Diablo® III

zero-dog gear prices... wow!

cheapest stone of jordan with -8 second cooldown: 350 million
cheapest mara's kaleidoscope with -8 second cooldown: 160 million
cheapest homunculous with -18 second cooldown: 80 million
cheapest visage of guyia with -8 second cooldown: 10 million

This is the first time I've looked seriously into this build. I've heard it is expensive, but I had no idea it would be this bad! Back to bears, I guess.
Reply Quote
...or from the real money auction house:

stone: $85
mara's: $29
homunculous: $45
Reply Quote
haha...and this is just the beginning...
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 1/23/2013 4:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hell yea they are insane now, I got my stuff back in Nov for a combined 70m, i would cash out but the build is just too damn fun to let go of
Reply Quote
yea i have the gear and don't much care for the build but i am not letting the gear go lol.
Reply Quote
Try not to get too intimidated. It takes a lot of patience and shopping around, but you can get some pretty good deals. It's still expensive, but not quite as bad as your first impressions might lead you to believe.

I was able to get my set up complete with 3 pieces just a couple weeks ago:

• -9 sec Visage of Giyua (high int, no crit) - 6 mil
  • -6 sec Skull Grasp (str roll) - 80 mil
  • -19 sec Homunculus - 45 mil

One important thing to note is that the jewelry cost will inflate the fastest. You really have to watch the AH often for good deals. With 1.0.7 looming, it might be easier to go with a Skull Grasp, as SOJ's will probably be increasing in demand (the IAS synergizes with the build better anyway).

It's also worth noting that you could go with more pieces of gear with shorter durations to save a few bucks, but the cost to your stat pool is already pretty significant with 3 pieces. Good stats on Zero Dogs gear is insanely expensive, so it worked out best for me to sacrifice stats on fewer pieces of gear, rather than trying to spread the -dogs affix across more pieces.

You'll also want to factor in the cost of alternate gear that has IAS. You're going to want to stack IAS after you finally get dogs down to 0 cd. Zero Dogs isn't as mana dependent as most WD builds, and more IAS = more explosions = more damage = more healing. That will most likely mean an new weapon (high IAS sword/knife, or EF) and a few new pieces of gear to compliment the build (Tal's Chest, Witching Hour, Lacunis, Inna's Pants, etc).
Edited by yell0wdart#1103 on 1/23/2013 4:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
Alternate gear needs to be really considered, as yellowdart mentioned.

You need Vit, Life %, Extra Health from Globes, and a little bit of pickup radius to make this build viable. No point in exploding dogs if you don't have the HP to keep it up or the damage to take down elites.

Factor that into your normal DPS build stats and this gets very expensive. The gear I currently use has been collected/upgraded over time.
Reply Quote
hell yea back to bears!! lol

thought about switching to 0dog too but out of my reach...by far lol
the big problem about this build is that u cant switch to it progressively, u need those 3-4 items right away or ur build just wont work...and also that the mojo can only be found on Hell mode.

Need a petition to at least make the mojo lvl58 so it can drop on inferno
Reply Quote
That petition won't ever happen. Sac build is an expensive and premium build.

I got very bored with bears - you should try a Wells of Soul build - one of my favorite builds and will be viable in pvp, unlike bears.
Reply Quote
I sold a -20 homunculus way back before the build was popular for 10m

ahhhh well
Reply Quote
thats all i need those 4 item to add to my wizzie set to make one? I got a 3% very good LS weapon i use for archon. not bad.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/23/2013 11:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
I think the 0 dog is overrated and certainly not worth spending money on
Reply Quote
The build is perfect, i can told you this for my experence.

My cost; the ring 63KK, homunculus 31kk and helmet 10kk.

Is absolute working
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 04:54 PMPosted by Hmongster
the big problem about this build is that u cant switch to it progressively, u need those 3-4 items right away or ur build just wont work...

For pure C4Dogs ('For the Master' rune), it's true. But if you want to do it progressively, it is possible with the C4Proctor:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004696095
You "only" need the mojo and the helmet. Once you have the complete gear, you may choose to carry on with the target C4Proctor build, or switch to pure C4Dogs.
Plus, many pure C4Dogs users are switching to C4Proctor, because the first may get boring after a while.
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 11:54 PMPosted by Futatori
I think the 0 dog is overrated and certainly not worth spending money on

someones jelly :D
Reply Quote
how is zero dog doing in PvP? Anyone try it?
Reply Quote
i remember i couldn't afford these in the 1.03 patch, and told to myself "ohh i'll just wait for these prices to go down", and here i am, now they cost 4 times more, !@#$ me
Reply Quote
And then they will redesign how it works for pvp and people will be out millions lol.
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 11:21 PMPosted by Aimless
thats all i need those 4 item to add to my wizzie set to make one? I got a 3% very good LS weapon i use for archon. not bad.

What are you doing here?
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 10:57 AMPosted by EigenVector

What are you doing here?

came to the wrong neighborhood
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]