Diablo® III

ze PvP gear is ready.

this is primarily my pvp gear. i have other stuff too but thts in stash. anyone willing to donate a CD litany or a higher CD mace? =D

check that ring yo.

blast away on ze constructive criticism.
Reply Quote
RLTW: Change to Marathon
Ground Slam: Change to Leap Call of Arreat

I would possibly try looking for a Weapon Throw IKTB or rend devalue. That and 5pc IK.

But thats me.
Reply Quote
Looks like a very solid foundation. May i suggest investing in some damn fine IK boots? This will complete the 3 piece bonus for more melee% reduction and give you more control reduction to boot! hah get it?.. i know lame :/
Reply Quote
Dat ring. Signet Insult. Wow.
Reply Quote
How will you generate fury with that build? Also life regen will be very important in pvp. My setup as very similar stats to yours except I have great fury regen + life regen.
Reply Quote
View profile
Solid S&B setup you got there man, but i also have the same question with Beeotch, how would you generate fury? maybe use into the fray and/or unforgiving?
Edited by Nikeboy1984#6661 on 1/22/2013 6:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
I wouldn't use Bloodlust either. The damage from a Rend Crit isn't enough for any measurable amounts of leech.
Reply Quote
THE BUILD IS NOT in question lol. it was just the gear!

ill move things around obv.
Edited by SoLiDAlvi#1156 on 1/22/2013 7:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 05:51 PMPosted by Fizzlesprig
Looks like a very solid foundation. May i suggest investing in some damn fine IK boots? This will complete the 3 piece bonus for more melee% reduction and give you more control reduction to boot! hah get it?.. i know lame :/

got IK boots. as well as gloves. though not top tier but they'll do. got an SS too.

for fury ill switch to 5IK depending on what class im facing. if its melee ill switch to 3 IK and unfrogiving
Edited by SoLiDAlvi#1156 on 1/22/2013 7:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
net armor value is a bit low, seems like youll be needing to use nerves of steel to push your armor value back up. Mitigation is far more important in pvp then ehp since it improves the effectiveness of healing.
Reply Quote
Looks like mine. =.=ll
I had a belt like urs, would be using if i didn't use throw.

After PVP for a week, i easily handle most mage, DH, monks.
The problem is WD and yes... barbs...
I stand at 85kdps just like your setup.

It's kinda hard to take out barbs.
Normally i would totally ignore the barb in fights.
Would consider asking you to up your dps to 100-110kdps.
It seems like an optimum figure in easily taking out most normal barbs out there.

IK boots for 14% cc too good to ignore, especially the 30% nerf kicks it.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 1/22/2013 8:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
I would rather looki into getting Blackthorne's Spurs, but I am sure most of you already know this.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 08:17 PMPosted by DeadLegacy
net armor value is a bit low, seems like youll be needing to use nerves of steel to push your armor value back up. Mitigation is far more important in pvp then ehp since it improves the effectiveness of healing.

mitigation is included in ehp, that's the whole point
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 08:17 PMPosted by DeadLegacy

healing effectiveness from health pots? Don't waste your time. Health reg with inspiring presence is way better. Unless the new patch has globes spawning at certain locations.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 08:27 PMPosted by CoasterMan
mitigation is included in ehp, that's the whole point

EHP is a bad number. Its misleading. for example:
2 barbs with the same ehp,

barb 1 has 100k hp and 96% mitigation and can block 50% for 5k damage, he also has 3k regen. total ehp 2,500,000

Hes hit twice for 500k,

mitigation drops the hits to 20k. He then gets 3 k back from regen so its 17 k damage total for the first hit.
The second hit is blocked so its 15k - 3k(for regen) becomes 12k,
he looses 29k of actual hp or 29% of his EHP, which is 725,000 EHP

barb two has 98% mitigation but only 50k hp, his ehp is 2,500,000, exactly the same as the first barb. But when hes hit for 500k hes only hit for 10k after mitigation - 3k for regen it becomes 7k, and
on the second hit 10k - 5k after block, - 3k for regen its only 2k
barb 2 looses 9k hp, or 18% of his EHP which is 450,000 ehp.

Mitigation > vita
Reply Quote
I am far from the best defensive barb like jook or nike or any those in top 10.
But i wana say,

Mitigation > vita = wrong imo.
I am not telling every one to stack life%, vit or Purely AR...

My barb has some dex, decent AR but need more from gloves and rings if possible (hopefully 700 unbuff), good HP, stack some additional physical resist, reduce melee 15% and reduce range 6%.
A balance of everything is the best imo.

No use getting perfect 80AR in all parts, then have low vit and %hp.
The power of %hp x vit has no soft cap nor hard cap unlike mitigation has.
The more you stack, the more they multiply by each other.

I don't want to give specific amounts as i don't want to mislead anyone.

@DeadLegacy,
You are not a monk, get more vit instead of dex please.
Dex is a supplement, vit is your main meal.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 1/23/2013 6:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
im thinking of selling this litany and getting one with CD.

either that or just use my SOJ in its place.

my CD is too low.

what do you guys think?
Reply Quote
for pvp I would def suggest full 5 pc ik set
Reply Quote
im thinking of selling this litany and getting one with CD.

either that or just use my SOJ in its place.

my CD is too low.

what do you guys think?

SOJ of coz.
Reply Quote
Do you guys think 0 weapon throw is useful? You can spam throwing weapon for stun... didn't try in PTR yet but I'm using it for uber boss right now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]