Diablo® III

Wizard is the worst PvP class :(

Wiz is the worst class. This shouldn't come as news to anyone here.
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 09:50 AMPosted by JellzRoc
Wiz is the worst class. This shouldn't come as news to anyone here.

If you're running a CM/WW Chant's set for PvP, that shouldn't be a surprise.

Switch up the gear. I feel bad for the barbs.
Reply Quote
i have to try the chants set now that the elite mods are working but i think it could actually be good as it will give you a defensive buff vs elites. thing is i wont stack anymore ias besides the witching rest cd only exceptions would be trifecta gear.

this is what i want to try out:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ximae-1789/hero/1342065

prob is i just bought the chants force and the bracer, wanted to pump that vit, so i wont be able to copy it yet. do you know how long it takes for gear to be able to be copied over? im waiting for that stuff before i recopy my toon.
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 10:35 AMPosted by ximae
prob is i just bought the chants force and the bracer, wanted to pump that vit, so i wont be able to copy it yet. do you know how long it takes for gear to be able to be copied over? im waiting for that stuff before i recopy my toon.

It's once a week, but it's supposed to be every 72 hours. Not sure if they fixed that.

I just re-copied my character last night after a week went by.
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 10:37 AMPosted by Jaetch

It's once a week, but it's supposed to be every 72 hours. Not sure if they fixed that.

I just re-copied my character last night after a week went by.

For a long time it was listed in the known issues that anyone who copied once, and deleted, could not copy again no matter how much time passed.

I think it is fixed now though to the appropriate 72 hour interval.
Reply Quote
first week is today for me, co i can copy already. But what i meant is that if i copy now the very recent gear i just bought wont copy over, i wanted to know how much time is needed for the new stuff to copy over. is it 24h 48h?

btw: last ptr it was always a week before u could copy from same region, i guess its still a week. i think the 72h thing is if you want to copy from dif region. I think the exception was when they put a new verion then the timer was reset.
Edited by ximae#1789 on 1/23/2013 11:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
Lol at this. This is exactly why I decided to quit and gave all my stuff away.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/23/2013 12:27 PMPosted by Sennin
Lol at this. This is exactly why I decided to quit and gave all my stuff away.

damn really u had boss stuff too. im not playing anymore but cant bring myself to give it up.. hoping like mr cheng says walk a way for a bit and rekindle love when i come back
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/23/2013 12:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
sucks
Edited by PRINCEBELAIR#1693 on 1/25/2013 7:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
SA == biggest lol ever in PvP, I had to stop playing with PvP on the PTR.

It was insanely OP and extremely boring. Killing people while I am AFK or changing around skills?
LOL.
Edited by Flexyana#1496 on 1/23/2013 12:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
There is a reason my highest play time character, the wizard, is paragon 30 and naked.
Reply Quote
well ive actually been testing ptr and they have failed with the nerf, sa still hits as always no dodging what so ever. Guess they will get it right some hotfix ahead but for the moment sa is still good.
Reply Quote
You need like 1K Dex to really start dodging anything.
Reply Quote
@Jaetch I disagree I can triple my EHP(I have done it) and makes no real difference I regear to my WD and become 10 times better then my Wizard we are in a bad spot.

That said you and eye are in the top 1% we should destroy almost all comers and we do not average geared classes can easily challenge high end wizards.
Edited by Lilspark#1868 on 1/23/2013 3:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
I can't agree more. Let's just quit using Wiz for PVP. We don't have any skills to ignore damage for a while and clear all debuffs at the same time. We don't have a high dodge rate. We can't be invisible. Therefore, we cannot rely on any active offensive spell to attack others, for we'll see a Monk with serenity, a DH with smoke screen, a WD with spirit walk, a Barb with ignore pain and overpower. And thanks to the new change, our most effective passive offensive storm armor get nerfed. What? We do have some defensive cooldowns like Diamond skin? Oh, it's no use against any dots. They really need to fix Wizards.
Edited by Zetalight#1571 on 1/23/2013 8:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
I feel bad for the barbs.

dont
Edited by Jook#1782 on 1/24/2013 2:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
@Jaetch I disagree I can triple my EHP(I have done it) and makes no real difference I regear to my WD and become 10 times better then my Wizard we are in a bad spot.

That said you and eye are in the top 1% we should destroy almost all comers and we do not average geared classes can easily challenge high end wizards.

It's really fun to be fighting against a WD, you almost kill them and then they just do their voodoo BS, cast haunt from full screen away and disappear into nowhere and you're just left to die, slowly...

Oh and if you somehow survive the haunt, the DH camping on the bottom of the map with 7 sentries and just shooting hungering arrows constantly without even caring if anyone's there at all will get you.

Don't even get me started with the scaredy cats who, if they get below 50% HP, just start running around applying potions or go back to town. Who the !@#$ cares if you die, it's free for all (which is dumber than a post). No one's keeping a kill count either.

PvP as of now is such a gigantic fail, not because some classes are dominating it but because it is so boring. Not being able to team up and not having more than one boring dark map isn't what I call "minimalistic". That's what I call slacking off. After all that insane BS about "oh sorry guys duelling isn't up to our oh so great Blizzfart standards yet so we're gonna make it absolutely perfect before we release it", we get this? All my hopes just went down the drain. Didn't even play PvP for more than 2 days.
Reply Quote
http://youtu.be/svWVQnSbO_s

Toward the end I was against a 270K+ unbuffed DPS, 400K+ unbuffed EHP WD running 0-sec Dogs and Haunt. I killed him twice, and those two times were the only times he died the entire round. I did die four times to him, but not too surprising considering I had a Strafe DH and Rend barb on me as well.

Yes, WDs are OP, they can rake with mediocre gear, but it's not impossible to do well against them. Yes, Smokescreen DHs are annoying and they can shoot from off-screen, but again, it's not impossible to fight them.

Sigh... at the end of the day, this is a PvE loot-based game first and foremost, so that should be Blizzard's priority, not PvP. It's a good time-killer, that's about it.
Edited by Jaetch#1861 on 1/24/2013 7:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
We should ask about this nerf on the Dev Q & A.

"We see that wizard has been nerfed for PvP, can we expect similar nerfs for other gamebreaking skills in PvP, such as[insert other classes's more OP skills here]"?
Reply Quote
View profile
Mcurley, add me. I'd like to test your wizard against my mediocre geared DH. :-)
Maybe I can change your mind, or wizards have some good PVP skills aside from Storm Armor we haven't discovered yet.
Edited by DomonKassui#1611 on 1/25/2013 5:31 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]