Shock armor
Teleport fracture
??
??
Passives: unstable anomoly
Illunsionist and crit mass?

Any help would be great!!!

Also Mirror Image is a must.

Crit mass unfortunately due to the very short nature of the fight's (95% of them) is basically useless. Also fracture isn't as situational reversal, safe passage, or calamity.

I would rate these as mandatory
Teleport for snare break's and using it for damage or damage reduction (only if it prevents 1 shots use safe passage)
Mirror image for anything deciding to use stun effects
Illusionist because the previous 2 are mandatory
Storm armor until people start stacking lighting resist gear.

The reset depends on your approach to pvp.
Reply Quote
F magic missile. Awful spell. All the primaries are awful. It's the same thing we had when we started wading through inferno -- you realize all Wiz primaries blow.

I'm honestly curious to play with anyone advocating MMseeker, I have tried and tried to make it work and it straight blows no matter how i use it. I wanna see YOU (anyone reading this who supports using MM) in action with it, assuming its not just theorycrafting blablabla and you actually did go and have success with it

Right now I should have my profile configured like it is for PVP on PTR (which actually isnt working for me atm)
Edited by Alesso#1854 on 1/21/2013 6:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
What do you guys think about RoF + CB? ...I got some kills with it but i did 85% of my pvp on the first night of the ptr when e'rybody was a nub.
Edited by ChangBooster#1510 on 1/21/2013 6:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
wave of force...its ur turn to shine
Reply Quote
wave of force is not bad, but i ended up cutting it from my selection in favor of more passive buffs. i think the direct trade i did was WOF for Sparkflint

In the end I find myself just wanting every ounce of power I can muster out of my passive TS attacks, since im spending all my time avoiding things and not direct attacking
Edited by Alesso#1854 on 1/21/2013 6:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
F magic missile. Awful spell. All the primaries are awful. It's the same thing we had when we started wading through inferno -- you realize all Wiz primaries blow.

I'm honestly curious to play with anyone advocating MMseeker, I have tried and tried to make it work and it straight blows no matter how i use it. I wanna see YOU (anyone reading this who supports using MM) in action with it, assuming its not just theorycrafting blablabla and you actually did go and have success with it

Right now I should have my profile configured like it is for PVP on PTR (which actually isnt working for me atm)

Seeker Missile is amazing. I don't know why people don't use it as often, and instead go with spamming Blizzard instead.

All you need to do is carry Storm Armor for the passive damage, Lightning Hydra is an option as well (but I really only keep it for DHs and WDs). Other than that, it's Mirror Image and Wormhole Teleport for repositioning needs, and either Crystal Shell or Stretch Time.

If it's Stretch Time, usually I'll just keep running away from everyone I see, pop a bubble and hurl Seekers around walls and trees while hiding out of sight. Someone gets too close, I Mirror Image and Teleport as far away as I can, kite a bit with Seeker until I'm at a safe distance.

It works the majority of the time for me (maybe because of my massive EHP). Those who chase me, including Strafe DHs, eventually die to Storm Armor. Meanwhile, I try to break every disable on me thanks to Illusionist.

Edit: I'll make a quick video at some point soon.
Edited by Jaetch#1861 on 1/21/2013 10:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
@alesso, yeah i find mm usefull too, have to stutter step with it. specially good vs melee and toons where u need to burts more damage while kiting, but i must admit its worthless vs dh. ill add you in ptr and see.... ur 400k dps worries me though, at least till they fix the elite bonuses when i can stack ehp and dps at once.
Reply Quote
So I was debating whether to go 1hdr + Stormshield for eHP or High DPS Skorn with +Vit. I went with a 1440 dps Skorn with 300int/170vit for 22mil and will stack eHP in other areas. My question would be, is the DPS important or the eHP or a balance of both?
Edited by Fulleffect#1282 on 1/22/2013 7:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
You need both of course. Enough not to get 1-3 shot.
High EHP barbs are fighting back in PVP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]