Steal? Insane luck: my new ring

View profile
9% as
6% cc
26% cd
68 int
95 dex
37 vit

(left one: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/RobertVarga-1345/hero/4856321 )

Won insanely lucky bid at 179080211 gold.

Yes, I put all I had to the last penny to the bid 4 seconds before auction ended, and I won.

But, ftw, I got 0 golds returned, so that was some insane lucky bid lol.

What do u think about price - is it OK for the ring?
Edited by RobertVarga#1345 on 1/22/2013 2:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
Err seem a bit overpaid for me...
Reply Quote
Naw you did fine. 9/6 trifects with vit and a high bonus amount of dex. Obviously the dex would be better served as AR or armour or even phys resist, but its still 'mitigation' after a fashion. Thats a high end ring.

Novice, 200m isn't what it used to be. Lots of GAH sticker shock with gold so cheap. This is easily sellable for 50 USD.
Reply Quote
its an AH feature/issue/bug

If you bid to that amount 4 sec before the auc closes, you'll pay your FULL BID AMOUNT

If you bid to that amount 5min (or more) before the auc closes, it'll be normal and you'll get ur full refund
Reply Quote

If you bid to that amount 4 sec before the auc closes, you'll pay your FULL BID AMOUNT

If you bid to that amount 5min (or more) before the auc closes, it'll be normal and you'll get ur full refund

Wow that's bs. Thanks for the very useful info lol
Reply Quote

is this a new feature/issue/bug? I have sniped many auctions bidding tens of millions more than the current bid and I always get refunds
Reply Quote
i say you did well with that price. guess how much i got for my left ring

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/PICHAPIEGAL-6638/hero/25315501
Reply Quote

is this a new feature/issue/bug? I have sniped many auctions bidding tens of millions more than the current bid and I always get refunds

Very old issue, theres been many many many complaints about it. Haven't tested it recently (for obvious reasons) but it only appears to occur if you snipe in the <1min time left.

Edited by skyQuake#1457 on 1/22/2013 5:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
I sniped my new WH and VW under a minute and got returns on both; I think people are misdiagnosing proxy bidding.
Reply Quote
View profile
179080211 golds bid and no refund is just incredibru.

Or maybe it's like somebody put a bid at 179xxxxxx (few golds lower than me) and becouse next possible bid would be 180+m, the game is automatically picking the highest bid out there, thus mine, and all of it.

Maybe?
Reply Quote
179080211 golds bid and no refund is just incredibru.

Or maybe it's like somebody put a bid at 179xxxxxx (few golds lower than me) and becouse next possible bid would be 180+m, the game is automatically picking the highest bid out there, thus mine, and all of it.

Maybe?

you got the same issue as one guy in the general forum section back then. he bidded a random high amount and end up not getting any refund due to his random number being the current bid too. i call rigged!
Reply Quote
It doesn't always happen, but it happens. The likelihood of putting in some random number and having that actually be the high bid to the penny is almost zero.
Reply Quote
But they aren't just random numbers. If you are bidding close to market value and someone else is bidding close to market value, lower than you but within the final bid increment you'll win and get no refund. That's how proxy bidding works.

Example:
There is a WH on the AH that has a true market value of 50 million.

You bid 50.5 million max bid.
Someone else tries to snipe it in the last minute and puts in a 49 million max bid.

You'll win the item and receive no refund.
Reply Quote
View profile
Friends from the Wizards of the Coast think that it was my destiny to win this auction.

It was written in our old books.

"And that day will finally come, and young Wizard naphalem will fulfill her destiny. She will get Eternity Gift back from the Evil, and then she will spread hope all over the fukin world."

With the fukin lucky bid!

I even set my alarm clock to a hour when I'm sleeping hard usually, ...
!!!!FUC-censored by Wizards of the Coast- YEAAH!!!!
Edited by RobertVarga#1345 on 1/22/2013 6:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 06:49 AMPosted by RobertVarga
I even set my alarm clock to a hour when I'm sleeping hard usually, ...

dat feeling
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
I particularly enjoy putting in 700M as a bid for an item worth less than 300M very early on in the auction just to see people scramble to constantly try to outbid. Sure, sometimes I get a bargain deal and sometimes I end up overpaying a bit because of that, but I still like to watch the scramble.
Reply Quote
you overpaid by a alot. you essentially paid a premium for 26% crit dmg and some int and vit. but a ring with avg dmg will provide you with more dps than the 26% crit dmg, and if you adjust your gear, you can easily get an extra 37 vit. next time try searching for a ring with avg dmg, int, and of course crit chance and speed for your cm build. a ring with about 30 avg dmg, 70 int, 9 speed, and 6 crit chance should be around 40 mil gold the last time i checked. so basically you overpaid by about 140 mil gold. the general advice i would give is unless you are looking for perfection, sometimes getting an item with slightly lower stats could provide you with the biggest bang for the buck, e.g. getting a ring with 5.5 crit chance rather than 6 and making up that .5 with other items like amulet, gloves, and etc.
Reply Quote
@Skyquake: How sure are you about this really being bug? I snipe bids ALL the time at less than <1min. In fact, I usually wait to the last 5-10seconds via a good ole-fashion stopwatch. And I get refunds most of the time. The only time I enter a bid in early is if I just want to easily watch an item that I know will be bid up and I can snipe it later.
Edited by TekkZero#1963 on 1/22/2013 1:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
well if u really needed the IAS that much, i guess its sorta worth it.
To put things in perspective, it only adds 350 more dmge than my 37CD unity ring (bought for 50m).
If you factor in the 4% Dmge to Elites of the Unity ring, your ring ends up doing.....11-12K less damage on elites than mine would do (for my build, for yours, maybe about 5-6k less).

So yea, avg damage does do wonders.
Reply Quote
View profile
Lol I had 42 avg dmg 6%cc 9%as 80int ring before (in ah now), and this was +5k dmg upgrade...

Crit dmg much better for me.

Also, I need all 6%cc and 9%as, si Litany/Wailing/Unity are all out... :-(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]