Diablo® III

I will admit it Path Of Exile is Horrible!!!

Please note my post is my opinion alone and I do not expect everyone to agree with me since everyone has different taste and preferences but I will state my case.

Thank god I didn't pay $10 for that beta key and got it free.

I played it for a few days and its just horrid.

First it starts off epic, stranded on the beach rain storm with lighting striking and producing epic dynamic shadows better than even that of doom 3.

Then the rain stops and you never see that effect again for the rest of the game.

You go down in caves and you realize how outdated the graphics are. But all of that I could live with I mean graphics don't exactly make games.

What I cannot stand is the horrid character animation the characters look like they have arthritis. There is no substance when attacking a enemy it feels like some fake atari game.

The so called impressive skilled tree web looked impressive at first until I realize I wasted my points leveling bow and arrow for my tank. I mean I was going strength until i realized it was more effective to use a bow and arrow on your tank than level str points and go melee and then you realize enemies are jumping on you later on so now and arrows are useless.

By now the damage has been done. Now I can appreciate Diablo3 for what it is and thank god I don't have to waste time on skill tree and its done automatic.
Now the other issue, there is no flag for your party members like there is in Diablo 3. So you cannot just simply teleport to your friends it don't work like that you must manually run and find your friends BWAHAHAHAHA. Are these people for real?
There is no floating names about your friend's head so you cannot even locate your friend in camp LOL and it has a ton of people in camp that is not even in your party. When my friend had to deal with this frustration he left in under 10 minutes and uninstalled it.

The people who are making this game loves to brag about them being hardcore ARPG fans but they lack customer service skills. Its not about what you want its about customers want and trust me customers do not want that. That hardcore ARPG design is annoying and a massive inconvenience in this day and age. Diablo 2 was good for its time but its horrid in this present time. POE is one of the worst Diablo 2 knock offs I have ever seen.

You have never seen such a slow and boring snoozefest in your life. The game it self looks like a 2001 lord of the rings game that I had on my PS2 except the graphics on that was better and animations were light years ahead.

All I have noticed about POE is in their general chat every sentence is how Diablo 3 sucks and there is no Blizzard if there is no Blizzard North etc.

The game is bad and can get boring quickly. Its an interesting game but feels way to boring and lonely.

Admittedly Diablo 3 isn't exactly the fun now as it use to be when I first got it. It has gotten a little stale and boring also but with RMAH I can still farm for my lottery jackpot legendary that I may never get. So RMAH gives me a reason to keep playing D3. POE its just bad in my opinion.

Character animation really killed it for me with their arthritis simulation.

I now see the lead developer for POE is a clown when he said games today their art are too much like cartoon and that he has the solution. Making it look realistic.

I conclude he is clueless about what is great art. No one has mastered great art like Blizzard and Valve. He is right about one thing though great art isn't cartoon but at the same time it isn't photo realistic.

Great art is Diablo 3 and Team Fortress 2
Edited by JOHN#12280 on 1/15/2013 11:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
I disagree with pretty much everything you said. The RMAH is the #1 thing that ruined Diablo 3, I don't see how you could possibly see it as a way to make Diablo 3 better. Maybe if you're one of those "don't wanna farm, just wanna buy with mommy's credit card" people.

Most people bashing PoE played it a long time ago and it has steadily improved. To those people I can just say: Try it again when open beta starts and do a full playthrough of the first difficulty, testing the new act 3, etc.

I find Path of Exile graphics superior to Diablo 3's, and it's not just because it's darker and anti-cartoon. It truly does look better, and after playing for quite a long time I did not get bored of the graphics. The lighting is superb and that never gets old.

Diablo 3 has great art, but everything is static. You go past the entrance to the Festering Woods, and every single time everything is the same. Trees don't change, they don't even move.

I had no problem with PoE's character animation either. Regardless, you need to remember that it's still in beta, and will steadily improve over time. Over the last 2 months they have improved PoE more than Blizzard has improved D3 all the way up to patch 1.0.6

Another thing to note: PoE feels sluggish/slow at the start. This is intentional. They designed it that way to give players a sense of progression as their characters gained strength and speed.

