faster u kill the more u will get until the time is over.

Um, from my personal experience, act 3 skeleton spawning from that event does not give XP --- only the purple one does.
Reply Quote
01/18/2013 02:08 PMPosted by DaemonSadi
Jar of souls. The endless waves of monsters is probably the most fun event in the game, hands down. I would love to see more events like it, especially ones with multiple and longer waves. I have always been a fan of the endless dungeons, and endless wave formats.

Same here, Jar of souls is the best event in the game.
Reply Quote
getting to save my buddy "Crispy" he is so upbeat.

returning "Crispy" to help his sergeant but poor "Crispy" is so burnt up the ole Sarg doesn't even recognize one of his lads are still alive. :(
Reply Quote
I just checked an old video of Diablo 3.

I'm sure a lot of you have seen this video a lot, maybe too much, but here it is again. Now, I'm not really here to compare it with the Alpha or whatsoever. Well, maybe just a little. I want you to pay attention to "monster density". I know it was all staged to show us the game, but still...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HEvThjiE038

Here are a few things that caught my attention!

• Lots of Ghoul. I mean, there's an overwhelming number of them trying to kill the Barbarian.
  • Those "Harvesters" (guys that explode) sends about twice as much "things" at you than in the current game
  • After defeating the Siegebreaker, there's an overwhelming number of skeleton that spawns from those demonic portals!
    People usually want to kill a lot of monsters. What's best than having a random event spawn more monsters than they can handle on their own? In the upcoming patches, they really should consider spicing some events up by adding a lot more mobs to them.
    Reply Quote
    A wider variety of random events will not help this game. Complex multi boss fights (like the ubers) would help if the reward wasn't something as laughable as the hellfire ring. All your fixes eventually get ruined by inherently bad itemization. 100% of your efforts right now should be on introducing new legendary items (and affixes) that encourage build diversity ANNNNND changing crafting to be both a gold sink and a means of upgrading existing weapons slowly over time to suit different unique builds.
    Reply Quote
    Jar of souls could go on for half an hour without me getting bored.
    Reply Quote
    In fact, i like any event which involves some unusual activity and gives you resp. chest in the end. Wile some quests just have an elite-like monster loot (like that skeleton invasion in Keep lvl1), opening the chest is just somehow more appealing.

On the other hand, there are a lot of unique monsters you can meet (like the harvester-like mob in dalghur oasis), who are just completely useless to kill. I'd personally like to add some difficulty to those unique mobs and make events out of them - with chest reward in the end.
    Reply Quote
    Jar of souls by far, the only problem with it is that it's not long enough.

I don't particularly dislike any of the other events just because there not really memorable.
    Reply Quote
    01/18/2013 02:08 PMPosted by DaemonSadi
    Jar of souls. The endless waves of monsters is probably the most fun event in the game, hands down. I would love to see more events like it, especially ones with multiple and longer waves. I have always been a fan of the endless dungeons, and endless wave formats.

By far the best event Now just an idea but ...what if u added waves of it not just skelly's but after the 1st timer 1 of 3 1st) skelly's 2nd) ghosts With a 30 sec increase 3) elites and a 45 sec increase
    Reply Quote
    01/19/2013 12:04 PMPosted by Alcovitch
    There aren't enough of them

It is not that there aren't enough of them...it is that their reward is not good enough or the event is not interesting enough. If I had to pick which of those two is of more value, I would pick the second: an interesting event makes the game more entertaining to play and is therefore, of greater value to the game. A better reward only makes farming more efficient, and has no effect on a player who gotten bored of farming.
    Reply Quote
    I´d love to see an event that spawn infinite number of mobs to kill. Waves and waves of mobs that you get increasingly stronger ay each spawn. Then the stronger you are the stronger you would mange to keep in the event until the monster became stronger then you and you die.
    Reply Quote
    Jar of Souls is my favorite, very easily. Small area, mass spawn? Exp & drops by them all? This thing's only problem is that IT'S TOO F*%@ING SHORT!!! >=D

....don't know what my "least favorite" is....probably Crumbling Vault thing because you have to run through most of it and not get any kills/loot, which kinda makes it "get loot, exp, some elite packs, OR beat the event". How useless is that?
    Reply Quote
    My favorite random event is getting loot. My least favorite random event is identifying that same loot and it being bad...which is 99% of the time.
    Reply Quote
    I like the events but I feel that they are to short, 1 or 2 min. max.
    I think larger side quests are needed, adding new areas and a little more randomization on maps, some programming techniques can be used like mirror or rotating angle with specifical points, changing the straight line we are familiar with it’s so important, I miss that feeling of taking a waypoint and ask myself should I go down? up? left? right? , changing paths make the game more interesting, new places with some special bosses I don’t know, I think more map diversity is needed :)
    Reply Quote
    I wish there were more events like the jar of souls: (there could have been more waves and a mini bossfight at the end).

I like events like lair of the lacuni or a miners gold the least: very few monsters to fight and almost no reward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HEvThjiE038

I really like this video too.
    Also the siegebreaker fight in the end looks awesome.

The events I like most are those were you get to kill a lot of monsters + there is some reward in it.
    Reply Quote
    There's this event in the fields of misery where you clear some borrowers off a farm and the farmer takes you in to "meet" his "wife". It's my favorite for all the cheesy puns.

"My wife handles the business side of things, she's got a good head on her shoulders."
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]