Diablo® III

How can I break 200k unbuffed?

According to diabloprogress my WD is sitting at 123k unbuffed dps.
I would love to break into 200k territory so I feel like I'm actually getting somewhere, but I can't figure out what to upgrade that isn't going to cost me like 400m.

Most things I look at are 70-100m for a measly 1-2k damage boost (with buffs on). So what can I upgrade that won't cost an arm and a leg that will give me a decent chunk of damage?
Edited by TeknikEnzo#1584 on 1/19/2013 8:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm in the same boat... and you have a lot more attack speed than me. The only reasonable solutions I can think of are:

your rings and shoulder.

Do you traditionally use your hellfire ring at higher mp levels? (key farming, ubers)? I only use mine for when I am doing lower mp, as my other ring adds 10k dps for me.

Your zuni pox ring is decent, but try using a dps calculator and see how much the "adds damage" rings do to your dps. You may need to drop that large amount of int, but a ring with 40 or 50 average damage could surpass that.

Look for a higher int on shoulders... perhaps over 210 or 220, and see how vitality or life % raises the price. I've had mine for some time, but I don't think I've spent over 15 mil on them.

And always try to do "bids" only. (if you are not already). You can get things a lot cheaper that way, if you know how to snipe items at the last few seconds.
Edited by Wootytooty#1203 on 1/19/2013 8:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
I honestly don't do key farming or ubers on my WD, I just toss all my gear onto my wiz and CM with my friend. I know my hellfire isn't that great but it is nice for mp2 runs (which is really all I do on my WD anyways).

And I haven't been doing bids, dumbly enough.. I always am afraid I'm going to overpay, but I guess I do that by buying out anyways lol.
Reply Quote
Crit chance lacunis and much higher dps black dmg weapon, gl
Reply Quote
01/19/2013 09:28 PMPosted by Frankyfailme
Crit chance lacunis and much higher dps black dmg weapon, gl

/wrists
Reply Quote
You don't have to get a black weaps with sockets to break 200k.. I'm doing just fine without a socket and closing 230k unbuffed with main gear. Helm and hellfire is only for farming xp.
Reply Quote
Your first upgrade should be the weapon. Black damage is preferable as "adds 7% to " makes it valuable.
Reply Quote
I just wish it wasn't going to cost me so god damn much for a weapon (or any upgrade for that matter). I got something like 7 legendaries today and probably made more from gold in 2 runs than I did from all the legendaries combined. !@#$ is so stupid.
Reply Quote
View profile
to break 200k unbuffed, you're going to need to get the more expensive items...there is no way around it.

I'm currently at almost 160k unbuffed...for me to go to 200k, it will probably cost me 1-1.5 billion
Reply Quote
You'll be surprise at what you'll find looking for a weapon without a socket.. its normally at a decent price. My main only cost me 20m, 2 months ago!!!
Reply Quote
to break 200k unbuffed, you're going to need to get the more expensive items...there is no way around it.

I'm currently at almost 160k unbuffed...for me to go to 200k, it will probably cost me 1-1.5 billion

Yeah I'm realizing that. I wouldn't mind if it were possible to make any money in the first place.
Reply Quote
01/19/2013 09:56 PMPosted by Fuzzynator
You'll be surprise at what you'll find looking for a weapon without a socket.. its normally at a decent price. My main only cost me 20m, 2 months ago!!!

I looked at weapons like yours but they either give me no damage or ~1k damage :\
Reply Quote
you don't need to spend billions. get real. im at 175k unbuffed with only a witching hour as any IAS given to my character. I stack INT, cc and crit damage. If my zuni pox had some crit, I would be close to 50% crit. a bit closer to 200k dps unbuffed.

there are trade offs. I COULD put on an Andy's helm and a tal rasha chest piece and run around like a moron saying I have 200k dps. but thats crap.

tek and wooty, upgrade your weapons. period.
funny thing is wooty, you would probably have more DPS than me if you had my weapon instead of yours. also get a witching hour. you will bump your dps by at least 10k from the crit damage/attack speed. maybe some int/vit.

you guys have to pick and choose what you prefer. If I wanted to use my POS 1k dps no socket manajuma's I could. but it would drop my dps to like 140k i think. not worth some lifesteal imo.

