Diablo® III

Back after a break. Can someone catch me up?

ZOMG a blue post!!! time to rage!!!

maybe because 1 out 5 blue posts relevant and informative...the other 4 on which toon you would shack up with or blatant PR. The titanic is sinking...we want directions to the lifeboats not 10 tips to make your cabin decore shine.
Reply Quote
needs a duping topic
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 10:47 AMPosted by Jefas
I haven't since about 5 months after the game came out. Can anyone just fill me in? I'd really appreciate it thanks!

Welcome back! I can give you info in game if you'd like! Might be a little faster than reading the walls of text everyone puts up lol. chelleymarie#1210 :)
Reply Quote
You didn't miss much. :\

Itemization is still overall bland, and everyone is still just running A3 Inferno. If you want you can kill some uber bosses to make a pretty bad ring which is account bound . Also dueling in 1.0.7, which is simplistic enough that there's no reason it should have been delayed 8 months.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6923457/104_Legendary_Item_Improvements-8_14_2012" 1.0.4 Legendary Item Improvements

They made some legs not totally completely useless (Still a small RNG portion...)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6968517/Introducing_the_Paragon_System-8_20_2012" Introducing the Paragon System

You now have something to look forward to after level 60 -- 100 more levels, each adding 3%gf/mf

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7597726/Patch_105_Information_Round-Up-10_19_2012" Patch 1.0.5 Information Round-Up

The details of class/ mechanic changes, if you could be bothered.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7810825/Diablo_III_Players_Banned-11_8_2012"]Diablo III Players Banned

Warden "banning bots". Admittedly, my friends requests have gone down in total number.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7924405/%E2%80%9CHeroes_Rise_Darkness_Falls%E2%80%9D_eBook_Now_Available-11_27_2012" “Heroes Rise, Darkness Falls” eBook Now Available

Shameless advertisement.

[url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8163085/Diablo_III_PvP_Update_-12_27_2012"]Diablo III PvP Update[/url]

We will, in the next patch, be able to FFA duel each other. Currently, there are no team options available, however, this feature is currently being tested on the current PTR.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8220921/Community_Spotlight_2012_Retrospective-1_4_2013" Community Spotlight: 2012 Retrospective

Thoughts on the matter ~ when you left the game.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8414560/" Patch 1.0.7 Preview

1.07 Patch Notes. As I mentioned, still in the test stages.

As for you starting to play again, as a long time Blizzard AND Diablo fan, I've tried really, really hard to get into Diablo 3, but something is still missing... for me.

My best advice is to patch up and see if its to your liking. (It's absolutely improved)
Edited by Fenyx#1622 on 1/24/2013 12:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 11:49 AMPosted by xJNx
ZOMG a blue post!!! time to rage!!!

maybe because 1 out 5 blue posts relevant and informative...the other 4 on which toon you would shack up with or blatant PR. The titanic is sinking...we want directions to the lifeboats not 10 tips to make your cabin decore shine.

Someone gets it.

I'm not raging; in fact, I tend to not let the internet affect my mood at all or I'd constantly be tearing my hair out... but that post was just asinine.
Reply Quote
Hey blizzard I know that u don't do this, but could u guys trantsfer the items and gold to the live diablo 3 PLEASE could u this is my only thing I want from u blizzard

from,
fartmaster#1473

thank u blizzard if u can.
Reply Quote
hi
Reply Quote
"Improvements" is subjective. I enjoyed the game more at launch because it was at least difficult to progress as a melee in Inferno, even if it was cheap difficulty. And I was finding items worth quite a bit, like 900 dps blue weapons, since not many people were in A4 Inferno then.

There's a list of two things that changed, Paragon levels (another meaningless treadmill) and Legendary items (ineffective and a farce to detract from the major issues with itemization), and then a bunch of other useless garble.

CM's can (and do) respond to whatever they please, but that doesn't make the response, nor its context, any less foolish.
Reply Quote

I wish they'd just scrap the difficulty we have now and give us both the inferno difficulty and MP difficulty back as it was initially programmed. I may be smashing my head against a brick wall for hours on end, but at least that brick wall was challenging.

It just takes two things to get that:
1) Playing: Start a new char, adjust the MP up a few, use only found items
2) Attitude: Refuse to compare your char to others not doing the same

Sorry about hijacking the thread intent ... back to your regular programming
Edited by Derplord#1988 on 1/24/2013 12:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 11:46 AMPosted by JaceAltair
Vaeflare is not a Developer you nincompoop.

Lmao +1
Reply Quote
Welcome back to Sanctuary! A lot's been going on while you were away. :)

I'd suggest checking out our blogs to find out some of what's been going on over the past few months. Here are some highlights:

- Patch 1.0.7 Preview
- Community Spotlight: 2012 Retrospective
- Diablo III PvP Update
- Sideshow Unleashes the Diablo Statue – Pre-Orders Now Open
- “Heroes Rise, Darkness Falls” eBook Now Available
- Diablo III Players Banned
- Patch 1.0.5 Information Round-Up
- Introducing the Paragon System
- 1.0.4 Legendary Item Improvements

They took longer to write all this up on the site than the time taken to program any updates to the game.

After D3 all of their dev team is working on Titan, WoW uptake of the new expansion is poor and the share price is hanging by a thread. I don't think they are going to employ devs to work on a game that doesn't have a continual revenue stream. The RMAH isn't a good enough reason to invest dev time to D3 and away from Titan.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 12:49 PMPosted by familia

But the OPs question was concerning the game after 5 months of it going live, which puts him somewhere in October, which then he took a break. Most of the listed items and links provided by the CM were implemented before October. Calling someone foolish when you've erroneously stated something makes you look a bit...foolish.

Again, another clueless person. He's providing information not just for the OP, but for anyone coming back to DIII after a break. Maybe someone quit 2 days after launch. Should the CM leave out additional information that someone else could find useful? Use your brain.

He's killing multiple birds with "ONE" stone.

Calling everyone "clueless" and "foolish" and telling them to "use [their] brain" while you're looking like an idiot (and people keep pointing this out to you) is a supremely poor platform for argument.

SELLING PEOPLE FRIGGIN DOLLS ISN'T A NEW GAME FEATURE.

He needed to make two minor changes look like D3 is somehow getting close to what was promised at launch so he tacked on a bunch of extra BS that nobody cares about.

See: every political debate ever.

You've also changed your argument with every post.

First, it's someone raging for no reason. Second, it's answering the OP's question. Now, it's providing information that anyone who took a break at any point might find useful. Get your story straight.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 12:49 PMPosted by familia

But the OPs question was concerning the game after 5 months of it going live, which puts him somewhere in October, which then he took a break. Most of the listed items and links provided by the CM were implemented before October. Calling someone foolish when you've erroneously stated something makes you look a bit...foolish.

Again, another clueless person. He's providing information not just for the OP, but for anyone coming back to DIII after a break. Maybe someone quit 2 days after launch. Should the CM leave out additional information that someone else could find useful? Use your brain.

He's killing multiple birds with "ONE" stone.

Yeah I'm sure the OP also asked about more crap he could buy from blizzard too, right? Who's clueless?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]