Diablo® III

Can we have autoloot and auto-id hotkey

pretty please?! =D

Open menu, options, Auto loot (new tab) :

Check Enable Auto Loot [x] : This will enable the auto loot hotkey.

Now you can choose what loot will be picked up when the hotkey is pressed!

------------Legendary-------Rare----Magic----Common----Low quality
Chests----------[ ]------------[ ]------[ ]----------[ ]---------- [ ]
Gloves----------[ ]------------[ ]------[ ]----------[ ]---------- [ ]
Pants-----------[ ]------------[ ]------[ ]----------[ ]---------- [ ]
Bracers---------[ ]------------[ ]------[ ]----------[ ]---------- [ ]
Boots ----------[ ]------------[ ]------[ ]----------[ ]---------- [ ]
Helms----------[ ]------------[ ]------[ ]----------[ ]---------- [ ]
One handed---[ ]------------[ ]------[ ]----------[ ]---------- [ ]
weapons
two handed--- [ ]------------[ ]------[ ]----------[ ]---------- [ ]
weapons
Amulets--------[ ]------------[ ]------[ ]
Rings-----------[ ]------------[ ]------[ ]
Off hands------[ ]------------[ ]------[ ]

Potions [ ] Crafting [ ]

Now lets say i want my auto loot key to only pickup amulets, rings and gloves that are not magical or worse. Also wouldnt hurt bringing home that all new crafting reagent, gems and tomes. Easy enough! All i have to do is check the boxes and im all set!

------------Legendary-------Rare----Magic----Common----Low quality
Chests----------[ ]------------[ ]------[ ]----------[ ]---------- [ ]
Gloves----------[x]------------[x]------[ ]----------[ ]---------- [ ]
Pants-----------[ ]------------[ ]------[ ]----------[ ]---------- [ ]
Bracers---------[ ]------------[ ]------[ ]----------[ ]---------- [ ]
Boots ----------[ ]------------[ ]------[ ]----------[ ]---------- [ ]
Helms----------[ ]------------[ ]------[ ]----------[ ]---------- [ ]
One handed---[ ]------------[ ]------[ ]----------[ ]---------- [ ]
weapons
two handed--- [ ]------------[ ]------[ ]----------[ ]---------- [ ]
weapons
Amulets--------[x]------------[x]------[ ]
Rings-----------[x]------------[x]------[ ]
Off hands------[ ]------------[ ]------[ ]

Potions [ ] Crafting [x]

Now instead of clicking on a multitude of items and manualy sort whatever loot im not interested in picking up, i can press my favoured auto loot key [Q], and laugh at my charater running all over and picking up all that by himself.

What can be better than this? OH wait!

He could put his nephalem powers to good use, and ID all loot he sorted by himself, as he picks it up on the ground!
Edited by Bichopapao#1613 on 1/22/2013 9:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
Just like in Dungeon Siege, where you would press Q and your char ran all over picking up stuff. You could also set a treshold so he'd leave whatever itens you didnt want.

Well about auto-id, if we cant have Cain back, might aswell just queue all ids? so we dont have to click all that manually!
Reply Quote
No love for autloot? =\
Reply Quote
One statement I’ve seen over and over on these forums and elsewhere are proposals for “easy” fixes and overarching assumptions about how long implementation for a variety of changes “should” take.

The reality is, game development is a hugely iterative and time-consuming process, with many people involved along the way. Design takes time, Coding takes time, art takes time, QA takes time: you name it. There are also multiple steps in the pipeline for each and every proposed change and bug fix, no matter how minor, and what issues are being worked on in what order and by who can and do change as new matters arise. Sometimes extra testing is also needed for bugs that come back broken and need to be retested, because we didn't want them to go live with a bad fix.

While there may indeed be a list of known issues and bugs that run alongside some patches, for every one you are aware of, there can be dozens or hundreds being worked on behind-the-scenes that you likely never be aware of. We do things just as quickly as we can, but even then, it’s a process that takes time.
Reply Quote
Your point? the coding needed is already there, bots autoloot and autoid all day long!
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592583030#3

Well, for me, it seems like only 2-3 people are actually working on patches. Otherwise I don't know why it takes so much time for some "simple" patches to come out.
Reply Quote
I dont know how many ppl they have working on patches, truth is the game has seen some pretty big patches so far, and im grateful for that.

