Diablo® III

I Hate the Monster Affix - Extra Health

View profile
Gimme a break!

On MP8 that affix just sucks rocks. Now that I have RD licked with a proc doctor build, it seems like every other elite group has extra health now. Blah! If I have to fight monsters with MP10 health then I should get something for it.

Leave RD alone and nerf extra health!

Who's with me?
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 07:51 PMPosted by skywalkerfx
Leave RD alone and nerf extra health!

Your post almost gave me cancer.
EH is there to make it a challenge, just because it makes the elite take longer to kill does not mean it needs to be nerfed. And if it is that big of a deal then go buy an SoJ to switch your ring with when you see that affix.
Reply Quote
View profile
That's a good idea, I'll start carrying an SOJ just for those EH guys. I don't normally switch out gear during fights, but those EH dudes have been taking over for the RD guys in my games, and they are a pain in the shorts to kill.

I wonder if the game will come up with a new nasty thing to throw at me if I use an SOJ?

And sorry about the leaving RD alone thing -- didn't want to make anyone lose their lunch.
Reply Quote
Although I think EH is an antiquated affix, I don't think it should be nerfed or removed. It once made things pretty difficult when there was a rage timer on elites. Now it just seems to be there as a free-be. I do however think it would be nice to see a larger variety of affixes. Here's some ideas I just made up. Because I'm just that excited to be at work.

Resource Sap: Rapidly reduces the resource of the player within range. This obviously would hurt some more than others, but should it be coupled with vortex, that would make things more difficult for everyone.

Charm: Why hasn't this been added to the game yet?

Skill Lock: Locks down either 1, 2, 3 or 4 for a number of seconds (2 secs maybe?). 15 second cooldown

Butterfinger: Not likely to ever be put into the game, but I thought it was funny. This would cause you to randomly drop gear in your inventory that your not currently wearing. Simular to how hitting a goblin will drop gear when you hit it.

Juxtapose: Switches positions between two players or between the itself and the player.

Just some random thoughts.
Reply Quote
View profile
Yes Butterfinger would be interesting in PVP or group play where everyone else could rob you when your gear drops --- No Thanks.

Why not something easy like letting the Blacksmith socket weapons?

Or bring back the Knight class with their auras.
Reply Quote
Fast, hard hitting melee units make extra health difficult. I can survive, but longer battles mean there is more chance for a series of crits or something to kill one's character.

I joined up a game in Act 1, went to the woods, and I started dropping Piles of Zombies on this elite. That damn extra health; it was taking !@#$ing forever.

And longer.

Finally dead and then I noticed I had set it to MP10.

Anyways,
Extra Health is fine.
Reply Quote
View profile
I was hitting a bunch of elites packs with EH and it was frustrating in the time it took to take down the leader, anyway the SOJ idea works great and I just pop it on now to take down the leader when the pack is dead.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]