Diablo® III

Need 2 Weapons - Please Advise

View profile
I am a little curious as to why you would go back to a EF when you hated it as a barb? I get the whole +.XX AS benefit for both weapons but you seemed pretty adamant about your disdain towards that weapon.

In all honesty, it's still all up in the air and I'm reliant on what's in the AH at the time of purchasing these items.

At this point I'm just trying to get as much feed back as possible so I can focus on a search criteria, and based on what's available, I'll pull the trigger on the items.
Edited by IPawnU#1220 on 1/23/2013 8:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
2.8 lS and 500 LoH should work fine, sorry i miss read one of your posts and didn't realize you wrote LoH

im aiming for 2.8lS with ~800LoH with ~500LPS

Ah ok cool. I have about 700LPS right now, so I figured I can take a little hit on the LoH for the weapon.
Edited by IPawnU#1220 on 1/23/2013 8:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
01/23/2013 08:47 AMPosted by Enot
The offhand mentioned will likely eat up most of your budget, or at the very least has a great potential too.

How much was that Axe?
Reply Quote
Get a BEAST WKL with CD Dex Socket.

Get a BEAST Butchers Sickle with DEX Socket. It comes with LS and Crit~

If you decide to try EF, get that instead of the Sickle. The Fear on EF can be annoying at times with certain mob types. For PvP, Sickle and EF both can be cool. Really just decide which you like better.

BTW. I don't think Blizzard will ever be able to balance WotHF to compare to its Offensive Spirit Generator Counter Part. Deadly Reach and Crippling are Defensive Spirit Generators. They were only used when the game first came out. There is no reason to use them as your Main Primary. You might use Fore Sight just to get the Attack Buff, but you will still be using FoT as Main.

That's my 2 cents. I'm one of those players who highly praises the WKL. I think its a beast of a weapon. 25% Lightning Skill Damage seems like a !@#$ ton. Plus the 5-6% Lightning Dmg. Its just a freaking kewl bad %^- weapon. xD
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 08:51 AMPosted by IPawnU
I am a little curious as to why you would go back to a EF when you hated it as a barb? I get the whole +.XX AS benefit for both weapons but you seemed pretty adamant about your disdain towards that weapon.

In all honesty, it's still all up in the air and I'm reliant on what's in the AH at the time of purchasing these items.

At this point I'm just trying to get as much feed back as possible so I can focus on a search criteria, and based on what's available, I'll pull the trigger on the items.

Right on. It just struck me as odd is all :)
Reply Quote
2.8 lS and 500 LoH should work fine, sorry i miss read one of your posts and didn't realize you wrote LoH

im aiming for 2.8lS with ~800LoH with ~500LPS

Ah ok cool. I have about 700LPS right now, so I figured I can take a little hit on the LoH for the weapon.

I have a PVP build that centers around LPS (see profile) Im still tweaking it but as of right now I have 3000 LPS / 2.5 LS/ ~1200 LoH and does ~137K DPS.
Edited by Edward#1570 on 1/23/2013 9:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 08:52 AMPosted by IPawnU

1 LoH >>>> 1 LPS just so u know

Get a BEAST Butchers Sickle with DEX Socket. It comes with LS and Crit~

plz dont get a sickle unless you really really really hate the fear on EF, WKL is a great weapon but to be honest none of your gear, IPawnU, is really set up to go with the WKL.

i guess before you decide on what you'll buy make sure you know what your goal is for your character
Reply Quote
View profile
Thanks guys...points taken into consideration. I'll give it some more thought.
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 06:43 AMPosted by IPawnU
I'm starting to really lean on getting an EF with 1100+ base dps, .24 Attacks per Second, Dex 150+, CD 50+ and an open socket, with sub 12% fear.

Well....I've got an EF on my Monk, and with the exception of the 1,100+ DPS (mine has 1,034) and +0.24 APS (mine has 0.22), it has what you're looking for. CD is 80% (before adding an emerald), Fear is 11.6%, and Dex is 151.

