Diablo® III

Wizard is the worst PvP class :(

You are all a bunch of whiny babies. Booo-!@#$ing-hooo they allowed SA to be dodged... are you even listening to yourselves?

You think it's some huge "nerf" just because it can be dodged now... have you even used it since the update? I'm still killing plenty of people with it.

And now that players are elites we have way higher survivability since we dont get perma stunned anymore. I'm doing better in pvp since the update, and I was doing fine before.

Maybe the problem is the setup you guys choose, both skill wise and gear wise
Reply Quote
I'm actually surprised you could beat any one on earth with your gear.. and to say the we are whining....=D please feel free to to add me on PTR I would love to annihilate you for fun... then I'll let friends do the same.... after that I'll be nice enough to hold your hand and walk you to whatever bridge or rock you crawled out of.. thanks NoObZ#1964 ADD ME!
Reply Quote
You are all a bunch of whiny babies. Booo-!@#$ing-hooo they allowed SA to be dodged... are you even listening to yourselves?

You think it's some huge "nerf" just because it can be dodged now... have you even used it since the update? I'm still killing plenty of people with it.

And now that players are elites we have way higher survivability since we dont get perma stunned anymore. I'm doing better in pvp since the update, and I was doing fine before.

says the 90k dps, 300k pvp dummy and 13k elite kills wizzy
Reply Quote
Does this mean monsters can now dodge SA?
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 06:23 AMPosted by Ossian
Does this mean monsters can now dodge SA?

Nope, just players.
Reply Quote
OK, because I was about to lose my mind.
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 05:58 AMPosted by NoObZ
I'm actually surprised you could beat any one on earth with your gear.. and to say the we are whining....=D please feel free to to add me on PTR I would love to annihilate you for fun... then I'll let friends do the same.... after that I'll be nice enough to hold your hand and walk you to whatever bridge or rock you crawled out of.. thanks NoObZ#1964 ADD ME!

LOL. I'm actually surprised that not all wizards are here whining. i have 700k dps with this new ruby gem on, at ptr(eu profile), and still think wiz is a lot weaker than other classes (1v1 duels mostly). And yes, dodging shocks from reactor wont really make much difference but that's the point, wizards shouldn't be depended on SA shocks... whoever is whining here is actually know Wizard in pvp unlike u mcurley. I also have every other class geared, and every class has many variable choices of specs, but wizard REALLY don't have any other option... makes it predictable and weak.

as most of you here figured it, im also using my test toon wd for pvp now...

other option is quiting, which seems to be the only option when u have 100paragon wiz and 1paragon wd.
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 05:58 AMPosted by NoObZ
NoObZ#1964 ADD ME!

added
Reply Quote
Why are you all surprised. We were going to get nerfed one way or the other. Just be thankful you guys can still freeze and your black weapons still hurt. To be honest that's more than I could ask for considering what they've done to us before. This game is pve anyways.
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 07:00 AMPosted by JellzRoc
Why are you all surprised. We were going to get nerfed one way or the other. Just be thankful you guys can still freeze and your black weapons still hurt. To be honest that's more than I could ask for considering what they've done to us before. This game is pve anyways.

ye u have a good point black weapons haven't being touched yet. the day they do that is the day i quit for good. but what remains to be questioned is dueling equivalent geared other class is leaving nothing for wizard to actually compete. barb has rend even when all tanky, wd has many many ways latest I've seen is zombie dog spam, monks got also specs to go around, dhs are doing well with unlimited discipline on leg natalya's. I'm looking for a way to figure this out, and waiting for some genius wizard to come up with a build to surprise me, but nobody came with anything so far.
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 01:07 AMPosted by Aimless
I ask them about it and it has something to do with way game is coded if they hold down left mouse button computer will auto target us.

Great, exactly what i thought when i played against some barbs and monks. They were alwas hitting the right one. Its not even about balancing but blizzard didnt test pvp at all.
Reply Quote
@Mcurley: Wizard may not have issue dueling with subpar gears opponents. But if they gear properly with correct skills, wizard has no or little chance. Please add me on PTR, maybe you could give me a pointer or two.

dboy#1704
Reply Quote

says the 90k dps, 300k pvp dummy and 13k elite kills wizzy

I fail to see how my characters stats play any role in what I said. (especially those stats, lol)

ofc there are players that beat me in pvp, some even decisively, but I have been doing better since the update.
Reply Quote
Wiz is fine. I mean before we complain, I gotta see Godly Wiz like Shandlar and Darshu play pvp against other Godly classes and tell us what they feel about it.

again, until PVP has some kind of reward system (ladder ranking, achievement awards etc etc), it's just for fun and we will continue to farm and craft.
Reply Quote
I have a "godly" Wizard and can move gear around to become high dps high EHP . Wizard gets her hat handed to her vs just about everyone .

Two Upsides.

1. You can give your gear to your Witch Doctor and do great.
2.PvP is pretty bad currently and no one will play it for more then a few hours .

ZHopefully by the time an expansion comes out we will get some viable builds.
Reply Quote
Wiz has become the weakest class. The only people I'm beating are people who definitely have worst gear than I do. And I don't stand a chance beating even a strong barb.

Barb owns you with rend and then sprints away while you die, or come again if you don't.
dh ignores slowtime and owns you
wd just uses his pets to block your attacks (missile/storm armor)
Monk can now dodge LIGHTNING... so reactive armor barely even fights back now, and there's no way of escaping a monk. He can just left click hold. he's faster, he has tons of cc skills.

honestly, how do u dodge lightning? you watch it come and jump out? makes no sense. Then why cant u dodge haunt? You actually see the swirlies come at you.
Reply Quote
Disagree.

I matched myself up against multiple paragon 100 DHs, monks, WDs and barbarians yesterday with 100K-250K unbuffed DPS and minimal 500K unbuffed EHP. Granted, I have more slightly more DPS and EHP than all of them, but I held my own just the same compared to pre-patch.

Essentially, I noted no difference in performance compared to pre-Storm Armor nerf.

Stop completely relying on Storm Armor. It's meant to be a form of "bonus" DPS, not your main source of offense.

@Lilspark... your EHP dude.
Edited by Jaetch#1861 on 1/23/2013 8:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
I don't think Wizard is the worst PvP class. I'm not the best geared player ever, but based on my current performance I'm certain I could hold my ground if I was better geared. I do 28K on a crit to even the best armored chars, so logic would dictate that if I had more crit damage I could one-shot a lot of classes relatively easily... of course, logic dictates that noone should be one-shotting anyone and the fact that all classes need to one-shot in order to be really competitive really tells you a lot.

Really the bigger problem is that Monk and Witch Doctor are overpowered. Witch Doctor needs Haunt to be remedied, and Monk is way too powerful right now; 800% weapon damage on a skill they can hold enough spirit to spam 3 times rapidly is not fair; especially when compared to the strongest equivalent wizard skill at 390% and a time delay.
Reply Quote
Wiz is fine. I mean before we complain, I gotta see Godly Wiz like Shandlar and Darshu play pvp against other Godly classes and tell us what they feel about it.

again, until PVP has some kind of reward system (ladder ranking, achievement awards etc etc), it's just for fun and we will continue to farm and craft.

They are only godly vs monsters, you try and pvp with chants set and stacked IAS then come back and tell me how you fare.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]