The skill tree is problematic from one point of view - in that you can't go into it blindly. You need to look at a few guides or builds others have created. Once you've seen the main points to look for, you don't need to keep glancing back at a guide, you can do your own thing. It becomes pretty much self explanatory. If you make a few mistakes there are respec points.
Reply Quote

The so called impressive skilled tree web looked impressive at first until I realize I wasted my points leveling bow and arrow for my tank. I mean I was going strength until i realized it was more effective to use a bow and arrow on your tank than level str points and go melee and then you realize enemies are jumping on you later on so now and arrows are useless.

I don't see your point here. If you were in the early levels you could easily start over and do it right. You could have avoided issues by learning about the game a little in the forums before jumping in. The game does give you respec points very generously so minor mistakes aren't hard to fix. If you leveled a lot and messed it up thats all on you. Not the games fault at all.

Now the other issue, there is no flag for your party members like there is in Diablo 3. So you cannot just simply teleport to your friends it don't work like that you must manually run and find your friends BWAHAHAHAHA. Are these people for real?

You really are making a big deal out of nothing. Flags in D3 were pretty cool for sure but Path of Exile is about as good. Your friend can easily pop a town portal if you just ask. POE is better in D3 in alot of ways concerning finding your friends. You don't have to launch a new game or anything. Just join someones party and like magic you are in their game. Much faster and easier. You can also use the way points to change difficulties instantly!

There is no floating names about your friend's head so you cannot even locate your friend in camp LOL and it has a ton of people in camp that is not even in your party. When my friend had to deal with this frustration he left in under 10 minutes and uninstalled it.

Again I really don't see the problem. Your friend on the map would in fact be a green X. But why do you need to see your friend in town anyway? When you leave town your friend continues to be an X on your map. You and your friend appear to get frustrated easily. You really should have played it a bit more.

The people who are making this game loves to brag about them being hardcore ARPG fans but they lack customer service skills. Its not about what you want its about customers want and trust me customers do not want that. That hardcore ARPG design is annoying and a massive inconvenience in this day and age. Diablo 2 was good for its time but its horrid in this present time. POE is one of the worst Diablo 2 knock offs I have ever seen.

Then please explain why POE's fanbase is made up of die hard D2 fans? Why are there nearly 200 hundreds diamond supports ($1000)?

You have never seen such a slow and boring snoozefest in your life. The game it self looks like a 2001 lord of the rings game that I had on my PS2 except the graphics on that was better and animations were light years ahead.

The graphics are very good for it being a beta and made by a group of less than 20 guys. I thought you said graphics didn't make a game?

The game is bad and can get boring quickly. Its an interesting game but feels way to boring and lonely.

I respect your opinion. My opinion was that D3 was majorly boring. I am having far more fun in POE.

Admittedly Diablo 3 isn't exactly the fun now as it use to be when I first got it. It has gotten a little stale and boring also but with RMAH I can still farm for my lottery jackpot legendary that I may never get. So RMAH gives me a reason to keep playing D3. POE its just bad in my opinion.

You stated nothing about POE there. POE has much better chances of hitting the jackpot. You have a chance to find the rarest orb in the game on the first act of normal. I HATED grinding for gold in D3.

I don't know why your rambling about art. Anyway, Blizzard killed the Diablo franchise.
[/quote]
Edited by stryker#1589 on 1/16/2013 1:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Please note my post is my opinion alone and I do not expect everyone to agree with me since everyone has different taste and preferences but I will state my case.

Mm, I've been giving out a few keys, hopefully not accidentally to you.

First it starts off epic, stranded on the beach rain storm with lighting striking and producing epic dynamic shadows better than even that of doom 3.

Then the rain stops and you never see that effect again for the rest of the game.

It rains in other zones. The shadows are amazing though. Zooming in actually kinda freaks me out at times, especially in the more scary areas.

