Diablo® III

Need 2 Weapons - Please Advise

- equip a weapon, if the weapon has socket, make sure it's an empty socket
- look for the desired weapons on the AH
- join a chat channel (general/trade/monk/etc....) or nicely pm a friend
- while still on the AH, have the chat box activate
- shift click on the weapons, or other armor pieces
- press enter, if pm'ing a friend, be nice and tell them it's for testing purpose
- resume your game
- click on them to check the dps gain and loss
- resocket the current weapons with gems
- add the green number on top of the new paper dps

Not as accurate as using third party website, but good for quick decision making.
Edited by Kaazzeerr#1203 on 1/24/2013 11:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
01/24/2013 11:05 AMPosted by Enot
Seems as if that is mostly where you're getting to now. You may end up having to jump in and see what happens, could do so easily with little cost at this point. Just to help flesh out how your monk is going to develope.

I think you're right here.
Reply Quote
View profile
Also IPU don't go into the purchase thinking you will never pick up another weapon again since there will always be something better down the road. I know this is a big purchase and you do not want to make mistakes but the best advice is be happy with what you pick up within your budget and don't compare it to the 2B gold items on AH cause you will continue to kick yourself.

Enjoy brotha.
Reply Quote
The 144 dps was with LS and LoH, though, don't forget that.

edit: And as I said before, before you spend the equivalent of $250, make sure to do some of your own research. It is possible that I am wrong (I know, I know, crazy talk!)

At this point...I'm lost all over again. Most of what I researched just went out the window with you two posting your findings here.

Not really.

1. 1066k dps weapon, 50+ CD, OS, 2.4LS, 158 dex (1.3 black axe) - 315M buyout 1d5H
2. 1103k dps weapon, 50+ CD, OS, 500+ LoH, 150 dex (1.3 black axe) - 323M buyout 13 hours.

Those 2 weapons will put yout at 144k dps and would be better then the sword combo piffle suggested. Run the numbers in d3up.com to be sure.

@Piffle,

Am I doing something wrong? I keyed in the numbers for the weapons below and only got 138 dps. I suggest going the double axe route.

Example: There's a sword in the AH that is ~1050 dps, 90 CD, 184 dex for ~240 mill

OH: CD (highest you can get), LoH, LS, socket

Example: There's a sword in the AH that is ~1030 dps, 65 CD, 588 LoH, and 2.8% LS for 325 mill
Reply Quote
View profile
@Shade

I need swords or weapons with at least 1.4 Attacks per Second to maintain 2.00 (1.99 technically in my case) Attacks per Second for Mantra spamming and fast SW LS generation.

OR

I need to find more IAS somewhere (gloves?) to get those axes. I'd have 500mil left if I get those axes.
Edited by IPawnU#1220 on 1/24/2013 11:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
- equip a weapon, if the weapon has socket, make sure it's an empty socket
- look for the desired weapons on the AH
- join a chat channel (general/trade/monk/etc....) or nicely pm a friend
- while still on the AH, have the chat box activate
- shift click on the weapons, or other armor pieces
- press enter, if pm'ing a friend, be nice and tell them it's for testing purpose
- resume your game
- click on them to check the dps gain and loss
- resocket the current weapons with gems
- add the green number on top of the new paper dps

Not as accurate as using third party website, but good for quick decision making.

This solution isn't faster either though. You have to close the AH, make sure your sockets are empty, start a game, then enter your filters again ... easier to just alt-tab and fill in a couple numbers.

At this point...I'm lost all over again. Most of what I researched just went out the window with you two posting your findings here.

Not really.

1. 1066k dps weapon, 50+ CD, OS, 2.4LS, 158 dex (1.3 black axe) - 315M buyout 1d5H
2. 1103k dps weapon, 50+ CD, OS, 500+ LoH, 150 dex (1.3 black axe) - 323M buyout 13 hours.

Those 2 weapons will put yout at 144k dps and would be better then the sword combo piffle suggested. Run the numbers in d3up.com to be sure.

@Piffle,

Am I doing something wrong? I keyed in the numbers for the weapons below and only got 138 dps. I suggest going the double axe route.

Example: There's a sword in the AH that is ~1050 dps, 90 CD, 184 dex for ~240 mill

OH: CD (highest you can get), LoH, LS, socket

Example: There's a sword in the AH that is ~1030 dps, 65 CD, 588 LoH, and 2.8% LS for 325 mill

How are your axes better? If the DPS is comparable, the LoH is comparable, and the LS on my sword is higher ... and mine were cheaper overall? :P

As for what you're doing something wrong, I have no idea. You're the one inputting values lol.
http://i.imgur.com/Ljw40Rr.png
Edited by Piffle#1874 on 1/24/2013 12:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
Oh, i missed the OS in the second sword, also it seems that I messed up with the values somewhere.
Reply Quote
check out my EF and fist... I need to replace the fist with a better weapon. I am in the same boat with you IPawnU. I don't know what weapon to get.. have about 1B to spend...
Reply Quote
Yea I got lazy with typing out sockets. I can't imagine anyone buying a weapon sans socket so I just assumed everyone would realize it was there. :/
Reply Quote
View profile
01/24/2013 12:22 PMPosted by Piffle

What dps calc are you using?
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
http://d3up.com/b/52940/view/slug/nauts-ubers

I've been doing the weapon shopping thing for a little while now, picked up the EF for 268 mil, the spear for 70? I have another 340ish, I got impatient while looking for the offhand and pulled the trigger on the spear. 5.7% LS is more than enough, don't really need to worry about LOH unless you're buying for PVP. I'm pretty happy with my buys all in all. Although I kind of miss a WKL.
Reply Quote
70M for that spear is quite a good bargain IMO, does the freeze proc often enough to make a difference?

I was looking at a freeze weapon the other day but got outbid.

your HF ring is quite godly!
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Thank you :)
It proc's a bit, not enough to offset the 10% fear unfortunately =/ not super useful, though it's a little bit of a bonus :D

Hellfire ring was rolled on my lucky #7, which was a gift and curse because i'm not super motivated to do ubers anymore
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 12:47 PMPosted by IPawnU

What dps calc are you using?

theasiangamer.com/d3-damage-calculator/
Reply Quote
View profile
@Piffle

I got the two swords you stated and it put me at 148K dps (with scoundral).

All I need are a few MP levels and I'll break 150K. I have 550mil left.

Dood if you see any other upgrades for me...please hit me up in game.
Edited by IPawnU#1220 on 1/24/2013 3:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
I think when Piffle hits the search button it forces items you need onto the AH.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]