Diablo® III

pvp: wd vs good barbs

Any idea what is the best strategy vs all these top geared barbs for pvp?
I mean people with 100k hp, life regen, 10k armor, block, tons of resist, and 150K dps who use rend? Oh and abour 3k+ life regen on top of it.
Most of them use ik set + unforgiving setup, so they have 100% marathon sprint uptime, and still gain some fury.
I found that people play duels with certain rules vs barb. If wd uses hex (which means perma stunned barb), barbs are allowed to use wotb (dodge rune, unkillable and unstoppable).
So either hex vs wotb, or hex and wotb banned.

Problems I find in this encounter is, that even with really good dps (300k+) they can tank it and regen no problem.. With ignore pain they heal through hardest critting haunt.
They can tank enormous amounts of damage, move faster than wd (permanently), their rend acts like haunt, so we are easily screwed by it, even if used spirit walk.
Basically such barb rushes at you, you can't escape cause he is faster, you can't burst kill it because they easily tank it. They leap, throw with stun, so zombie barrier doesn't help. Just catch you with rend, gg.
Edited by aerial#2212 on 1/18/2013 9:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
if fights longer than 2min. perhaps fetish ambush will make a comeback at pvp?
Reply Quote
It more like 15-20s max. You can't run too long vs target that moves faster than you.
Reply Quote
i guess either try increase burst dmg with gears/skills or increase ehp with regen so they can't one shot you; their dps must be low with all that ehp.
Reply Quote
run around walls and cheese him with SB ftw.

works 60% of the time... everytime.
Reply Quote
View profile
I would say go hex vs wotb. Their wotb will run out... hex really never does since the uptime is almost what the cd is. Get some slow spells to use (medusa spiders, slow haunt, unbreakable grasp) to make it so he can't really reach you while in WotB and hex him when the WotB is in cooldown?

I havnt tried it but seems it could work.
Reply Quote
Well if you survive wrath, you win, because barb gets perma turned into pig. BUt really not easy to survive.
I don't die to 1 rend btw, not always at least. But they can reapply it easily.
As for the damage, not sure you can do much, I got really high dps, and it is just no way to kill barb fast enough, you got to wear them down.
Spirit barrage through walls is good strategy vs monks, but barbs run faster :( I guess slowing spiders + grasp and just annoy the !@#$ out of them around these walls.
Also rend becomes a problem due to its range.
Reply Quote
run around walls and cheese him with SB ftw.

works 60% of the time... everytime.

Exactly. I do the same. Run around the walls and wait until WoTB warn off. Then just perma hex and thats it.

I made some pvps yesterday against hi lvl barbs with 100K+ HP and this works. Not every time, but it works.
Reply Quote
Life link dogs, Horrify, and ditching them in SW will get you through WotB. Frightening Aspect will save you from Rend. Dogs act as a nice distraction so you can ghost out of there and make him run around the map trying to find you. My favorite place to ditch WotB barbs is the planter on the far left side of the map.

Coincidentally, that planter, as well as the fountain in the center of the map are the best places to kite Monks so they can't tele to you. I've had some hilarious chases with Monks. It's like Han Solo in the Death Star running after all the storm troopers and then they turn around and chase him back.
Reply Quote
I don't know man.
If you are talking about duel vs wotb.
They have PERMANENT marathon rune. 50% movement? (assuming both have gear ms capped that is extra 50%). And another 20% from wotb.
Dodge berserk makes them absolutely immortal. You can't scratch them with this dodge chance on top of their godly stats and regen. They catch me easily lol. If I want hide behind wall, barb can literally run circles around me, while I'm trying to move, his movement advantage is so big.
And no cc, nor slow works against them during wotb.

Imo much easier to play bvs wotb and hex banned. Then you can hite them with slowing spiders and grasp, haunt can provide another slow.
Reply Quote
Hmm, maybe I've only done PVP with Barbs who don't know what they're doing? If I'm allowed to use Hex, I like my chances... I've had great battles with all the classes (other than barbs, who usually leave in frustration after a few minutes).

Anyway, if Hex is out of the equation, try Medusa spiders + Haunt.
Edited by BigRed#1100 on 1/18/2013 10:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
dont worry guys im on it

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593623189#1
Reply Quote
View profile
LOL nice work chuck :) With Jay Wilson gone... perhaps your wish will be granted.
Reply Quote
Hahaha. Chuck, that's awesome.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592802506
Reply Quote
View profile
there is no doubt that WOTB is the barb's goto skill...however, it has a really long cooldown. So it is hilarious reading some posts about barbs who play for 15 secs, then they go to town for 105 seconds

I'm not worried. WD still is one of the best PvP classes. We were tailor made for this

And I fully expect that once there are some *adjustments*, the final patch 1.0.7 will see much better balance in dueling...barbs will not be as hopeless as they are now. Regardless, WD is still one of the best, if not the best class for dueling
Reply Quote
View profile
dudes good barbs owning without wotb
Reply Quote
View profile
01/18/2013 11:53 AMPosted by ChuckNorris
dudes good barbs owning without wotb

i've dueled 2 of the best S/B barbs on the US server, they are definitely not a push over, but i haven't been owned yet. They are just learning builds that would be more effective in a duel situation. i win a lot more than i lose against these guys

i fully expect them to be more competitive once they figure out that PvE builds don't work in dueling lol
Reply Quote
I wonder how you want win as barb against wd with hex, if you don't use wotb.
Hex has permanent uptime (with one passive). They are turned into pig and can't do absolutely anything. No matter how much cc reduction they stack, it just turns them again instantly.
You are free to stand there and dps pig till it dies.
Hex in wd vs barb, if barb plays without wotb is just a joke.

I do agree that in other matchups barb do perfectly fine without wotb (maybe aside barb vs barb).
Edited by aerial#2212 on 1/18/2013 12:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
I'm actually more scared of high dps wiz's

I fought an unbuffed 364k wiz (about 500k buffed)...if you get zapped with storm armor, it is one hit.

They also have unstable anomaly which if they get hit with a fatal blow, it releases a wave of force effect and heals them to 45% health. THis is kinda like our SV
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]