You go down in caves and you realize how outdated the graphics are. But all of that I could live with I mean graphics don't exactly make games.

Not sure what you think's wrong with the caves. Don't like them because they're windy, narrow etc? Welcome to caves, I guess.

What I cannot stand is the horrid character animation the characters look like they have arthritis. There is no substance when attacking a enemy it feels like some fake atari game.

Ah, one of the people playing through without attack speed, movement speed etc. As far as I'm aware, both D2 and PoEs characters looked a little silly to start with, and as they found more gear etc, started moving a lot faster, and such animations weren't really noticeable. Try a duelist, a shadow, or any fast-cast/shoot build really.

Now you're starting to get silly. Did you never stop for a second and realize that using a bow and arrow wasn't really going to be too viable for a tank in the long-run, without a specifically planned build? How the devil are arrows ever better for tanks anyway? If you really don't like getting hit, I guess?

And what's wrong with rerolling? That's kinda a core concept of ARPGs. Learn from your mistakes instead of raging about the game because you're rubbish at the moment.

By now the damage has been done. Now I can appreciate Diablo3 for what it is and thank god I don't have to waste time on skill tree and its done automatic.

The damage has been done? How there's only rain in a couple zones, you don't like caves and you made woefully poor decisions whilst speccing your character? Fair enough. I'd hate the game too if I were you.

Step 1 - invite your friend to party through the friend system.

That's it, there are no more steps. Are you special?

They're dedicated to making a hardcore ARPG with customization and replayability. So, because they're not willing to cater to people with different goals in mind, they lack customer service skills? I'd call it something else. They lack retardation. If you don't like hardcore ARGPs, don't play them - it's that simple.

What level did you get to again? 5? I seem to remember my sorc in D2 being constantly oom and out of stamina for her first many levels.

Make it to level 20. That's at least like.. 2 hours of your time, or less! My duelists will start hitting faster than anything in D3 by around then. It's utterly absurd how fast you can move/attack with the right build/skill choices. D3 cannot even come CLOSE.

All I have noticed about POE is in their general chat every sentence is how Diablo 3 sucks and there is no Blizzard if there is no Blizzard North etc.

New people join all the time. Most of them have played and hated D3 - and when they join, what do they want to talk about first? How the game's an infinite improvement (for them, not you) over D3. And new people join every day, so it's brought up all the time.

Logic - how does it work..?

An interesting, boring, lonely game, where you can find game-names at the nearest noticeboard, join up, PvP, do hardcore races, chat in general/trade whenever you wish?

Mm. Seems legit.

Or you could work an extra hour at work and earn far more than your hundreds of hours spent grinding for that "jackpot". If that's what keeps you playing, I REALLY pity you. From the bottom of my heart.

Two words - attack speed. Feel it.

I now see the lead developer for POE is a clown when he said games today their art are too much like cartoon and that he has the solution. Making it look realistic.

I conclude he is clueless about what is great art. No one has mastered great art like Blizzard and Valve. He is right about one thing though great art isn't cartoon but at the same time it isn't photo realistic.

Wow, took me a long while to realize you were trolling.

10/10.
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 11:26 PMPosted by JOHN

You.....You definitely should not play games like this.....>Where did you ever consider that with a bow and arrow that strength would be the correct stat out of strength, DEXTERITY, and intelligence .......I mean seriously.....your fault....Then you proceed to tell us you built a Bow and arrow Tank......where and when have you ever seen a "Tank" use a bow and arrow....get a life and stick to d3 where you only get one good build per character......you wanna talk about bad games........Lets talk about D3.......I don't even have to say anything everyone know it blows dogs for quarters......whoever designed that game is dense.....and obviously never played D2......Atleast in d2 and Poe the maps change intensly.......you cant just mindlessly run bosses.....the only one you can is a tough sob so props if you can do Dominus on merciless.....any other difficulty is a waste of time to farm.

