Diablo® III

I guess it's time ... for another deadpool!

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Anomie-1322/hero/22291964

I set this character up intending to run it under the following criteria:
MP10
All Solo
Self Found/No AH whatsoever
Allowed to buy gear from vendors - but not allowed to scum for better gear to buy.
Not allowed to regrind content (I have to be careful about where I log out, etc due to this - for times when I am required to go through somewhere again (like cemetery) I have to try not to kill mobs if I can help it, not loot chests, etc, and just run through to the exit - otherwise I might be stuck with too long a play session needed between checkpoints that won't require me to travel through somewhere I've already been. There's only a few places where this is even relevant, like the entrance to the chapel and the cemetary, and they're all very small, IIRC, so it should be easy to just run through them without fighting anything)
No upgrading blacksmith or jeweler
No buying new stash slots
(the last two are really why I set it up on the EU side, so I'd be running with the equivalent of a brand-new account with no advantages, and I'd be able to leave that stuff unupgraded)

Basically, shooting for a direct quest progression run, starting from scratch, without repeating, to see how far I can get.

I ended up only really playing her for a tiny bit on one or two patch days, when US was down and EU was up. I think I'm going to go for it. Every time I've considered it before I decided I'd rather farm in inferno or be releveling to be farming in inferno - but now - why the hell not?

Considering running another deadpool giveaway w/ US HC gold as payout, but I dunno - the last one was certainly funny (which was what I was shooting for) but people were sad when I RIP'd.

Edit: Alright - I'll run another deadpool. What the hell. Payout will be 5M US HC gold, plus whatever EU HC gold/gear/etc I have if you want it (if you don't I'll just pitch all the gear and find an eu somebody to give the gold to - and the "gear" will probably amount to terrible gems because that may be all I have the stash space for)
Add one post giving the level (or paragon ... but ... with no regrinding, paragon is probably unreasonable) you expect me to die at. The first person picking that level gets that level as their entry - edited entries will not be considered valid unless the name/level picked are listed below

I'm currently level 10, I exited at the checkpoint in town right before going back into the cathedral for the skeleton king run. I'll not play until the weekend to give people time to put entries in.

CyCo 13
Zaknaril 17
twasbrillig 21 (pay to AlucardIAm)
Lykotic 22
WhiteOwl 27
NHayes 23
EmmetOtter 24
PureMichigan 25
barrelhouse 26
Forelle 28
Ranthor 29
ZealousAngel 30
LordCaric 31
AlucardIAm 32
GolfWang 33
WtFtC 34
Dazzed 37
grumpyninja 43
geology 45
ActionKungFu 47
Gurior 48
Twister 52
brenzA 54
Speranza 57
SpookyParrot 60(0)
Bryanw1995 60(p24)
Edited by Anomie#1322 on 1/26/2013 10:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
If you run a dead pool I am taking level 22

Edit: I am doing self-found only MP10 here later in the year (I have an idea of the start date) and I am planning to do a betting system actually instead fo a one-way payout. See how that goes. =)
Edited by Lykotic#1869 on 1/24/2013 3:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm in.

I think you'll ding @ 27.

And it won't be to a Boss. The only reason I say this is because Wizzys are vulnerable in this area of level progression. Enemies are starting to get hard and you won't yet have the good character skills yet to deal with them. But you are a great player. . .So you might just tap the 30's. I hope you do.
Edited by WhiteOwl#1550 on 1/24/2013 3:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
Guess I can sell this INT gear I was saving for you then... LOL
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 03:45 PMPosted by WhiteOwl
And it won't be to a Boss. The only reason I say this is because Wizzys are vulnerable in this area of level progression. Enemies are starting to get hard and you won't yet have the good character skills yet to deal with them. But you are a great player. . .So you might just tap the 30's. I hope you do.

Yeah, I totally understand. Honestly, I died to the butcher a lot when I first started playing, so it will be interesting to see if I get to him, and get past him (although I am definitely a lot better now).
Reply Quote
i have a lot more faith in you than the rest of these guys! i say lvl 45.

I was wondering: On the EU servers does your gear look like vinyl pants and mesh tanktops? Are your weapons glow sticks?
Reply Quote
I've heard there's an easter egg where barbs are skinned as techno viking ... dunno how true that is, though.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 05:03 PMPosted by Anomie
I've heard there's an easter egg where barbs are skinned as techno viking ... dunno how true that is, though.

I want this so bad...when they walk they have to do the dance...lol

Also, picking level...33!!!
Reply Quote
Reply Quote
I'm guessing 48.
Also, there's no way you can enter inferno on MP10 and survive the first pack of elites.
If you do, I shall treat you like a god
Reply Quote
Needs more Liam Neeson
Reply Quote
level 60! You're gonna make it this time! I can feel it! (paragon zero... sorry m8)
Reply Quote
i have a lot more faith in you than the rest of these guys! i say lvl 45.

I was wondering: On the EU servers does your gear look like vinyl pants and mesh tanktops? Are your weapons glow sticks?

I heard that the DH's all have polished sharkskin vests, large gold chains, and assless chaps.

Kinda look like the lead singer for Judas Priest.
Reply Quote
Also, there's no way you can enter inferno on MP10 and survive the first pack of elites.
If you do, I shall treat you like a god

I certainly don't expect to do that. I accidentally dropped my WD into AII inferno MP10 once (I had been pleveling a friend and forgot to drop the MP when I decided to go farming), and I barely survived and didn't even *see* an elite pack (I managed to kill some white mobs along the way to getting out alive - although it took forever).

If I manage it, that would be a screenshot for the ages ... but running self found, without allowing myself to farm or grind, I'd have to be the luckiest person alive to drop gear that would allow that. I don't even think minimally necessary gear for MP10 inferno A1 can drop in Hell.
Edited by Anomie#1322 on 1/24/2013 6:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
Level 43. Hope is a strong word for my feelings of your impending death.

But yeah, you're going down @ 43.
Reply Quote
ill go with 54
Reply Quote
Well...might as well get in on this...I've done MP10 self found before and if you can make it through A1 I will be impressed...

I'm going to say level 17.
Reply Quote
i'm saying 52

but you should do this on the US servers so you can play her with us once you make it to 60 and then convert her to a normal non purity ironman type character
Reply Quote
I'll say 31
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]