I'll be on in about 5 hours. If you're interested and you make a compelling offer, I might be willing to deal.
Reply Quote
1200DPS Fist of Az' with a socket is always a good option especially if you're looking forward to PvP as the stun proc is pretty good.
Reply Quote
View profile
@KhalARon

That's a nice EF you got there. The one I saw last night had the following:

113x.x Base Damage
.24 Attacks per Second
156 Dex
56 CD
10.x Fear
Open Socket

It was listed for 625mil bid and 650mil buyout. I thought it was high...but I really didn't put too much time into comparing it to the others.

I really like to get 1100+ dps weapons. But I'll hit you up in game to see what kind of numbers you're looking to get for yours.
Edited by IPawnU#1220 on 1/23/2013 10:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
I absolutely hated the fear on my EF and it was only 12% so I switched to the rare I have now and it makes life so much easier man I wouldn't ever go back to using an EF even though it such a great DPS and APS boost it gets really annoying on higher MP's I think you'll eventually trade it off if you already know you didn't like it from your barb.
Reply Quote
View profile
@MrNastyTime

Yeah, I agree. I have a lot of thinking to do. This is why I left weapons for last on my list.

btw, how much did that MH cost you?
Edited by IPawnU#1220 on 1/23/2013 11:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
I paid 650 for it which I thought was a pretty fair price for what I was looking for compared to some which were on AH for 1 bil+ but all overpriced anyways.
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 10:49 AMPosted by IPawnU
But I'll hit you up in game to see what kind of numbers you're looking to get for yours.

OK, sounds good. Add me, and we'll discuss when we're both online.
Reply Quote
just for reference, my first EF was 12%... i hated it too. and while i am still not the biggest fan of any fear, 2% less fear on the one i use now is a noticeably big difference for some reason. Generally I dont have much of an issue with mp10 since i do enough damage to kill elites before they run too far.

You will probably want at least 2.6% life steal on your weapon... any less and you will not be able to sustain very well against mp10 ubers with reflect (siegebreaker)
Reply Quote
View profile
just for reference, my first EF was 12%... i hated it too. and while i am still not the biggest fan of any fear, 2% less fear on the one i use now is a noticeably big difference for some reason. Generally I dont have much of an issue with mp10 since i do enough damage to kill elites before they run too far.

You will probably want at least 2.6% life steal on your weapon... any less and you will not be able to sustain very well against mp10 ubers with reflect (siegebreaker)

I actually do really well with just 2.4% LS along with the 600 LOH I rarely ever die doing mp10 ubers but maybe the shield helps and there's also the RD nerf coming too so I think just any LS % would work really.
Reply Quote

I actually do really well with just 2.4% LS along with the 600 LOH I rarely ever die doing mp10 ubers but maybe the shield helps and there's also the RD nerf coming too so I think just any LS % would work really.

Yeah, the shield does help mitigate that. When i solo tank SB i use a shield sometimes and have no problem. dual wielding you will want more life steal though though.
Reply Quote
View profile
OK. So after hours on the AH last night, it's pretty clear that biggest DPS gains will come from EF and a Rare with DEX, CD, LS and Socket combo. I bought a really cheap EF to try out for a while and even with 10.x% fear, I still hate it. EF is out!

The biggest gains for me came from two rare swords with the following stats:

1100+ Base DPS
140+ DEX
45+ CD
2.x LS
Open Socket

Second place to two swords were two axes with the following stats:

1100+ Base DPS
9+ IAS (1.42 Attacks per Second)
45+ CD
2.x+ LS
Open Socket

The biggest issue is cost now. To meet these requirements, both weapons types will cost somewhere between 400-750m on average depending on how high the DEX, CD and LS values are.

There was a sword that met all the criteria on the AH listed for 350m b/o, but in the midst of all my research, it was sold by the time I was ready to pull the trigger on it. DAMN IT!

It's pretty clear I'm going with two rare swords now. I finally have direction! I'm in the market if anyone is selling a sword with those stats ^. I've got 1Bil I can blow on two weapons so, there you have it.
Edited by IPawnU#1220 on 1/24/2013 6:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
I have a ~1100ish Sky Splitter with 10% ias and an open socket (rolled STR is the only thing) for sale if you are interested. base 1.4 attack speed perfect 3% lifesteal.
Edited by Nidhogg#1588 on 1/24/2013 9:53 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]