Diablo® III

Operating System Does Not Meet Minimum Requir

Yikes, a definite glitch for sure. Wish you luck in getting it resolved so you can run through the PTR and see what the upcoming patch offers, and help find bugs that needs squished.

As far as I know, there is no 32bit and 64bit version of the game nor the PTR, both installing the same no matter the bit the system is on, as long as the minimum run requirements are met.
The bit system for a Windows Operating system only designates the processing speed at which it can run, 32bit for lower running systems. All other programs out there install and run the same no matter the bit system.
Edited by DarkScorpion#1181 on 1/28/2013 9:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
justhackitup,

Trying all the various Windows versions in compatibility mode is most likely why it's having troubles now. None are ever needed.

Make sure the entries in the following registry key all match what you really have.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
Reply Quote
Open D3Debug.txt that's in your D3 PTR folder.
Second line should be "Diablo III Release (No Assertions) running under Windows 7-64 SP1 (Version 6.1.7601)"
Last line (or a line near the bottom of the file) should be the reason D3 failed to launch.

Also try this
https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/operating-system-is-out-of-date-error
Edited by Andead#2165 on 1/30/2013 7:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Try creating a new Windows user account and add it to the Administrators group. Then log out of Windows and back in with the new user account and try the install. If this works, you should be able to go back on the original account and play.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
justhackitup,

Did you try with a new user account added to the Admin group yet?
Reply Quote
Congratulations and I'm very glad that you found a way for you to install and run it. I'm thankful that I did not have to go through all that to get mine to work, working on my main and only profile on my tower with everything set to being ran as Admin. Enjoy your PTR runs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]