Basically though man .....I'm usually not so insulting but I'm glad you dont like the game..... I'm glad I dont have to end up with you in my party tanking with a bow......
Reply Quote

I'm a little flabbergasted by your opinion as this sounds completely more like inexperience rather than actual opinion. Get your friend to open a portal sheesh. If you've played Diablo 2 that should be familiar with you.

I'm not sure where that is a plus for Diablo 3. If it is automatic, it does not need to be presented to the player itself. Thus it involves adding clutter to your overall gameplay experience when you have 0 choice, as you stated yourself "it's done automatic". Your base stats literally have no meaning in Diablo 3. They should literally account for just the gear stats and various other equipment you have.

This is entirely contradictory, you're not even sure what you want to be. Bow and Arrow for your Tank. Read that aloud to yourself.

edit: you go on to say graphics don't make a game but most of what you described is graphics related. And you say Diablo 2 is horrible for present time. Diablo 2 is a legendary classic. Please excuse yourself from further "opinions" that contradict itself. You might as well have said Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past is !@#$ just because time went forward. As for hardcore ARPG gamers, sure I'm glad they're all on PoE, I'd rather have the casual stay on D3 if that was your argument. That way PoE can stay a niche game and D3 will go for lowest common denominator as bad as that sounds.

But in honest I'd prefer them both to stay on market so there's some kind of competition. But for validity, the game with experience penalty for dying is clearly more punishing and more challenging than the one without.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 3/13/2014 11:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You guys do realize you're talking to people from 2 months ago right?
Reply Quote
It's actually from over a year ago... lol

PoE rocks though, even so much better now than when this thread was originally made :)
Reply Quote
You guys do realize you're talking to people from 14 months ago right?

Fixed.
Reply Quote
PoE was suppose to be another WoW killer. lol
Reply Quote
PoE is awesome, even if I'm a !@#$%^-*!iac for saying so.

The vast array of options that form the basis of your character is what makes PoE so special.

I started playing it 6 weeks ago for the first time. I like it so much, I'm not even remotely considering buying Reaper of Souls.

Maybe in 6 months when it costs $20 I'll pick it up.

In the end, enjoy whichever game you prefer, it is not a contest. Still plenty of ppl playing PoE even though RoS came out just a cpl days ago.

There will still be plenty of ppl playing RoS even when the content is stale and needing an update.

One last note, 6 weeks now I've been playing PoE constantly, total money spent $0.

I'm going to spend money on it soon, mainly because I feel it is worth it.

That definitely beats spending $60 for the original Diablo 3 release and then feeling as if you were duped afterwards.

Especially the blatant lie during beta testing where they stated they had an 'optimized' internal build that no longer suffered from the stuttering that everybody was complaining about. Foolishly, I paid $60 and found out I had to spend more money for a thumb drive or SSD.

Live and learn baby!
Reply Quote
03/28/2014 07:04 AMPosted by DornoDiosMio
it is not a contest.
but if it was, D3 would lose.
Reply Quote
I play and love PoE!
Reply Quote
why do people always bring up the graphics as to why they think PoE is terrible. What ever happened to actual game play? PoE has far far more build diversity and character customization. Plus their end game is also better because you can adjust stuff like ***MOB DENSITY*** BLIZZARD PLS READ!!!!

Seriously did people honestly think a game made by player funding was going to look as good and polished as something made by Blizzard. Thats like building a car in your garage and expecting it to run like a Ferrari. If GGG had infinite money like Blizzard the game would be 10x better. If the graphics were cutting edge and there was no desync it would be the perfect ARPG

The game play is a bit more hardcore. I think only like 10 people ever reach max level during each 4 month league. Also the harder maps are actually hard and death has meaning even on scrubcore. Dying a few times can mean an entire day of EXP lost. The bosses in PoE will also *!!#%%@* your face in higher difficulties. I havent tried the new expansion boss but Dominius was just a *!!#%%@* machine. Think Inferno Belial before nerfs.