But as you said, so many simple features have been left out, that playing the game for more than a hour becomes a chore, even more when you have to click to loot, then you click to ID, then you click (again!) to sell or disenchant or whatever.

Also i didnt mentioned but just remember an old request, that is auto skip cutscenes! I'd love to see this get into a patch too!
Reply Quote
Auto loot No.

ID all Yes
Reply Quote
why no autoloot?
Reply Quote
01/19/2013 01:08 AMPosted by Bichopapao
why no autoloot?

It's lazy design. It detracts from the experience. It doesn't add to the experience. It's lazy. It's lazy. It's lazy.
Reply Quote
How about they go back and not kill Cain. One of the dumbest things they could ever do in the Diablo story. There, now he can ID all of your crap. Problem solved.
Edited by Tommerbob#1808 on 1/19/2013 1:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/19/2013 01:16 AMPosted by Tommerbob
How about they go back and not kill Cain. One of the dumbest things they could ever do in the Diablo story. There, now he can ID all of your crap. Problem solved.

Agreed. just an ID all option for rares, and you still have to ID the legendary items. Would be fine!
Reply Quote
01/19/2013 01:13 AMPosted by n0rain
t's lazy design. It detracts from the experience. It doesn't add to the experience. It's lazy. It's lazy. It's lazy.

Its as lazy as any other quality of life feature? The same could be said about id all feature, its lazy design! because it detracts from the experience of IDing stuff! Teleport to town could fit in here too?
Reply Quote
01/19/2013 01:31 AMPosted by Bichopapao
The same could be said about id all feature, its lazy design! because it detracts from the experience of IDing stuff!

You make no sense. IDing all items doesn't take away from IDing items. It is actually allowing you to ID more items because now you can quickly ID and collect more. ID All actually encourages you to work towards gaining more items to, you guessed it, ID more items. Autoloot is LAZINESS and detracts from the game.
Reply Quote
All that you said fits in autoloot aswell. I mean, autoloot would encourages ppl to loot things otherwise would be just left on the ground, such as gems, tomes, blue items, and some rares most of us would not even bother looking at, because just like IDing, its counter productive to take your time, sort through all the garbage drops, and pick and choose loot, much like its counter productive iding useless rares.

Am i the only one who stopped picking up 2 handed rares and blues and stuff like that?
Reply Quote
01/19/2013 01:54 AMPosted by Bichopapao
ll that you said fits in autoloot aswell. I mean, autoloot would encourages ppl to loot things

No it doesn't. LoL! Okay look. I'm glad to always consider new ideas but this one isn't good enough. Autoloot discourages freedom of movement. Autoloot does not engage you in any activity. It is LAZY!!!

01/19/2013 01:54 AMPosted by Bichopapao
blue items, and some rares

There is a reason these items are left on the ground. The only things more wonky than your suggestions is your analysis of what is worth picking up. I can remain neutral on ID All but autoloot is just plain LAZINESS.
Reply Quote
01/19/2013 02:05 AMPosted by n0rain
There is a reason these items are left on the ground. The only things more wonky than your suggestions is your analysis of what is worth picking up. I can remain neutral on ID All but autoloot is just plain LAZINESS.

The need to manually sort the items is what make me leave all loot on the ground. I got to the point where im only picking up legendaries because i cant stand reading all that yellow letters just to take a thing or two.
Its not like im asking to completely remove click to loot feature, all i want is the choice to pickup everything i want with a single key stroke.
Reply Quote
01/19/2013 02:31 AMPosted by Bichopapao
The need to manually sort the items is what make me leave all loot on the ground. I got to the point where im only picking up legendaries because i cant stand reading all that yellow letters just to take a thing or two.

Did you complete 5th grade? I'm just curious.

01/19/2013 02:31 AMPosted by Bichopapao
Its not like im asking to completely remove click to loot feature, all i want is the choice to pickup everything i want with a single key stroke.

haha! I really need a answer to my question now.
Edited by n0rain#1149 on 1/19/2013 3:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
As a multiboxer, I would love a configurable autolooter.

I also support an ID all, which could be a reality now that Jay is gone.
Reply Quote
yay im not alone on this one lol

and

01/19/2013 02:48 AMPosted by n0rain
Did you complete 5th grade? I'm just curious.

ill just ignore this one...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]