Diablo® III

Dominate pvp...

Did some dueling the other day, and I was dominating people in uber gear. Paragon level 90+ types, it was embarrassing.

Killed them 3 on 1 at times...

Here is the build I used: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bgYTUi!aWe!acbcaZ

logic with the build was, spiders seek out targets along with spirit barrage manitou, so I can focus on running away like a pansy and keeping hex between me and the target.

It was a lot of fun, I really underestimated how much I could like dueling...
Reply Quote
Gotta use haunt!

Otherwise nice build.

Legacy Nats Demon Hunters still trump witch doctors though... (from my experience at least) - everyone else is pretty easy.

WD vs. WD is my fav by far :)
Reply Quote
ya i was testing to see if garg would enrage against Players...

after a few tests i switched to the build on my WD now, and wow... just wow.

i love my WD again!!!!!

i was fighting against high caliber players, 400k dps wizard, 2mil EHP barb, some plvl80 DH, and my wd was just stomping the #^&@ outta them
Reply Quote
My Pet doctor is going to be great then , can't wait to try.
Reply Quote
Witch doctors own all in PvP.

WoS deals with almost everyone, and haunt is great for pesky DHs (the only real threat). Hex, stun grarg, SW, SV...all absolutely amazing atm.

PtV is also great again!
Reply Quote
I was also dominating heavily geared players last night. It seems the WD was tailor made for PvP. We've got so many skills that make us a pain in the butt to fight...it got to the point where they were ganging up on me trying to kill me and I still handed them their arses lol

But before everyone starts going too crazy, i did have 2 encounters that were tough fights.

1) a 400k wiz using storm armor
2) a DH with legacy nats

They were tough, but not insurmountable with good tactics

And the other thing that you have to love are the number of barbs that declined my invites. WD may be the forgotten class, but we are going to be tough in PvP
Reply Quote
But before everyone starts going too crazy, i did have 2 encounters that were tough fights.

1) a 400k wiz using storm armor
2) a DH with legacy nats

Both can be owned by hitting with haunt and retreating with SW. Glass cannon builds get destroyed by good DoT spells.
Reply Quote
Anyone try'd plague of toad - toad of hugeness?
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 08:55 AMPosted by Chamelukaon
Anyone try'd plague of toad - toad of hugeness?

doesnt work
Reply Quote

2) a DH with legacy nats

Both can be owned by hitting with haunt and retreating with SW. Glass cannon builds get destroyed by good DoT spells.

also doesnt work if they actually have legacy nats. smoke screen cancels haunt and its dot.
Reply Quote
what is legacy nats mean? The old nats 4 piece bonus?

Had fun with dueling myself... melee classes seemed the easiest to fight against (more so barbs than monks, in my hour of playing so far). Storm armor hits HARD and DH's hungering arrow, coupled with their defensive's (smoke screen) and their "pet" (the shooting arrow one... forgot the name... its stationary, like Hydra).

I was using the Grin Reaper mask (have open socket / crit). Found it very useful... had GotD and sometimes my skellies would summon other GotD's.
Reply Quote
I was owning Ubers Gear-Ups with 60K stun/fear/freeze build.
Reply Quote
I had a lot of fun with Hex/Bears (yes, I also equipped a bunch of ranged skills). I'm sure I wasn't going up against players with the best tactics, but I had a good laugh doing the following a couple of times:

- Stand still and pretend I'm not paying attention
- Barb runs up to get the easy kill
- I pop Hex and one-shot with Bears

Good times... I do hope they reduce overall damage in PVP arena to make the fights last longer though.
Edited by BigRed#1100 on 1/16/2013 9:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
Good times... I do hope they reduce overall damage in PVP arena to make the fights last longer though.

With the removal of rez timers, I dont mind how it is right now. Not really keen on watching two uber ehp geared toons bashing each other all day till one of them cramps a finger lol. Too bad they couldnt just think of a way to let us go 2v2. Maybe just have it so the first 2 that go in is a team, then the next 2 is a team. Or have 2 separate npcs. etc
Reply Quote
I, too, was having fun.

Serenity on Monks is kind of hard. DH is also kind of hard. But, at least we aren't the worst!

HURRAY FOR FINALLY NOT BEING LAST!!!!!
Reply Quote
underrated in farming before, now we rule the PVP

im just happy that i never quit WD after being told that we are the weakest class

i hope blizzard will never nerf us WD,
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 09:00 AMPosted by ChuckNorris
also doesnt work if they actually have legacy nats. smoke screen cancels haunt and its dot.

I thought smoke screen just prevents haunt from landing. But if you've already hit them and they smoke screen, haunt is still in effect. Is this not the case?

I've been spamming haunt and retreating and it seems to work really against powerful DH.
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 07:54 PMPosted by Trefnwyd

I thought smoke screen just prevents haunt from landing. But if you've already hit them and they smoke screen, haunt is still in effect. Is this not the case?

I've been spamming haunt and retreating and it seems to work really against powerful DH.

Haunt tracks them while they are in SS. When/If it goes down it hits.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#gZYVUi!eha!ZZaZaZ

i use this build really solid for pvp!
Reply Quote
Enjoy it while it lasts. Bliz hates WDs and will nerf the eff out of us until Jay Wilson's class is best again.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]