I know exactly what I need to get to 200k dps unbuffed. the crappy way is an andy's helm, a tal's chest, and inna's pants. wooo 200k glass cannon. the right way is a tal's with at least 8.0 crit if not more, average damage and a socket(hundreds of millions)
a crit zuni ring with average damage/socket. a few hundred as well
better gloves that have 10CC and more CD than 30%. and an EF with 1100 or more dps with a socket and crit damage built in.

I wish I had your gloves tek. im jelly.
upgrade your shoulders, your offhand, your bracers, and gems.
shoulders will cost you less than 10 mil to find for some with over 250 int easy.
offhand you can get for under 20 mil that is at least 250 average damage
bracers- i found mine for like 15 mil. 250 int strongarms will boost your dps by thousands. when i went from 200 to 250, it was like 4000 increase from the int alone. gems are really not worth the investment in the long run after the 54 int imo. for the 100 mil you spend on upgrading 5-6 gems you could buy gear that helps you get way more dps way faster.

add me up in game we can work on some theory together.
Reply Quote
The best way is to get a high dos ef with socket. A 1260 dos one can give me 15k more dos. Your gears are pretty decent
Reply Quote
after about 150k dps, all those little things that you rationalized away because it was a couple hundred mill cheaper to not get start to add up. things like leaving out crit on lacunis, not getting perfect 10% crit ammys/gloves or 6% crit rings.
Reply Quote
I will tell you that 200k unbuff required

Zuni helm 250+ int, 4.5+ cc. 40m
Amulet 150+ int 8.5 cc 70 cd. 50m
Vile ward. 280 m 20m
Glove high int cc cd. 30m
Lacuni int 5.5 cc 90m
Witching hour 180 int 60m
Zuni chest. 180 int. 10m
Inna pant 90 int. 15m
Zuni boot 190 int. 10m
Zuni ring 5.5 cc. 100m
High int cc cd ring. 50m
Skorn hi cd hi dps 50m
Perfect star yellow x3. 21m
Perfect star green. 10m

At least 550m and more depend on vit and other option such as lifesteal,Life on hit,all resist etc.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/19/2013 10:39 PMPosted by KosRobin
The best way is to get a high dos ef with socket. A 1260 dos one can give me 15k more dos. Your gears are pretty decent

Don't touch EF until after the next patch...rumor is that the high end EF's that have exceded their designed DPS will be corrected....at least that's what i have read. DH calamities will also be affected. If this rumor is true, there will be some very pissed off people
Reply Quote
I spent quite a bit more than that (around 1 bil) to get 180k dps, 405k EHP and 40 yard PUR.

Pingpongs list sounds fairly accurate I'd just add that looking for +avg dmg gear with cc/cd works awesome on WDs. A lot of people undervalue average damage on gear, looking just at cc/cd/ias.

Stick to upgrading to items that give at least a 15k dps bonus and then just get the cheapest upgrade first.
Reply Quote
Get more critical chance. That's basically all you need to do. Once it is near 50%, breaking 200k dps is no issue. Also, as others have pointed out, it's best to work for 200k "real" dps - ie. not using large amounts of attack speed to inflate your dps.
Reply Quote
Thanks guys (though this wasn't my thread)

For anyone checking my gear, I might be logged out in my "experience/running mp1" gear (bracers/hellfire ring).

As for the weapon dilemma... I've started searching for black dmg rares... with a socket and no CD or high CD with no socket. No luck so far... but I am also looking for one with Lifesteal.

I don't have any other means of getting healed up. I like my build (standard bears/mana spiders build) and having to re-do my entire set for either life regen or life on hit, can be a nightmare. So, Life Steal or nothing. I'll lower the LS amount (doesn't need to be 2.8+).

I'll definitely get a witching hour soon. Just hate to say goodbye to my belt with so many defensive stats.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]