Its just a different game for a different audience of hardcore players. Just read these forums and see how much entitlement is going around where people expect to be able to do Torment in blues simply because they paid $40 for RoS. Is it any wonder they all hate a game that is actually pretty challenging?
Edited by Dabrixmgp#1694 on 4/7/2014 2:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
poe makes my eyes bleed. its free because its crap.

you need to spend time in trade chat (aka auction house for poe) to get your gear. everyone whined about the auction house, but poe fans sure love to trade their items, it makes farming gear pointless... just get enough currency and buy your item with real cash or in game. depends on the type of player.

there seems to be a trend on the internet late from gamers that blizz lost its strength in all of its games, its like the cool thing to hate on blizz... why? because their games are better? call me a fanboy but i much prefer ros than poe.

poe fans are all about trade, pretentious hardcore and "its free, omg my poor self can afford it"
Reply Quote
I don't hate the game, its actually fun. It's barter system is mediocre and I'd rather find my own gear which is what I do. Graphics wise its good for an action rpg. Then again I prefer Torchlight 2's style of D3's and D3's is definitely the most flashy and detailed of all the action rpg's out there.

I hated POE's final fantasy system at first but I'm ok with it now, I just recently really started to play the game(barely) so I'm getting used to things. Its not my most played game but its something I may be willing to invest time and money in soon. They have pets for sale dangit, blizzard needs to do that, they are a must for these types of games whether they have a function or not!!!!!

RoS is probably going to be the one I end up playing the most in the end though. It is a fun game.
Reply Quote
04/07/2014 02:51 PMPosted by Dabrixmgp
why do people always bring up the graphics as to why they think PoE is terrible. What ever happened to actual game play? PoE has far far more build diversity and character customization.

Besides which, there's nothing wrong with the look of PoE. It's not as glossy as D3, because they didn't have as much money to throw as the game's visual elements, but all of their artistic choices work perfectly to create and sustain the game's atmosphere, of which PoE has loads, and D3 near to none at all (at least in acts I - IV; I have no intention of dropping money on RoS). People complaining about PoE's look just haven't played it since early in beta -- which is probably the case with the OP, since this thread dates back to January of 2013....

I can load up PoE, and totally lose four hours without even noticing. The only time I was ever able to do that with D3 was last summer, when the monster density was turned all the way up, and Blizzard's now taken that out the game. I'm not saying that PoE is for everyone, because it's not, but if you love some RPG in your ARPG, it's definitely worth trying. And if you only ever tried it early in the open beta, and haven't been back since the game actually went live (and won PC GOTY), then you really should try it again... if you don't mind a little complexity in your monster slaying. The Sacrifice of the Vaal content is a ton of fun.
Reply Quote
PoE looks better than D3 anyway. Everything in D3 is blurry as hell and lacks detail. D3 has better skill animations but that's about it.
Reply Quote
As somebody who has only just come to PoE (in the last 2 weeks) and somebody who has enjoyed D1, D2, D3 and RoS, I must say I love PoE in almost every way. It brings back some of the build characteristics that I loved in D2, and the thing I love most is the Leagues.

Even though I haven't quite completed Act 3 as yet, I have started up characters to run through some of the speed runs, which has been fantastic for trying to improve myself. I also feel that it is a game of skill (choices lead to better/worse outcomes in the longterm of the build) where D3 is very much just as JB HiFi sell it: "Keep clicking until Diablo appears".

I love D3, not sure that RoS was worth the money I paid (I went with Collectors Edition for both). What drew me to PoE was first that it was Diablo2-like, and secondly it was Free. I have enjoyed it enough that I've paid for a Supporter pack, and that was after less than a week of playing (I only get a few hours here and there due to commitments to my family).

In all, I enjoy both games, and I'll be in a better place to judge the replayability of PoE once I've completed the main story, but for the moment the new experiences and different play style have me captivated. I still need to get my Crusader up to Level 70 in RoS, and it will have to wait until I have at least finished PoE.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]